Trading System Rework / Warframe's Core Rework Part 1 (Concept)

VoidArkhangel

Introduction

Great part of the community have been asking for a rework of the entire game, myself included and personally I think that if this rework doesn't arrives soon the game will "die" for the lack of a better term and here is why:

Spoiler

Warframe has a lot of flaws, feels disconected, feels incomplete and feels dead.

The flaws being the problems someone have playing the game like the Host Migration, is a co-op game but ironically is better to play solo, game-breaking bugs like the affinity loss for Necramechs, no enemy spawn on bounties, absurd soft-locks and so. I think the main problem here is that the code is a mess but I didn't saw it so don't quote me on this.

Feels disconected, the game has a LOT of dead ends like the Plains of Eidolon where you see a Bolkor (a crewship that deploys a sustantial number of grineer units) and you never see one again, the Kuva liches that have almost no impact in the solar system since everyone but the player doesn't give a damn about them and, among others, the Railjack system and I say system because it was supposed to be the link between many dead ends, see the Tennocon reveal gameplay where it seems to be free roam and I remember hearing DE saying so. And having new content using something from the old content is just enlarging the dead end.

Feels incomplete, just play some missions on the planets, Ceres feels like Gears of War 2 while Earth feels like a beta of a 2019 game, the missions are too linear and if you want to explore you will find more invisible walls than actual secrets, a lot of animations have weird interactions, the Codex (wich is the place to go if you want to see the lore) is incomplete, tells very little about the universe and is a pain in the chair to complete.

Feels dead, ok read this one, when you do a mission on the Grineer Galleon, what do you expect to see? soldiers yes but nothing else? because I expect to see something like in the Corpus ships, these soldiers sitting, talking, using the consoles, DE really did a great job with the Corpus ship remaster because (as long as they don't detect you it feels alive), it feels like they are just people doing their thing and this is the point where I want to get. This system feels dead because we don't see a lot of this interactions and the AI is pretty old, it patrols, detects and attacks, also we only see three factions on the entire system, where are the bandits trying to steal grineer supplies? where are the wild Kuakas fighting the infestation? where are all the species that the Orokin ruled? are all of them dead? BS, is a sci-fi futuristic and we don't have Twi'leks, Mandalorians, Hybrids nor Civilians? really?

All of this makes the game a pretty linear and boring game, I mean yeah walking through the path the first and second time is fun.... as anything else. And this would be the perfect example:

Imagine a path that is made of stone slabs, has an end but eventually the creators will get there and will put more slabs enlarging the path but while they get back to the "fabric" and walks through the path to put the slabs the oldest slabs come out of their place, the path gets slimy and so on, the creators say to themselves that enlarging the path will result on more people wanting to travel through it but the people wont travel a meter if they see such a troblesome start.

So it's time to change things and since it is a very large game with almost infinite potential why not start with one little big thing, the trading.

Disclaimer:

-This is not on the Feedback section since I wanted to do a brainstorm and then put the result in a single post in the Feedback section.

-This is part 1 of the suggestions for a Core rework I have in mind so if you are looking for a discussion about something else (Conclave, Invasions, Warframes) I will create them eventually since I want to talk about the entire game so please, do not post "We need a rework for (x) thing" and instead post things that helps the system this post refers to.

Problems

1. The price:

This is the major problem in this system since there is no real number that says what item has what price and can be specially seen with the rivens, a lot of times I sold good rivens for way too low plat as the same as I bought good rivens for almost nothing.

2. The missclicks:

This can happen if the chat goes too fast, if you forget what you wanted/the name/how many of x item you have or even inviting someone when you wanted to talk leading to a awkward situation.

3. The recruitment chat:

Is right next to it and the PM also is next to this channel so a lot of times appears a message that was not supposed to be there.

4. Trade limit:

C'mon.

5. Wrong timing:

"Sorry I already have it" or "Sorry, I already sold it" or even worse "Someone is offering me the same thing but with lower price" are just dismotivating things to read.

The Concept

What I came to was a simple idea: Move the trading to the Market.

Now let me explain. With this we can have a new window that opens every time we select it from the market, much like when you open the Warframes or Weapons tab on the market, it shows you a image, the price and a description so would be pretty much like the actual Warframe Market but will show the image of what is selling, the amount of items left, the description of the item, the price for each and only the items provided by players that are currently online this would be the WTS sub-tab, if the amount of items the seller have is 0, the "post" will be atomatically erased and it resets every time the trader quit the game. In this tab (Trading) you will also have the option to switch from WTS to WTB or WTT.

The WTB sub-tab will show the image of the item(s), the amount of items required, and the price the buyer is willing to pay for each unit, again only online players.

The WTT will have two squares where the first would be the item(s) that the player wants to give with its name on top of the first square and the second square will be the item(s) that the player wants to recieve.

Also this tab will have its own chat section and will look something like this:

Spoiler

[Image of the most selled item]

[WTS][WTB][WTT]

Offers:                                                                                                                                                        Chat:

Sample_Name1

6173639884e31be54807e015b41f18dd.png[3x Zephyr Prime Set / 40p each](this tab collapses when the cursor is out of the image)

CoolerSample_Name2

latest?cb=20160125210743[1x Misery Accesories Pack / 390p]

|SEND MESSAGE TO TRADING

This is the base I thought, it can have a [order by] option and this way you can seek the most cheap ones, the most items per trade and so. Also when you click the image of the item it will automatically open PM to that person.

With this I'd also like to agree the infinite trades per day since having limits like this is just driving players to do something else and may never return.

Why do I omitted the negative plat problem?

I don't think a In-Game system can fix this since is problem with transactions out of the game, this should be fixed with some account verifier, a bot that compares if the player made a transaction on steam or the official page to have the x new amount of plat.

Anyways, I'd like to read your ideas to make a better system (this is a brainstorm anyways) and post it on the feedback section to hopefully someone at DE reads this and things start to change. Thanks for stopping by!

Justo ahora, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario dijo:

You know this isn't feedback right? This would go better over there in that section I imagine. 

I know:

hace 11 minutos, VoidArkhangel dijo:

-This is not on the Feedback section since I wanted to do a brainstorm and then put the result in a single post in the Feedback section.

Yep i agree, I have countless times miss clicked when changing between chats and posted requirements in trade chat. To move it to the market place makes it more dedicated and can be more visual (which I love, I am a very visual person). 

However since this is not an auction house concept, it is still reliant on people actively posting in the 'chat' what they are buying/selling/trading which will still result in not being able to determine what things actually cost (which you can see more sell/buy prices from Warframe market to get that better understanding of current prices). 

Trading for in game currency will not be streamlined/simplified any further than it is since it impacts on DE's bottom line. The easier it is to make plat in game the more likely people wont outright buy plat. That is why there is daily trade limits and large credit tax on bigger ticket items. Don't think DE will make any improvements to this part of the game.  

hace 2 horas, Jackdarsan dijo:

However since this is not an auction house concept, it is still reliant on people actively posting in the 'chat' what they are buying/selling/trading which will still result in not being able to determine what things actually cost (which you can see more sell/buy prices from Warframe market to get that better understanding of current prices). 

Right, I forgot to tell about the search function wich will be like searching in the market, you put it on the search bar and the sellers/buyers/traders of that particular item will pop up with their respective offer of course.

On 2020-12-09 at 12:25 PM, VoidArkhangel said:

Right, I forgot to tell about the search function wich will be like searching in the market, you put it on the search bar and the sellers/buyers/traders of that particular item will pop up with their respective offer of course.

I might not be understanding what you mean, I still don't see how that information would be present unless it is an action house like state (where that information is stored to be reviewed all at once). If  no change is made to the current chat system itself then you would still only see the trade requests that have been made only when you're online. 

If you log out and come back the next day, you wont see what trade requests (sell/buy/trade) that have been made while your offline/previous days. 

I like what your proposing but it would need a change to how the information is stored, which would make it a 'warframe.market' but in game. That 3rd party site exists since DE wont make it easier to trade plate. Maybe add in the proposal to increase credit tax if this feature is added in game. Would slow down trades and give people more reasons to play (farm credits). Haven't had to do Index in ages. Just my 2 cents.   

hace 39 minutos, Jackdarsan dijo:

I might not be understanding what you mean, I still don't see how that information would be present unless it is an action house like state (where that information is stored to be reviewed all at once). If  no change is made to the current chat system itself then you would still only see the trade requests that have been made only when you're online. 

I think you reffer to the offers... Imagine the tipical Maroo's relay menu to offer 6 things now this 6 things appear on the Market console as every other item in there only these items will be there until you quit the game so if you want to buy something you go there and seek the item, if you don't find it you create a "post" in the section and go to do something else, if somebody seeks to sell this item he will enter the section and will find your offer and so.

hace 46 minutos, Jackdarsan dijo:

If you log out and come back the next day, you wont see what trade requests (sell/buy/trade) that have been made while your offline/previous days. 

Yes, this because I don't see the point of the offer staying while you are offline since nobody will awnser.

hace 56 minutos, Jackdarsan dijo:

Maybe add in the proposal to increase credit tax if this feature is added in game.

Nah I'll pass, maybe adding something worth the credits like the kitha sculpture?

Archived