Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this truly the content we all wanted?

-Trendy-

On 2020-12-09 at 11:20 AM, -Trendy- said:

However, there are some really cool things that have come out like Helminth which I'd love the option of having. The only catch is that in grinding for it... i have to fish? and hunt for animals? This is not pew pew boom boom splat. 

Also if i want to hit mr30 anytime in my life I would need to grind these fishing/hunting/archwing missions that are not fun so I can have said weapons.

GIF by memecandy

Literally you're saying you want to buy everything in game? If you do it fine, you can.

But to say you dont want to play the game because of grind? I think you should have known this is a grind and farming game.

Am 11.12.2020 um 15:25 schrieb Iccotak:

File size & Activision contract. The second game does not make this mistake -  D2 will continue to get expansions for years to come, but content will be cycled throughout a three year cycle in a vault in order to not explode the file size and help manage the bugs.

Where is you evidence to back that claim? Destiny, in the entirety of the franchise, doesn't do mini-games that have completely different gameplay. Literally all activities are shooting and looting - they even stopped Sparrow Racing because it was such a small minority that played it that it wasn't worth investing resources into.

Also the game is hardly on the verge of dying. It has very healthy number at this point and regularly exceeds Warframe numbers in the Top 10 of steam charts

Destiny was my favorite game for years. But sunsetting weapons and content, basically taking away stuff and making you re-grind the content again and again and again just killed the game for me.

On 2020-12-16 at 6:57 AM, Dunkelheit said:

Destiny was my favorite game for years. But sunsetting weapons and content, basically taking away stuff and making you re-grind the content again and again and again just killed the game for me.

Yeah Bungie recognizes that loot screw up ngl, but they're taking steps already to address that issue. Such as bring ing back gear from seasons and hiring more people to make more loot. It still has a solid foundation that it can build on and it's way easier for them to make these course corrections in comparison to Warframe.

I see mining and fishing as similar to games like World of Warcraft, where lots of people I know enjoyed the idea of tradeskilling and doing relaxing activities when they're feeling too drained to actually play the game but want to play the game. Really, I've gone mining in the Orb Vallis when I've been in that kind of state. I think it really just depends on the person, I enjoy some occasional fishing and mining. 

I mean, if you want to flaunt your wealth and whatnot, I'm pretty sure it's technically possible to buy the whole path into getting Helminth.  You can buy tags and fish parts for plat from their respective vendors I think.  Then it's just running bounties, which aside from the arbitrary waiting involved in nearly all Deimos bounties, is all pew-pew-whatever.  Even then, fish parts and mining materials can be gotten from Isovaults, which have their issues but are mostly pew-pew-whatever.  I think the only things MR-wise that you can't just buy your way out of that are also not pew-pew-whatever would be the companions from conservation and K-drives.  

From a non-buying-my-way-through perspective I agree wholeheartedly that mandatory conservation was a garbage decision.  But I think you can pay your way past it.

Archived