Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

☆ PC Tenno Wanna lend a hand before testing vault mechs.

(PSN)Mofojokers

G'day PC Tenno we have now joined you yay!. So far the update is not how i had wish it would of been i mean the arcanes are sooo bad but lol whatever.... design team losing their marbles.

Anyway the new mechs don't work so well with Octavia now... because reasons. Sooo are we back to just smacking them with Stropha?, or do we have any other tricks up the sleeve.

About to begin testing myself just curious to see if any PC tenno have done the leg work already that i am missing.

Thanks

Console Tenno

Just now, (PSN)Mofojokers said:

the arcanes are sooo bad [...] just smacking them with Stropha?

Funny part is they increased some of the number on those Arcanes by 500% and they are still crap. Stropha and Octavia (and probably other stuff) has been nerfed against the mechs, you can still use the Stropha but it is much less effective than before. You'll have to aim for the weak spots like with any other weapon now, and you'll deal no damage for no apparent reason some times.

38 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Funny part is they increased some of the number on those Arcanes by 500% and they are still crap. Stropha and Octavia (and probably other stuff) has been nerfed against the mechs, you can still use the Stropha but it is much less effective than before. You'll have to aim for the weak spots like with any other weapon now, and you'll deal no damage for no apparent reason some times.

I'm sorry did you say 500%? Not a typo?. 

That's crazy but also i don't think stats would fix it. The arcanes go against the flow of the game and your asking people to give up some veeeery powerful arcanes as well.

Little annoyed by the changes to the mechs, is the intention to make them annoying?. A game of hit or miss lol?. 

Hmm I'll try to figure something out that hopefully does what Octavia and the OG Stropha did (speed run).

Thanks heaps for your reply brother. :)

46 minutes ago, (PSN)Mofojokers said:

Anyway the new mechs don't work so well with Octavia now... because reasons. Sooo are we back to just smacking them with Stropha?, or do we have any other tricks up the sleeve.

Octavia still works, but you have to blow the mech's arms off with your guns first. After that, spam Mallet to your heart's content

43 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

You're missing weeks of bugs and reworks...

But yeah, update is kinda meh, some of the new weapons are pretty great, especially the Proboscis Cernos.
The new necramech is trash, and the arcanes are entirely useless.

Yep did notice the arcanes right away, was like uuugh sorry who though this was a good idea at all?. Legit would of guessed maybe a world of warcraft player maaaybe?. But a fast pace game like Warframe and asking them to give up powerful arcanes it was 100% wrong.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Mofojokers said:

Yep did notice the arcanes right away, was like uuugh sorry who though this was a good idea at all?. Legit would of guessed maybe a world of warcraft player maaaybe?. But a fast pace game like Warframe and asking them to give up powerful arcanes it was 100% wrong.

Thing is, people in the Beta server told them as much (me included), but they didn't want to change it with the depth required for the content to be worth it.

6 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

Thing is, people in the Beta server told them as much (me included), but they didn't want to change it with the depth required for the content to be worth it.

It's a very strange or stubborn choice that i hope is not a insight into future problems. Stuff like this isn't content because we cannot use it..... so lol.

15 minutes ago, (PSN)Mofojokers said:

It's a very strange or stubborn choice that i hope is not a insight into future problems. Stuff like this isn't content because we cannot use it..... so lol.

I played around with them a little in the test and I personally felt like they could be worthwhile to use. I noticed significant damage increases from using the right combinations of arcanes with one of the predasites(pharoah I believe for extra toxin damage and tentacles to keep them close to residual effect). I don't think it's entirely off the table for them to be viable. I'm actually looking forward to having majority of them maxed to play around with them more. They also seemed to synergize quite well with the new predasite mod. Keeping the enemies together, increasing your damage to target, with enemies adding damage to the target too and some viral damage to top it off. 

Maybe the problem isn't that they're too weak, it's that the go to arcanes are too strong?

1 hour ago, NecroPed said:

I played around with them a little in the test and I personally felt like they could be worthwhile to use. I noticed significant damage increases from using the right combinations of arcanes with one of the predasites(pharoah I believe for extra toxin damage and tentacles to keep them close to residual effect). I don't think it's entirely off the table for them to be viable. I'm actually looking forward to having majority of them maxed to play around with them more. They also seemed to synergize quite well with the new predasite mod. Keeping the enemies together, increasing your damage to target, with enemies adding damage to the target too and some viral damage to top it off. 

Maybe the problem isn't that they're too weak, it's that the go to arcanes are too strong?

Very possible Necro, maybe the issue is that our current choices are so strong it negates the idea of these types of choices. Because when making new arcanes the question is always " how does this stack up against the current?".

2 hours ago, (PSN)Mofojokers said:

Its not unusual. Developers have their vision, and some times they want to persist on it, if nothing else due to sunk cost fallacy. It would have been better if they had been open to reworking the Arcanes and the bonewidow, since both, at a high level concept (a tank melee mech, and arcanes that synergize between weapon and warframe) are pretty great ideas, the execution of those ideas, was poor.
For the arcanes, there's 2 issues that could easily be solved. The kitgun portion needs to be adjusted to be on par with other kitgun arcanes, and this can be easily done by removing the chance component and make it proc always on kill, like the other kitgun arcanes do. Because these don't waste just one slot, they waste 2 if they're not proccing.
The second would be to add a base effect to the warframe arcanes, one that gets added bonus from the kitgun. For example, give them the same current effects with base non-elemental damage, and then add the elemental effect with the kitguns. It wouldn't make them great, but would make them a bit more compelling to use.

Archived