Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Neptune Kuva Lich

spaigewah

I am not against the Kuva Lich mechanics nor difficulties in any way.  I do believe that the general nature of a mechanic should be to not outright break or rob the entirety of a different mechanic.  When running the Index, the Kuva Lich can steal the money you get from the reward.  In doing this, because there is not a monetary credit amount (like in normal missions) but rather a single item, that is 'opened' for 250K credits (on the highest index), this can be stolen and therefore negate the whole reason for doing the index.

I am not against the theft of items, or the consequences of the kuva lich.  I even think that the mechanic should be that it can steal some of the credits from the mission itself.  If the game devs changed that the kuva lich cannot steal relics or opened items from relics, then I think the funds from the index are in this same category and therefore should not be stolen in their entirety.  If they were treated as a different entity, such as 250K individual credits, then the mechanic can remain and I do not think anyone would truly be hurt at losing even 50K or 100K credits when being rewarded 250K.  However if I use platinum, which is in game currency that I paid actual money for, or grinded for prime parts to sell on the market, for a credit booster with the sole intent of farming credits in order to better my gameplay by boosting mods or whatever I need credits for (even to buy/sell on the market), and that is fundamentally taken away, I think that should be adjusted.  When this happened once, I was a bit perturbed, but not unduly upset.  However I have now run 9 indexes, just to test, and only in 2 of them have I actually received the credits.  Doing the quick math of losing 7 bundles (including the double), I am out over 3mil credits.  This is enough for anything and everything, including fusing into any primed mod in order to get it to max level.

The intent here is not to whine about something just because I do not like it.  I think that it should absolutely stay, but either be tweaked to allow for the same grace as it was with relics, or somehow otherwise adjusted so it is not an all or nothing deal on those missions.

Any and all feedback welcome, including potential other credit farms!

Relics/mods, only requiem ones at that I believe, were changed to be excluded from theft because it was complete BS to finally get RNG to come up your way, only to have the item needed to defeat the lich stolen by said lich.

Credits are just credits.  Want to stop your lich from stealing your Index winnings?  Drive them off Neptune.  This doesn't even require leveling them up excessively.  Want your credits back?  Kill your lich.

3 hours ago, spaigewah said:

If the game devs changed that the kuva lich cannot steal relics or opened items from relics

To my knowledge DE only intended Requiem Relics to be immune, because you need them to actually kill the Lich. Regular Relics and the Prime Parts within are either fair game, or were intended to be fair game. Thus, stealing your Index rewards is absolutely working as intended, and any inconsistency with Prime Parts is a bug

You killed a larvling then you got a kuva lich. I'd advice at just doing it, I mean even for credit farm, it's not that of a bad deal. The issue with kuva liches is that the speed at wich you get done with it is extremly tied to the player skill(understanding the mechanics, make proper decisions, parkouring) and also powerlevel(the faster things die the faster thralls spawn so the more liches you encounter on average and the faster you get murmurs).

I think you should see that as an opportunity getting better at the game, also consider that you loose less resources than you think going after it than just doing index runs.

Kuva liches is the epitome of what warframe is at its core when it's fair. This is why I particulary enjoyed doing this content, and I am personnally gratefull it was released then patched(because first implementation had few bs elements in it not gonna lie ^^'). However as WF has a metric ton of game as service/mobile-like features, I understand that it losts the interest of a lot of players as well, and I feel almost sorry for them having enjoyed it.

Archived