A question regarding The New War

Darth_Destructus

I have a question regarding The New War. Namely, when the next part of this epic saga will come out. I don't know about you guys but I'm a little bit over the entity I've taken to calling "The Lordis" (a play on words combining The Lotus and Ordis), I want the space mom back in my headset telling me to clean up the infested again and I'm hoping the next chapter can do that for me.

As has been mentioned several times already, the pandemic means DE doesn't have access to their usual facilities (mocap and the like), which TNW needs. They haven't "forgotten" it, they've simply refocused their development toward things that don't require said facilities (Deimos, for instance, doesn't have any new characters that fit a humanoid skeleton, so Motion Capture wouldn't be necessary to animate everything they need for it).

If the vaccine that's recently been developed is a success, we'll probably start seeing progress toward the New War's continuation once DE returns to the office.

8 hours ago, Corvid said:

As has been mentioned several times already, the pandemic means DE doesn't have access to their usual facilities (mocap and the like), which TNW needs. They haven't "forgotten" it, they've simply refocused their development toward things that don't require said facilities (Deimos, for instance, doesn't have any new characters that fit a humanoid skeleton, so Motion Capture wouldn't be necessary to animate everything they need for it).

If the vaccine that's recently been developed is a success, we'll probably start seeing progress toward the New War's continuation once DE returns to the office.

Likely they've also taken time to develop underlying content as well. Railjack has been tied into 2/3 of the existing 'chunks' as it were, and Rising Tide is effectively the final prelude. The 'tide' likely being a play on words as both the 'tide' referring to it being a ship in a dock and the 'tides' of conflict. There's also been some... let's call them rumours regarding much-anticipated Railjack features too. So it wouldn't shock me if they've been working on what they can beneath the surface so all they've got is mocap and voice acting to go before they can get rolling, especially given how sub-par 2020 was. Especially given that announcement regarding Christmas - that they're delaying content to avoid a Railjack 2019 fiasco - my bet is that they've written off 2020 more or less to come out swinging for 2021. At least, in theory.

17 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Likely they've also taken time to develop underlying content as well. Railjack has been tied into 2/3 of the existing 'chunks' as it were, and Rising Tide is effectively the final prelude. The 'tide' likely being a play on words as both the 'tide' referring to it being a ship in a dock and the 'tides' of conflict. There's also been some... let's call them rumours regarding much-anticipated Railjack features too. So it wouldn't shock me if they've been working on what they can beneath the surface so all they've got is mocap and voice acting to go before they can get rolling, especially given how sub-par 2020 was. Especially given that announcement regarding Christmas - that they're delaying content to avoid a Railjack 2019 fiasco - my bet is that they've written off 2020 more or less to come out swinging for 2021. At least, in theory.

At this point, that is probably the most optimistic scenario. Either way, I'm not too fussed so long as it comes out eventually.

My enjoyment of the game isn't really contingent on a single specific update coming out, unlike some people, apparently.

Archived