Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this truly the content we all wanted?

-Trendy-

by the look of my MR you'd think I was a grinder. I'm not, I spend a lot of money because I am wealthy enough to do so and in doing so I support DE which is actually a good thing.

I am quite casual, and thankfully because of how much time work takes from me, I am able to catch up with plat. The problem is that I play this game to pew pew boom boom splat.

Now I know that pew pew boom boom splat sounds not only immature, but pretty low IQ. Honestly wouldn't describe it any other way. I just want to launch Warframe and blow some S#&$ up.

However, there are some really cool things that have come out like Helminth which I'd love the option of having. The only catch is that in grinding for it... i have to fish? and hunt for animals? This is not pew pew boom boom splat. 

Also if i want to hit mr30 anytime in my life I would need to grind these fishing/hunting/archwing missions that are not fun so I can have said weapons.

Does anyone else wish that all the content was just pew pew boom boom splat? 

I don't even like doing eidolon hunts... (but i had to for the standing)

7 minutes ago, -Trendy- said:

by the look of my MR you'd think I was a grinder. I'm not, I spend a lot of money because I am wealthy enough to do so and in doing so I support DE which is actually a good thing.

As long as the game is in "beta", i don't even need to think about spending money on it.

Fish parts can be bought with plat on rotation, IIRC fish can be bought directly from players, hunting tags (on Deimos, maybe for the other worlds as well) can be bought with plat on rotation, mining gems can be bought with plat on rotation, and all mining resources also drop from in-game non-mining sources (Deimos minerals/gems from the void pylons and the Iso vaults, Plains from thumpers, and Orb Valis from Exploiter).

And I'm not quite sure what part of archwing isn't giving you the pew boom splat feel, but try a Grattler, Kuva Ayanga, or Mausulon if you feel it needs more explosives.

13 minutes ago, -Trendy- said:

However, there are some really cool things that have come out like Helminth which I'd love the option of having. The only catch is that in grinding for it... i have to fish? and hunt for animals? This is not pew pew boom boom splat.

i see you aren't a connoisseur of the respectable art of grenade fishing

hqdefault.jpg

I find a lot of content boring, frankly.

Fortuna missions, tony hawking, etc. I rarely go there.

The hunting, I spend more time rando killing wildlife than purposely hunting it. Eventually I'll get there, or find some other game to play. Is Runes of Magic still around?

I like there not being a time line where you HAVE to do everything in order or by a certain level, its casual enough to keep it fun.

Archwing, I could live without that mess.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)OdinsDottir said:

I find a lot of content boring, frankly.

Fortuna missions, tony hawking, etc. I rarely go there.

The hunting, I spend more time rando killing wildlife than purposely hunting it. Eventually I'll get there, or find some other game to play. Is Runes of Magic still around?

I like there not being a time line where you HAVE to do everything in order or by a certain level, its casual enough to keep it fun.

Archwing, I could live without that mess.

They changed archwing a lot and i still hate it. I think one of the more meaningful changes was making everyone have itzual dash. The problem is that now my itzual feels a bit useless. I only got him to move faster around the open worlds because I hate being there so being efficient with my time made it less of a nightmare.

All the open worlds have ways to get the fishing/mining resources through the shoot bang play but you can't target what you get.

You can just buy the tags from Son now but also easy enough to fly around with the tranq rifle out and look for the pulsing targets and hit them with the tranq then fly over and pick them up. 

I ignore content that I don't like. it also happened for years with eidolons, certain bounties ... i maxed everything in the last few months when mech came out and everything became much easier and more interesting. (for me at least) and i play since 2013 with breaks.
You have to support devs too. nothing comes from nothing. i also invested enough money. thanks to trading that wasn't necessary, but devs can't eat air? Office, IT equipment, etc. cannot be materialized from the air ...
also when I compare these devs with other projects (mostly from some garbage can or it all turns out with hands that grow out of the ass) and see how often they bring out HUGE updates ... oh dear ... how you don't want to support them...

i also asked a couple of trolls what better games there are with "kill mobs for loot" idea. I'm still waiting for an answer!

Honestly I'm kind of tired of the "boom boom splat" type content because it has just been various flavors of ESO or Mobile Defense lately.

You either delete everything as fast as possible or fail...or you choose between deleting everything as fast as possible or run Limbo and turn the A.I. off instead in the case of "Mobile Defense" type mission contents.

It's just getting boring having everything be the same slaughterhouse every time.

45 minutes ago, -Trendy- said:

I am quite casual, and thankfully because of how much time work takes from me, I am able to catch up with plat. The problem is that I play this game to pew pew boom boom splat.

Now I know that pew pew boom boom splat sounds not only immature, but pretty low IQ. Honestly wouldn't describe it any other way. I just want to launch Warframe and blow some S#&$ up.

Also if i want to hit mr30 anytime in my life I would need to grind these fishing/hunting/archwing missions that are not fun so I can have said weapons.

Does anyone else wish that all the content was just pew pew boom boom splat? 

I don't even like doing eidolon hunts... (but i had to for the standing)

Everyone plays for their own reasons, if thats your reason then not only is that perfectly fine  but you also owe nobody an explanation either.

With regards to the main issue theres a main problem, they have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Helminth isn't required for "pew pew" gameplay now, or in the future. Its a completely optional feature. If you want it, then yes, you'll have to build it. But Helminth isnt going anywhere either, its here for life. So by playing with your "pew pew" method, it absolutely would take longer to build it, but thats (no pun intended) the price you pay. You'll still be able to "pew pew" through 2021 and beyond without it.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Everyone plays for their own reasons, if thats your reason then not only is that perfectly fine  but you also owe nobody an explanation either.

With regards to the main issue theres a main problem, they have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Helminth isn't required for "pew pew" gameplay now, or in the future. Its a completely optional feature. If you want it, then yes, you'll have to build it. But Helminth isnt going anywhere either, its here for life. So by playing with your "pew pew" method, it absolutely would take longer to build it, but thats (no pun intended) the price you pay. You'll still be able to "pew pew" through 2021 and beyond without it.

That's actually really well said. I guess my complaint would be... can we make boom boom splat resource gathering be on par with fishing/mining? LOL or would that trivialize the resource for the intended content

Don't get me wrong. I love the game. 

I personally don't do much shooting, Melee is 99.987% of my combat. I do missions that I need for resources, or whatever, if I get bored of that I'll mine or do the terralyst hunt, mostly it's dojo building, which a lot more relaxing ( and Postal) than what most games offer. 

Some of the stuff I just ignore if I don't feel like dealing with it at the time, there's plenty of other stuff to keep you motivated. Like way too much standing to buy the food stuffs at Cetus. Come on, I just need one red powder for my Loki statue offering!

So, in 5 hours, when my update is done, I'll probably go do bounties there, on cetus, maybe take one of my awesome low levels and ear  MR points.

12 minutes ago, -Trendy- said:

I dont understand the consequences obviously.

Leftover residue from the explosives goes into the water and water likes to dilute and spread things, fish also swim in it so that diluted residue goes into the fish.

Archived