Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Implement a legal way to read Health/Shield and so on from the running game

MS_Windows_8

My target is to use some LED Strips to visualize my Warframes health and shield. Those are mounted directly above my screen, so its easy to monitor them.

And now I am looking for a way to read those values from the running game. The problem is, I have not yet found a legal way to do that.
It would be really great if something would be implemented to the game to easily read these values, to use them in some third party UI.

Picture of the current hardware...

Welcome to the forums tenno.

Thats freaking amazing.

As a programmer i think the idea is amazing but also as a programmer i think that the game security is probably builded in a way to avoid tenno to temper with those values. I wonder if we could have a local broadcast of the regular data just to code something out of it.

@[DE]Steve might be able to help us out. Is there any data that could be broadcasted like Health , Energy , Ammo ,  current mission progress , XP on weapons and more just so we could make ourselves stuff to monitor our missions in addition to the current interface ? I know its totaly wish list teritory but would be cool ^.^ 

ah, now i get why you called it 'legal' way...

well, code-wise, i could think of some ways to do this - most of them sadly not 'legal' in terms of DEs ToS... it might work with using the EE.log file as source of damage done to you but as far as i remeber the damage there doesn't include the dmg-typ and to what it goes to (or if/if not it's migrated). lastly, you would need either an overlay (which might be a 'legal' way, but cluncky and problematic, like we see it with other 3rd party programs in WF and other games) or the game needs an API for modders to use... but this would create some serious 'issues' regarding what can be read-out and what fill into the data that might or might not be send back to the control server... idk how warframe is constructed in detail and can only do some 'educated' guesses, but those tend to a posibility of unwanted manipulations, IF the API would have holes in it... which is likely ^^)

best way would be, if DE themself would give us such options regarding the GUI - and that is only about the informations that some player want, but also about solving the many gui-glitches that plagues the since... always...

Archived