Could Bloodletting PLEASE be changed so that efficiency reduces the COST, rather than increases the energy returned?

Narrrz

Honestly, this is only one of the complaints i have about the ability, but it seems to be a fairly substantial one. Energy return scales with Garuda's max energy, but at max efficiency, it far exceeds said energy maximum, by nearly 50%. It would make a great deal more sense for the energy gain to be fixed, but the health cost to be decreased; even more, the health cost should be of her Current health, rather than her maximum, and the energy gained could simply be equal (or at least, proportional) to the health sacrificed.

If you're using the ability just to activate her passive, well, good news! That works even better this way, too! If you want to take her HP down significantly you can still cast this ability at max energy, and having it remove less than 50% of her HP means that you can better control just how low you want her life to go, rather than your choices being 100%, 50%, and dead-in-one-hit.

Id guess 4 (or more like 2.5) reasons for it:
1. Modifying the hp cost rather than energy return means Efficiency and Duration dump (since for 1-4 combo you really wouldnt need over 50-70% duration) woudlnt have a higher mod cost/wouldnt have 3 free slots (this way it merely assumes the standard of everyone having a potato kid with elevate while being able to cut down the amount of casts needed to get max energy from 3 to 1~2 depending on mods). Essentially a higher risk and less downtime gameloop.
2. Fixed 50% gives guarantee that by double tapping it you get passive maxxed out.
3. Garuda in general feels very QT-Flow or augment pseudo invul oriented (tho this might just be part of point 2 to get the most out of her passive)
4. And the most notable one, its probably coded as a pseudo rage effect/negative energy cost ability that deals 50% max hp nonlethal damage/health removal to self with energy-damage scaling; not that im above 50-50 on this being the case, but it feels like a shortcut in terms of coding one might take.

That and I wish her First Ability's Shield Gain would Scale with something.... Why ? 

Because:

6 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

Garuda in general feels very QT-Flow or augment pseudo invul oriented

Quick Thinking is still Useless if I'm not mistaken... So having a Shield Based Garuda would be fun....

On 2020-12-10 at 8:05 AM, Lutesque said:

That and I wish her First Ability's Shield Gain would Scale with something.... Why ? 

Because:

Quick Thinking is still Useless if I'm not mistaken... So having a Shield Based Garuda would be fun....

I solely run a QT-Primed Flow Garuda built around her passive. Quick thinking is by no means useless. The stagger was removed about a year ago as well.

8 hours ago, z3us32610 said:

I solely run a QT-Primed Flow Garuda built around her passive. Quick thinking is by no means useless. The stagger was removed about a year ago as well.

Me too... In fact my Garuda has R5 Arcane Grace and Hunter Adrenaline too... 

It's good enough to get her through a Sortie but the survival consistency lowers if you go further.

I don't know about the Quick Thinking Stagger (this is news to me) but the Drain Rate on Quick Thinking is far too excessive to be useful. I don't even run Quick Thinking on my Loki anymore.... Better to use that Slot on something that would prevent me from getting Shot in the first place.

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Me too... In fact my Garuda has R5 Arcane Grace and Hunter Adrenaline too... 

It's good enough to get her through a Sortie but the survival consistency lowers if you go further.

I don't know about the Quick Thinking Stagger (this is news to me) but the Drain Rate on Quick Thinking is far too excessive to be useful. I don't even run Quick Thinking on my Loki anymore.... Better to use that Slot on something that would prevent me from getting Shot in the first place.

Trip. Always neat to hear how other people play her. I always have an Arcane Guardian r5 and recently added Health Conversion because Ancient Disruptors were one-shotting me once they hit level 100ish. But I avoid all types of healing because I play her exclusively at 2 health. It's very risky as you say, but fun as well. 

Initially I had Hunter Adrenaline in my build (as well as Umbral Vitality) but I took them out since I rarely play her above 2 health.

Having armor seriously reduces the energy drain on Quick Thinking so to combat those damn Ancients I've slotted Health Conversion. With the Panzer Vulpaphyla and the Synth mod set there's usually enough health orbs to keep several of the red health conversion character orbiting doohickeys. That's a combined 2250 armor boost potential, which really makes her much more "tanky." I've gotten really used to playing her like that and only really get downed when I'm not paying attention (or those damn Disruptors gang up on me lol).

On 2020-12-13 at 10:31 AM, z3us32610 said:

Just a Garuda mains opinion: no thank you.

I will second that. The increased energy means you get close to 50% with just streamline. I do not want to be stuck in a situation where I have to use corrupted mod and maybe streamline with it, for lost hp that will be very quickly healed.

The only skill I have issue with is skill 4. It takes won’t even take a sec more to kill enemies in melee, so why bother with spending 2 secs in a cast that also slows you down?

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

The What ?

Does that give Armor... ?

Panzer kitty spreads non-scaling smol saryn orbs.
Those orbs count as companion damage.
Companion damage gives 25% chance to drop health orb on kill due to Synth mod.
Health orbs in turn give armor with Health Conversion mod up to 1350 (flat) bonus armor.

3 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

Health orbs in turn give armor with Health Conversion mod up to 1350 (flat) bonus armor.

*Begins sweating*

Shh!... You're on to something big and unrelated to the original topic... A way to stack ridiculous amounts of energy... Energy so high and so often it renders energy cost meaningless...

2 hours ago, SpringRocker said:

*Begins sweating*

Shh!... You're on to something big and unrelated to the original topic... A way to stack ridiculous amounts of energy... Energy so high and so often it renders energy cost meaningless...

Nekros has been doing something far stronger than this for years and the only reason why it wasnt buffed to persist through AW in open world maps and refresh stacks if you took damage once you pick up a new hp orb is because its too much work for something only nekros was able to keep consistent (according to pablo). And i believe even the wiki states stacks aint lost if your hp stats equal to before and after the damage/it counts damage to "health" quite literally.
Also its not like you can actually afk or anything in any of the cases as they both require manual/player kills (since like saryn orbs kitty spores dont spread if they kill the unit).
If im not mistaken in one of the old devstreams chats the hp orb chance on oberon ulti even exists for a similar (loopy) reason.

I mean by all accounts DE would nerf Inaros' health pool or adaptation (or energy siphon for garugura and hildy) sooner than anything in this.

17 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

Panzer kitty spreads non-scaling smol saryn orbs.
Those orbs count as companion damage.
Companion damage gives 25% chance to drop health orb on kill due to Synth mod.

Aaaaah I see.... New Synergy sounds like it's more effective than Swipe.

13 hours ago, SpringRocker said:

*Begins sweating*

You mean Equilibrium ?

11 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

Nekros has been doing something far stronger than this for years

Nezha can do this too...

Also the previous Health Conversion Synergy was using a Dentinal instead of a Kitty... Then modding that Dentinal with Either Punch Through or AoE weapons to trigger Synth Deconstruct....

But you know how it is with Companions... Everyone's results won't be the same.

With how fast her Blood Alter can heal with them stacked up to 2 - 3x and how much she spam her Abilities at higher levels, gaining more % maximum Energy returned helps her more than just her Abilities being cheaper to use unless you got rid of her 2 for a non Healing Ability from Helminth. Although Blood Alter healing the Ancient Healer Specter do make her more passive to play.

Archived