Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I hate to be the Bad Guy But!

MetaGod-Sunstance

With some of the latest fashions pushing limits towards more of r-rated designs. I steel look the blood soaked armour is graphically the next sept above m-rated.

originally Warframe was considered PG, however somewhere in that an M rating has been achieved. 

Thus new style of combination steel frames and blood soaked armour is the line of r-rated gameplay. it look R-rated it has all the ticked boxes.

Digital extremes needs to reflect on what will be the rating however tis can either create new player or lose payers only they can say what they want for the player base to be.

myself I prefer a rating of PG to M I don't like r-rated games they draw the wrong crowd.

my first game was g rated is was a really good crowd of 8 year olds to 80 years old everyone was nice and the game was fun to learn what multiplayer was .  

i prefer PG because it has a good mix of young and old playing side by side and overall respectful content.

m - rated can collect more toxic players 

so if my opinion means anything I would ask that digital extremes proves itself worthy and makes the right choices toward a future.

Sunstance playing for 7 years.

I'm sorry but I disagree about a games rating bringing in toxic players(There are many possibilities that bring in toxic players and an age rating generally isn't going to be a direct reason for a toxic person to play a game). I also disagree about lowering the age rating. The game ratings as far as I can tell are pretty appropriate for the game that Warframe is. To change the age rating you have to change the game. 

It's also not something that DE necessarily have direct control over. As far as I know the game is presented to a board who classifies the games features to decide on an appropriate age rating. Which also is dependent on the region. Australia has MA15+, Canada 18+, Germany 18, UK 18 and USA M (which I believe is 17+ in USA) if my source was correct. 

And if we change the age rating now, these toxic players (that aren't here because of the age rating but are here for the game which just so happens to fit into those age groups preferred style of games) are still going to be there, still going to come to the game and still do the things they already do. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the game Roblox, but it has an age rating of 10 if I remember correctly. And it's one of the most toxic playerbases I've ever seen (It goes far beyond general toxicity and gets into the exploitation of children which is another topic which should be considered when deciding on an age rating for a game). So if we look at the dark history of Roblox we can see that combining age groups together isn't necessarily a good thing to do. I don't believe Warframe would ever fall down the pathways that Roblox has, but it's something that does need to be considered. Sometimes the best way to keep children safe is to exclude them entirely. 

I also do not think that children should be playing Warframe because of the systems in the game which can be compared to gambling (Rivens, loot drops etc.). And as an extension the game can be quite complex and is not catered towards younger players with less gaming experience and trying to account for this new younger audience could result in less enjoyment from older players. 

And I personally prefer playing with older people. If you like playing with all age groups that's fine, but I feel if the age rating drops too low and promotes a younger audience it will take away from a lot of the aspects of Warframe which just happen to have mature themes and give the game it's deserving age rating. 

Pretty sure Warframe was always rated a firm "M". 

Also I think your claim that an M rating can somehow make the game more toxic is an absurd statement with absolutely no valid evidence offered up to support it and should be disregarded out of hand. There is no need to even argue this, it's just a silly thing to say. 

2 hours ago, sunstance said:

I steel look the blood soaked armour is graphically the next sept above m-rated.

originally Warframe was considered PG, however somewhere in that an M rating has been achieved. 

First What?

Second Warframe has basically always been M due to the blood and gore and is out of DE control, plus it would always have the "online interactions not rated" disclaimer on the game. 

Also what are you on about game rating and toxic player base? You know those ratings are just the suggestion that aren't like a hard enforceable thing as people can just lie about their age when making accounts (gasp I know)

Well... we actually sort of have blood soaked armours already, with the bloodshed sigil (you put it on your Warframe and it looks like they are covered in blood) but I think I get the general idea of your post. I sympathise with your preference, its not my personal preference, for Warframe specifically, mostly because of some of the more complicated mechanics to do with Platinum/Micro transactions than anything. Which I am aware exists in a few games that kids can play... but thats another conversation. 

Then again I also think that people overestimate what 'mature content' is, and how context plays an important role as far as how they should be applied in entertainment and then reflected in restrictions and ratings. Warframe has a lot of murder... but in a fantastical, light, highly exaggerated, clearly fictional way. You know... as in space ninjas blasting clones/robot heads, infested creatures... its not depicting murder in say the context of a real life family in a life like scenario, with say domestic abuse, with emotional and mental realism, consequences to match physical depictions. 

Oh also, kids can be really toxic. A lot of games, regardless of rating can attract toxic personalities, we have to be careful about our own individual personal experiences and whether they reflect everyones experiences and what that should mean. Especially as far as suggestions and implications as to what is better for DE to do/should do. I think generally, people would like the idea of less toxicity, but I am skeptical if that would actually happen as you suggest it might. Not that that discounts your personal experiences, which are valid. Hence my sympathies. Since I also doubt DE is going to go in that direction. 

Archived