Tonkor's Precision Strike should be an exilus mod

-Karliah-

Только что, -Karliah- сказал:

the reload speed buff is nice but i wont waste a slot for it, i think every "fast reloading speed" mod should be able to equip in exilus slot

Reload mods being eximus was brought up before. I believe DE's "exilus slot" definition is something among the line "doesn't actually affect combat performance" (no direct increase in power/damage output) with few mods (one or two) kinda escaping that limitation.

Reloading mods are potentially a very direct DPS increase, especially with guns that have very limited magazines sizes. Something like Vectis, Knell or Tigris Prime. For them any reload speed increases is a direct improvement in damage output / minute. Hence why reloading mods were banned from exilus slots. And i doubt they'll ever become one.

Hopefully we'll get +magazine primed mods that give +100 magazine capacity or something. I would love to experiment with that.

21 hours ago, Artekkor said:

I believe DE's "exilus slot" definition is something among the line "doesn't actually affect combat performance"

Except they aren't being consistent with that from my perspective

there's stuff like:

Stability mods - more bullets actually hit targets; well that a pretty direct DPS increase.

Flight Speed - again easier to hit targets = more hits = more DPS

ammo mutations - less time having to fall back to scavenge ammo or drop pancakes = more time shooting = more DPS

Far as I can see, Most Existing Exilus are actually pretty useful for improving combat performance; and the line DE draws is pretty arbitrary.

3 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Stability mods - more bullets actually hit targets; well that a pretty direct DPS increase.

Flight Speed - again easier to hit targets = more hits = more DPS

ammo mutations - less time having to fall back to scavenge ammo or drop pancakes = more time shooting = more DPS

None of these things increases DPS outright though. They increase your accuracy, which makes it easier to APPLY your DPS, but they don't increase your DPS potential, if you get the difference. This is consistent with the new +30% accuracy on hit exilus mods they added with Deimos. In contrast, +AoE radius is NOT an exilus mod, because that DOES increase your damage potential, as a bigger radius lets you hit more enemies and/or suffer less damage falloff. And unlike regular guns with falloff (mainly shotguns), you can't just move closer to offset that advantage. Same with reload speed mods, which the Tonkor is actually one of the best examples of how it'd increase your DPS massively, since your reload speed effectively becomes your fire rate for single shot weapons.

1 hour ago, Redpaws said:

None of these things increases DPS outright though. They increase your accuracy, which makes it easier to APPLY your DPS, but they don't increase your DPS potential, if you get the difference. ...

Well I would suggest that applied DPS is far more important than just the calculated 'DPS potential'. Since that's what actually comes into play when you get the real human behind the keyboard. They're overlooking that and going about it all wrong.

They're excluding mods that on paper increase the Maximum DPS (which as a human I wasn't going to attain anyway, cause human factors), but allowing the ones that increase the Practical DPS.

18 часов назад, (PSN)haphazardlynamed сказал:

Well I would suggest that applied DPS is far more important than just the calculated 'DPS potential'. Since that's what actually comes into play when you get the real human behind the keyboard. They're overlooking that and going about it all wrong.

They're excluding mods that on paper increase the Maximum DPS (which as a human I wasn't going to attain anyway, cause human factors), but allowing the ones that increase the Practical DPS.

I would counter-argue that its usually the combination of calculated + applied that ultimately matters. Skill requirement is often THE way to balance overpowered weapons in many games. Its a common thing to have the "easy to use, but low performance" and "hard to use, outstanding performance" weapons in games.

Like an assault rifle that has 0 recoil, great accuracy but deals low damage, or a rifle that hits hard, but you'll have to learn to control it. So players have a choice wether or not they want to put extra effort for extra performance or go casual. And overwhelming majority of players will choose "easy to use, high performance" option, if its available.

In warframe, for better or worse, we have too much of the latter. Look at any weapon and frame that has even been meta - which of there's been a plenty. Never moved past "press button, nuke room". So calculated DPS for us is far more relevant than applied, period.

Besides, the QoL improvements like accuracy and recoil reduction are situational and mostly affect the effective range of the weapons. Neither accuracy or recoil play any role at close range when you can just insert the barrel into opponent's mouth. And in Warframe - range is not an issue. We can bulletjump across the map in 2 seconds, land right next to a lancer, put tigris against his eyes, shoot, then immediately bullet jump to the other guy 3 floors above and do the same.

Hency, why recoil and accuracy make perfect sense for "QoL improvement" oriented exilus slot - you can kill an enemy from 50 meters 30% faster, while enemies at 5 meters will feel no difference at all. Or large titan-sized bosses.
On the other hand - reloading speed can potentially greatly boost damage output of some weapons at all ranges, and i do mean GREATLY. Tonkor and Tigris Prime are 2 examples i want to point to.

Ideally, it would be a case-by-case basis, so that you could put exilus reloading speed on something like Supra Vandal -  a weapon that shoots for 15 seconds before reloading for 3. But it will be hard to convincingly justify and argue for such double standarts.
So the way we test it right now is: 
"There are 3 Grineer Bombards standing right in front of me: one at 2m, one at 4m, one at 6m. I can only take 2 shots. Will this mod decrease time required to potentially kill any one of them?"
IF [Yes] THEN [Not exilus]
IF [No] THEN [Exilus]

Archived