Foundry Upgrade/Change

Blazing_Blue

I believe a great QOL addition to warframe would be if you could queue up multiple of each item you want to build in your foundry. So if you want to build 100 Esher Devar's as long as you have the resources and blueprint/s after each set of 10 finishes (The Eshar Devar's BP builds 10 at a time) the first 10 is claimed and the next 10 auto starts. This could also work for making multiple of something that requires a slot like weapons simply by making sure you have enough slots in advance.

To make sure not everything is auto claimed it could either be setup so if you build one blueprint's worth it isn't claimed or simply make it so even if you go for the 100 Eshar Devar's you have to claim them when they are all done.

I believe this is a good way to save players time without removing the incentive to rush some items with platinum. 

I was thinking for the open world minerals it would be interesting to add a refinement area separate from the foundry that lets us just input exactly how many we want to craft (since all the blueprints are 1 raw for 1 refined) so we aren't stuck getting to some arbitrary number of the resource and sometimes have to over shoot which is annoying.  Naturally the "blueprints" would be tweaked to display the cost for a single conversion and it would just scale up based on how many we wanted to refine in terms of other resources/credits.  The blueprints would also just unlock the refining ability. 

This would solve few issues:

1. Let bulk crafting of those minerals

2. Clear up the foundry from bunch of random recipes

3. Allow players easier control/access to the refined versions of the minerals

4. Could be expanded to the other "refinement" recipes currently in the game (orokin cells for example or the sentient cores)

The foundry function as it does because forcing platinum rushing is not actually the intention, or even all that important.  It's meant to require engagement.  If you want to build things, you need to be logged in.  Simply making players actually log in to build stuff keeps the game in a player's mind.  Saving player's time in a way that allows players to progress to any extent while not actively playing is a huge negative for a game using the free-to-play model.  Allow players to queue a month's worth of Forma, and come back later and it will all be built will remove a strong incentive to log in to Warframe, and that makes walking away from the game easier.  That isn't a plus if you want an active community, or just for the game to continue as a viable business.

1 hour ago, Phatose said:

The foundry function as it does because forcing platinum rushing is not actually the intention, or even all that important.  It's meant to require engagement.  If you want to build things, you need to be logged in.  Simply making players actually log in to build stuff keeps the game in a player's mind.  Saving player's time in a way that allows players to progress to any extent while not actively playing is a huge negative for a game using the free-to-play model.  Allow players to queue a month's worth of Forma, and come back later and it will all be built will remove a strong incentive to log in to Warframe, and that makes walking away from the game easier.  That isn't a plus if you want an active community, or just for the game to continue as a viable business.

I can't really agree with this when you can literally build items from your phone.

Even with what I suggested as an addition you need to engage every time you get something new and even if you make a lot of something chances are you will need to farm more resources and make more later. I also believe having to either wait at the foundry to claim and start a new build every minute (not all items) or lose time you could be making more when you need a lot is tedious and in no way engaging.

Also before you can queue a months worth of forma you need to farm the bps. Even without being able to queue the forma are they still 'playing' if they go on their phone once a day to craft forma for a month?

Personally I would be happy if you could just queue the 1 min builds but I don't see an issue with being able to queue everything.

17 hours ago, Blazing_Blue said:

Even without being able to queue the forma are they still 'playing' if they go on their phone once a day to craft forma for a month?

They are still thinking about the game....and that is the important thing.
To keep the game in your mind every day so you go "Oh yeah, I have stuff building...." is a large part of the goal of the 24 hour build times.  Especially since if they are thinking about the game enough to check the app they are likely thinking enough to see events pop up and will likely play during those times. 
The second you forget about the game is when they lose a customer.  And being able to queue up a months worth of forma, walk away from the game and not have to think about it?  That's when you forget the game exists and they lose a customer.

17 hours ago, Blazing_Blue said:

Personally I would be happy if you could just queue the 1 min builds

That's likely as far as anything is going to go....and even then with the caveat of "it auto builds as long as you're in the game and when you sign out it stops the build until you sign in again."

Archived