Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has the 0.5 Riven Disposition for new weapons actually done anything good?

saghzs

I think the 0.5 starting value is fine. New weapons that are extremely strong already will have its dispo untouched, while weaker weapons will likely see its dispo increasing rapidly with the first two riven dispo changes. But generally, it just means that if you get a riven for a really strong weapon, you know what you're getting, rather than buying a riven for a massively inflated price only to have its dispo heavily nerfed later. Also cuts down the inflated demand as people flock to get the rivens while they're still at 1.0 dispo, even though they know it WILL get nerfed within a month or two.

Personally looking forward to seeing the dispo buff to Zakti Prime down the line!

the .5 starting dispo has definitely hurt the market for Veiled Riven Hoarding

it used to be a thing, that we would hoard Veileds when we knew a new weapon was coming soon

I remember a time when Veileds would go for 30plat+ easily

not so much anymore

The High End Riven market doesn't seem much affected though; big expensive 'god rolls' are still priced sky high.

So really I feel like it's only the 'little guys'* who it's hurting.

*'little guys' -you know, the lvl 8 who got a Veiled out of Sortie but has no need to get into them himself, wants to get a quick 30plat for some slots... that opportunity is gone now.

if you remove that, then devs can't really calculate "dispo". for example i got rivens for both mech weapons. if they get max "dispo" then they are way too good. because even without riven they do more damage than almost primaries.

skill from protea (i think) fill instant ammunition. you can camp around the clock in the corner with it.

Given new weapons with forma are lately as strong as old weapons with forma and rivens it makes sense to disuade people from wanting rivens for them right away. That said i really dislike that older primes havent been given the same treatment as newer ones in that they have different dispositions from the base

Have Rivens actually done anything good?

I never bought the excuse for them which I imagine most have figured it out by now.
Though I couldn't help but laugh when they made Land-Archguns and instantly made Rivens for them.

What was it originally? "Bring new life to old weapons."?  Haha.

Killing exploitative gambling system known as rivens that had created very unhealthy scamy market is good. And that was DEs intention.

Yes. yes in ideal world... but its DE we are talking about, they cant balance anything, so dont even start dreaming of a better way.

Archived