Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The fact that console is missing out on an Umbra Forma because you set us on the same store rotation as PC is some straight garbage.

(XBOX)TehChubbyDugan

Title.  I want my Umbra forma.

And because I can already hear it:  "You had longer to farm SE than PC did!"

PC got SP first, we had it last, and we're going to be stuck with the version of Arcana that we have long after they fix all the things I'm sure are wrong with it, so it's a wash.  We should still have been given the same opportunity to get the Umbra Forma that PC did.  You can't make something this rare and then screw people out of it.

il y a 29 minutes, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan a dit :

Title.  I want my Umbra forma.

And because I can already hear it:  "You had longer to farm SE than PC did!"

PC got SP first, we had it last, and we're going to be stuck with the version of Arcana that we have long after they fix all the things I'm sure are wrong with it, so it's a wash.  We should still have been given the same opportunity to get the Umbra Forma that PC did.  You can't make something this rare and then screw people out of it.

no i think the main reason for the same rotation is...to be on the same rotation and don't make another baro kiteer kind of desynchronization between platforms.

that being said , on switch it's a bundle of forma (X3) for 75 essence.

il y a 27 minutes, (XBOX)R3d P01nt a dit :

Don't know what you're on about.  I visited Tenshin this morning and he had Umbral Forma for me.

Are you sure it's not regular umbra but X3 ?

31 minutes ago, (XBOX)R3d P01nt said:

Don't know what you're on about.  I visited Tenshin this morning and he had Umbral Forma for me.

Unless they hotfixed it sometime today or you're bugged (or the different people complaining about this are all bugged) then we do not have umbra forma.  We have stance forma and we have x3 regular forma.  Take a SS if you're going to be hostile about being wrong.

16 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

Problem: Consoles missed out on a lot of stuff since the game was out on PC first. They also miss out on a lot of bugs we PC users get to experience and root out for them.

Solution: Delete all console versions so all players can be on the same page.

This. Console players are mostly ungrateful. I still remember Console players went full meltdown because they can't handle the launch day bugs when Deimos launched. It's the norm for PC here.

2 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

I still remember Console players went full meltdown because they can't handle the launch day bugs when Deimos launched. It's the norm for PC here.

Its more so because you get stuck with whatever for the next month or two on console, while on PC you can expect a fix to happen in a couple weeks.
So you have some gamebreaking bug? Tough luck, you get to deal with it for the next month.
Mechs get changed? You won't get it for 2 months

8 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Console players are mostly ungrateful.

I have never seen a community where the PC portion of it is so ridiculously high and mighty.  You really think you're something special because DE can't playtest their own game so they make PC players the bug testers and cert normally prevents consoles from dealing with it.  The thing is, not only should none of us be doing this and you're being pompous and arrogant over working for free, but when we get the "day one bugs that you always have to deal with" we normally have to deal with them twice as long as you.  We were stuck with Release day Railjack for months.  Miss me with that high horse BS.

Also, for the hundredth time, I called PC players coming in to "console mad because PC better hurr".  You guys are so predictable.

On 2020-12-10 at 4:51 PM, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Its more so because you get stuck with whatever for the next month or two on console, while on PC you can expect a fix to happen in a couple weeks.
So you have some gamebreaking bug? Tough luck, you get to deal with it for the next month.
Mechs get changed? You won't get it for 2 months

The trade offs are PC get faster updates because there's no ecosystem gatekeeper and the trickier to see bugs that go along with that on top of being able to upgrade our systems whenever we want and having out accounts not be tied down. Consoles (usually) have less bugs to deal with and don't have to wait on updates to download as often.

Personally I don't get why people would play on consoles with all of the caveats that entails and more ways to 'lose' ones account due to a generation change, older console dying, or whatever console deciding they don't want to handle server traffic for the game anymore. However there are people enjoying the game on consoles and that's great for them.

I was being a bit sarcastic with my comment, but the OP wants to be treated equal like PC players, but also wants special treatment because a schedule was changed to try and line things up better between the PC and console ecosystems that is in pursuit of a bit more parity.

I can't think of posts from the OP that I've seen which weren't complaining and I wonder why they even play the game as it seems they aren't having any fun.

Il y a 4 heures, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan a dit :

I want the same goddamn thing you got.  An opportunity to get an Umbra Forma after the update dropped.  That's not special treatment, that IS equal treatment.  We're getting shafted so the devs can be lazy.  Again.

as long as there's desynchronized update "equal" is rather impossible.
And, even if De were to allow umbra now , other people will complain that they have to wait more than pc for the next umbra cycle.

in the long run it's best to keep things synchronized.
Otherwise once again it will be like baro'kiteer with a long 6 week (i think) delay between the pc cycle and console cycle.
in my case i don't think it's about lazy or not , it's simply to make it so that everything , in the end , will be on the same cycle and it's probably better this way.

Just wait and gather some steel essence until then. and , to use your own words, have some "goddamn" patience as the end result will be the same, you'll get your umbra forma eitherway.

7 hours ago, (NSW)Gamma83 said:

people will complain that they have to wait more than pc for the next umbra cycle.

No?  What kind of BS argument are you even attempting there?  No one would have been mad if they hard started us on Umbra and given us the same rotation.  No one would be mad if they just swapped the weeks so that we got Umbra Forma next week since we got 3x Forma this week, and then just give us whatever PC has for week 3 and desync us like we should have been, because you can't just lock something like this away, give some people an opportunity for it and not everyone.  Especially when the only reason they have for doing so is they're being #*!%ing lazy.

On 2020-12-10 at 4:58 PM, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Unless they hotfixed it sometime today or you're bugged (or the different people complaining about this are all bugged) then we do not have umbra forma.  We have stance forma and we have x3 regular forma.  Take a SS if you're going to be hostile about being wrong.

Yeah, I have 8 Umbral Formas now, so I got Umbral Forma from Tenshin (can't screenshot because I had already bought it).  I think it was just a bug that I happened to be the beneficiary of.  No need to get mad.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)DidacoJack said:

Yeah, sure. 

Believe me or not, doesn't bother me.  Just explaining my confusion at the OP's post complaining that Tenshin didn't have Umbral Forma.  I don't have any more regular forma than I had before buying it.  But, whatever.  Good luck with your drops.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)R3d P01nt said:

Believe me or not, doesn't bother me.  Just explaining my confusion at the OP's post complaining that Tenshin didn't have Umbral Forma.  I don't have any more regular forma than I had before buying it.  But, whatever.  Good luck with your drops.

I'm sorry for being rude, it wasn' t to meant to offend you, rather an ironic post to drive me off the need to reply to some of the delusional pc elitist that have posted here.

It's just that your post reminded me of school times, and my usual replies to other kids bragging about things they couldn't prove to have. 

2 minutes ago, (PSN)DidacoJack said:

I'm sorry for being rude, it wasn' t to meant to offend you, rather an ironic post to drive me off the need to reply to some of the delusional pc elitist that have posted here.

It's just that your post reminded me of school times, and my usual replies to other kids bragging about things they couldn't prove to have. 

Understood and I can see how it might look like I'm trolling.  The item in the shop said it was 3x Umbra Forma and it cost 75 steel essence.  It only cost me that much, but I ended up getting only the Umbra Forma BP - was surprised to find one in my foundry.  I'm pretty sure I was just lucky with that bug.  If DE wants to change it to 3x forma, I'd be OK with that.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)R3d P01nt said:

The item in the shop said it was 3x Umbra Forma and it cost 75 steel essence.  It only cost me that much, but I ended up getting only the Umbra Forma BP - was surprised to find one in my foundry.

There isn't a "3 Umbra forma" item in Teshin's shop (although I really wish there was!). I suspect you just misread it, and it actually was a "3 standard forma" pack (which is an item in the shop, costing 75SE, on rotation last week). The Umbra forma blueprint must have been from an alert a few months ago.

It is possible that the text for that pack is bugged out on XBOX (at least on the Switch, a lot of UI labels seem to be getting broken with every update). But I would have expected to hear about it by now if that were the case.

12 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

There isn't a "3 Umbra forma" item in Teshin's shop (although I really wish there was!). I suspect you just misread it, and it actually was a "3 standard forma" pack (which is an item in the shop, costing 75SE, on rotation last week). The Umbra forma blueprint must have been from an alert a few months ago.

It is possible that the text for that pack is bugged out on XBOX (at least on the Switch, a lot of UI labels seem to be getting broken with every update). But I would have expected to hear about it by now if that were the case.

Yes, it's possible I misread it - I fully concede that may be the case.

Did a search to see if there were any alerts for Umbral BPs below (didn't find any):  https://twitter.com/WFAlertsXbox

Il y a 1 heure, (XBOX)R3d P01nt a dit :

Yes, it's possible I misread it - I fully concede that may be the case.

Did a search to see if there were any alerts for Umbral BPs below (didn't find any):  https://twitter.com/WFAlertsXbox

there was.
i took part in two of them personally if i remember right.
it was usually rather than a regular alert, a gift of lotus that was right after tennocon / after an important stream.
but eitherway i can vouch that it was a thing though i didn't write down any date for it xD

7 hours ago, (XBOX)R3d P01nt said:

Yeah, I have 8 Umbral Formas now, so I got Umbral Forma from Tenshin (can't screenshot because I had already bought it).  I think it was just a bug that I happened to be the beneficiary of.  No need to get mad.

Or you're full of it.  I'm going to go with that, because you're the only one saying that you had access to a store rotation that had it in there.  And you have zero proof that you were able to buy it.  

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Or you're full of it.  I'm going to go with that, because you're the only one saying that you had access to a store rotation that had it in there.  And you have zero proof that you were able to buy it.  

Whether I'm full of it or not, there's no reason to be so angry about getting 3x forma instead of an Umbral forma.  Like I said, I think I got an umbral forma BP, and I'm pretty certain I didn't get 3x forma.  If the game bugged and I didn't get anything for my steel essence...oh well.  If DE went into my account and saw that I got the wrong thing and fixed it, I'd be fine with that too.  There's no need for angry rants and all this.  That Umbral forma will come every 8 weeks.  Shrug.  I say move on and get it when it becomes available.  Being angry and ranting at DE isn't going to help.

On 2020-12-11 at 5:58 AM, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

I have never seen a community where the PC portion of it is so ridiculously high and mighty.  

I have.

In a matter of act, most games will always focus more on its original release platform.

Videogame's history are filled with games that works fine on some platform, but so bad in others. Remember arkham knight disaster on pc? Ps players adore the game. Or bayonetta on ps3? Xbox 360 players love that game. The most recent is gotta be cyberpunk 2077 on basic ps4 and xbox1. If you're a gamer you must've heard at least about the cyberpunk one.

And they took YEARS to fix those games. Some games doesn't even got fixed. Just be thankful that DE actually still care about consoles. If this is EA or Activision they might just gonna cut their losses and forget about console players.

Moral of the story: if you're fortunate enough to have multiple gaming platforms, always go with the main/launch platform for every games. That will be the one that the devs focus on the most.

But if you aren't. Patience. This is how the industry has always works. And how it will for a  long time. And warframe isn't going to be The One that revolutionize how mankind play videogames once and for all.

Archived