Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Intrinsics farm: how to maximize?

TARINunit9

Question

I'm making my final push for MR30. I decided to take a break from Steel Path and work on Intrinsics... and I'm thinking I put them off for too long because I'm only at 9/8/8/8

The two main strats for this seems to be "Gian Point Speed" and "Flexa Adaro", which are about as far apart as you can get.

Gian Point Speed takes advantage of the fact Gian Point never spawns a spacebase/point of interest. You're not getting a lot of intrinsics per mission, but you are doing a lot of missions very quickly. The only downside is that you need to be doing it co-op: one player to pilot, the other player to build Flux Energy and man the artillery. I tried it solo just to get a feel for the intrinsics-per-mission, and it is definitely MUCH slower solo... or is it? I doubt there's much I'm missing, but is there a side-strat for solo players?

Flexa Adaro, named for an older strat on Adaro Sedna, instead relies on backstabbing as many Exo infantry as possible to squeeze out every last drop of affinity from a high-density environment. I gave it a run, and after 59 minutes of infiltrating crewships as Ivara, systematically depopulating an entire Galleon, I would up with a whopping 42 intrinsics (no booster). There were a lot of things I could have done wrong, but I have to ask if there's more things I can do to either speed it up, or squeeze more affinity out of each Grineer. Boring details follow:

Spoiler

My Flexa strat was (after killing the fighters of course) to jump in each Crewship and stab the pilot, then run back out. Didn't touch anyone else until I had all eight Crewships (the max that can spawn at one time) sitting idle in the vacuum of space. Then I would use Ivara, gather everyone close with Noise arrows, spam Sleep arrows, then get to backstabbing. Is this the fastest way or is there a better way?

The Galleon also feels like a timesink. I don't know if the devs tried to nerf us or if it's always been this way, but Exo enemies in the Galleon spawn "1/2 alerted" meaning they don't count as stealth kills until they've wandered around for like 30 seconds. And 1/2 alerted enemies have an annoying habit of re-alerting unalerted enemies if they gather together (thankfully there's a limit on how often they can do this; eventually they'll all go unalert). My idea was to just go all the way from spawn to the captain, then back to spawn, repeating the noise/sleep arrow backstabs for each room. Does this cause fewer enemies in total to spawn? Is this just overall slower in general?

Actually on the subject of speed, is there a better frame for Adaro-style stealthing than Ivara? I know Equinox is popular on the actual Adaro, but Sedna enemies don't spawn 1/2 alerted like Exo enemies do

As one final question about Flexa Adaro, how much of a difference does Naramon make? I forgot to equip it for the big 59 minute run

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Yes stealth finishers. I did it before they nerfed how tanky gokstaad troops were so I don't know what it takes to kill them now. I used a Fragor Prime and Ivara sleep arrows. It didn't matter if it was in the back or front, as long as it was a finisher.

Clearly I'm missing something, because I can't just run up to all the enemies with Sleep arrows. As I mentioned, they spawn half-alerted, and they do NOT give Stealth Kill bonuses in that state. Is there some secret to getting them calmed down faster? Because without it, I don't see how to shave the mission down from 59 minutes to 11 minutes

2 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Wait, no stealth kills? Or am I missing something?

Yes stealth finishers. I did it before they nerfed how tanky gokstaad troops were so I don't know what it takes to kill them now. I used a Fragor Prime and Ivara sleep arrows. It didn't matter if it was in the back or front, as long as it was a finisher.

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Naramon isn't required, the reason for this is you're using finishers rather than building combo to 12x. I got it down to 11 minutes per run back when I did it, using Ivara and a Fragor and getting about 18 intrinsics in that time. I'm not sure what's been changed since I did it though. 

Wait, no stealth kills? Or am I missing something?

Naramon isn't required, the reason for this is you're using finishers rather than building combo to 12x. I got it down to 11 minutes per run back when I did it, using Ivara and a Fragor and getting about 18 intrinsics in that time. I'm not sure what's been changed since I did it though. 

As for Gian point method the fastest way is a 4 man group while being the foundry person because you seem to gain extra intrinaica when doing so. Assuming you have a good Railjack ship there's really no speed loss for doing it solo other than manning the gun for the crewships, might take an extra minute. 

Just a quick fyi, you do not require max intrinsics or Steel Path to hit MR 30 since the last update.

Archived