Deimos: Arcana: Hotfix 29.5.7

[DE]Megan

Hi All,

For me this latest update makes the game unplayable graphics hang constantly. 

Before running at 144hz fullscreen at 2560x1440 in the menu the game freezes for a moment every second.

cant even click on a button easily ...

any ideas ?

running on PC ofcourse ;)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Narrrz said:

Also, in Orb vallis, the containers could respawn when you moved away from where they were located. This isn't true of Deimos, afaict, and i don't think PoE either - I'm just wondering which is the intended behaviour?

An excellent question! Personally I prefer the respawning containers

• Like 4

After a host migration on deimos, i did 2 arcana bounties. i had no reward for each stage. (it displayed the reward board, but with nothing in it.)

I thought it might just be a visaul bug, but after returning to necralisk, i had nothing (nothing more than what i got doing vaults with the squad before the host migration

EDIT : Oh and I DID lose XP on my necra ....

Edited by Ryukha

2 hours ago, psflip said:

Make the Orvius full charge throw do the hover trick not just the half charge. 

No. That would completely make the base glaive changes redundant. Literally just start charging and let go and it works fine. I prefer to be able to choose between using either the hover, or standard behavior.

24 minutes ago, Burning_Raven said:

Hi All,

Before running at 144hz fullscreen at 2560x1440 in the menu the game freezes for a moment every second.

any ideas ?

If you started to using DX12, that's why.

The changes to Bonewidow all look good. I tested a few of the melee mods, and at least in the Arsenal equipping them does change the stats on Ironbride. It does really reemphasize why Furor even exists, considering how little attack speed it brings to Archmelee, especially since we can now get MUCH more speed to Ironbride by using Necramech Fury.

One rather important bug that I don't see mentioned in the fixes: does Ironbride still drain 25 energy per swing, or was this fixed too?

One bug that I can confirm still exists: switching Necramechs in Arsenal will keep the old one's exalted weapon (eg: switching from Voidrig to Bonewidow, I now see a Bonewidow with an Arquebex) until you click somewhere else (like "Upgrade" on something, or on one of the other Arsenal tabs and back), at which point it'll update to the proper exalted. This is not just cosmetic: trying to "Upgrade" the exalted weapon on the wrong mech (easy to accidentally do if you don't notice the bug) will wipe your mod config on this weapon, and force you to reapply all your mods, after having to go through all the clicking to get the right necramech/weapon combo back.

Super happy to see that we'll be able to use Necramechs in missions soon!

It would be greatly appreciated if we could use our Warframe buffs on our Necramechs (Like Wisp's Motes, Octavia's Jams, Harrow's Thurible, etc)
Without buffs, our Necramechs will never be as strong as our Warframes. I feel this is counter intuitive as the Necramechs are supposed to be immensely powerful tanks of war.

46 minutes ago, Burning_Raven said:

Hi All,

any ideas ?

it's because of high resolution probably, i made it lower, like 1280x768 and it was helped, but it is not remove all lags

P.S. make it borderless fullscreen, it helps

Edited by Aikonce
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Necramech Melee Mods (Pressure Point, Fury, Reach) now apply to Exalted Ironbride. 

• Renamed Bonewidow’s Shield Maiden ‘Shield Bash’ to ‘Maiden’s Kiss’.

• Reduced Bonewidow’s Maiden’s Kiss to cost 15 Energy.  

• Bonewidow’s Meathook thrown enemies now have 100% Status Chance.

• Bonewidow’s Meathook now drains a percent of the target's max Health vs flat damage. When the target is thrown the Damage dealt is a percentage of the target's current Health.

• Both of these changes help to scale Meathook with varying enemy levels.

• NM mods affecting Iron Bride makes every hit more energy reliant - check
  • reducing Maiden's Kiss Energy draining feature - check
  • making Meathook usage worth the energy it costs - check

Thanks for this hotfix! Hopefully this changes will be enough to solve the energy hungry Bone Widow. Will be testing once a certain punk from the future loses its grip on me 😆

Edited by Alpha_Tango

Fixed Ayatan Amber Stars dropping far less frequently than before Deimos Arcana.

This is fixed?  In the tirst three hours of the Hotfix Drop, I'm seeing less Cyan Stars than a usual map scour (usually averages 3 - 7) and no Amber Stars still.  (In order, Mars, Ceres and Saturn).  

43zM0GB.jpg

Will continue to test tomorrow to see if it's taking time for the Reward Server to catch up.  

--- 10.12.2020 @ 1955 CST

unknown.png

I can confirm that it seems to be working according to spec, but it raises a question on how a peer-to-peer game with a centralized login and reward server farm is taking more than 4 hours for a hotfix to completely be Initiated.  In a client-server environment and even a cross-platform environment with organized updates and restart; it shouldn't be taking more than an hour for a sever-farm of 400 to catch up.  

Edited by MBaldelli
addendum to the open issues on Ayatan Stars.

thanks for the fix, I've spotted one thing I don't know if its on wukong or just defy on other frames; but if you get ragdolled while in the first part of the ability the cloud vfx will permanently stay.  it might also effect move speed but I don't know.

I imagined that this was a problem, but it is a "solution" for users of controllers. So DE why does this affect the keyboard and mouse? And wouldn't it be better to add an option in the settings to choose whether we want to use the Necramech propeller as it was before or as it is now?

The changes to Bonewidow are great, but some more are still very much needed. Meathook should still be made usable while Shield Maiden is active somehow, such as impaling the enemy upon Ironbride itself when its used so that way Meathook can be used with the opposite arm and allow the usage of Shield Maiden at the same time. It also needs to be made clear in game how much of a melee damage increase Meathook grants, preferably as a UI icon or in the Abilities tab under Meathook's description. Ironbride's base damage and status chance still need buffing as they still doesn't compete with Arquebex at all currently. Ironbride's base damage should be be at least 3000-5000 at rank 3 and should have the same base status chance as Arquebex so its capable of achieving 100% status. It also still lacks the innate base Blast and Heat damage that its supposed to have according to the ability screen, unless this is a bug. I really don't know why the Maiden's Kiss costs energy at all. Just seems unnecessary. On a side note, Voidrig's Storm Shroud should also scale with Armor mods like Shield Maiden does.

Edited by DawnoftheWhiteFury

Bonewidow Changes & Fixes:

On today’s menu we have a hearty serving of Bonewidow changes & fixes. Let’s breakdown the nutritional facts here: Arquebex is a very high damage weapon for Voidrig, as it makes sense for his damage output kit. Bonewidow is our Melee Necramech more focused on survivability and endurance. Exalted Ironbride is not going to match 1:1 with Arquebex, but that doesn’t mean Ironbride (or the rest of her kit) should be overshadowed. The below aim to address common Community feedback to provide Bonewidow that extra dash of spice.

• Necramech Melee Mods (Pressure Point, Fury, Reach) now apply to Exalted Ironbride. 

• Renamed Bonewidow’s Shield Maiden ‘Shield Bash’ to ‘Maiden’s Kiss’.

• Reduced Bonewidow’s Maiden’s Kiss to cost 15 Energy.  

• Bonewidow’s Meathook thrown enemies now have 100% Status Chance.

• Bonewidow’s Meathook now drains a percent of the target's max Health vs flat damage. When the target is thrown the Damage dealt is a percentage of the target's current Health.

• Both of these changes help to scale Meathook with varying enemy levels.

• Bonewidow Necramech can now reflect damage while blocking with Shield Maiden (this is exclusive to the player’s version of Bonewidow).

• Bonewidow will now absorb enemy attacks for a few seconds after activating Shield Maiden, and the absorbed damage will be added to the shield’s Health.

• Enemy Bonewidow Shield Maiden now has a limited amount of Health and can be destroyed.

• Enemy Bonewidow will no longer reattach her arm while wielding Exalted Ironbride. One thing at a time! 

• Removed Ammo UI when Bonewidow is wielding Ironbride. 

• Fixed a crash when using Bonewidow’s Meathook on a Deimos Mitosid.

• Fixed Bonewidow’s Shield Maiden not deactivating upon Transferring out/back in. This resulted in your shield being on your chest (not active). However, when you pressed Melee you would do Maiden’s Kiss, and it would cost Energy, instead of the normal Necramech unarmed attack.

• Fixed Bonewidow visual-only "Ability Use Prevented" problem after toggling Shield Maiden and Ironbride off.

• Fixed enemy Bonewidows not knowing how to initiate a Maiden’s Kiss. Pucker up! 

• Fixed enemy Bonewidows sometimes using incorrect idle animations that would cause their shield to look unequipped when it should be and/or their sword to be held incorrectly.

• Fixed enemy Bonewidows periodically playing the Shield Maiden unequip animation during a Melee attack combo.

• Fixed Bonewidow’s Shield Maiden not deactivating after redeploying/Transferring in and out but still bashing with Shield instead of normal Melee. This also fixes a related issue where Ironbride would only execute the first attack in its combo chain instead of the full loop. 

• Fixed an issue with Bonewidow’s Shield Maiden blocking bounds becoming very small when attacked. This was causing Bonewidow to take damage instead of the shield.

• Fixed Bonewidow’s Meathook not properly skewering the target if done by a Client player. Previously the ragdoll would appear to float around.

• Fixed enemies held by Bonewidow’s Meathook able to cast abilities.

• Fixed Bonewidow’s Meathook not displaying "Not Enough Energy" UI message.

• Fixed enemies on Bonewidows Meathook teleporting to their last known spot instead of just being dropped when activating Shield Maiden at the same time. 

Voidrig Changes & Fixes:

• Doubled the enemy Voidrig recovery animation time to allow a longer opportunity window to shoot the weak spots.

• Fixed Voidrig Necraweb ability “Press to throw” tool-tip remaining on screen after Transferring out.

• Fixed Voidrig Necraweb canister floating in the air and tool-tip lingering if the canister isn’t tossed within a minute.

General Necramech Changes & Fixes:

• Firing your gun while Hovering as a Necramech is now considered to be in an “Aiming” state, meaning Mods like Critical Focus and Marked Target will apply again. 

• Fixed (again) Client Necramechs losing gained Affinity if the Host migrated.

• We had this originally fixed but then it regressed with Hotfix 29.5.6 - our apologies. 

• Enemy Necramechs (Voidrig & Bonewidow) will now rotate its body to indicate that it is about to slide towards you. 

• Adjusted Necramechs desired spacing between players to avoid sometimes standing right on top of you.

• Fixed Operator appearing invisible and floating after exiting your Necramech as Operator for the second time as a Client. 

• Fixed cases where both Voidrig and Bonewidow wouldn’t attack with its currently equipped weapon.

• Fixed Warframe stats displaying incorrect values in the Arsenal when equipping a Necramech.

• Fixed Necramech weapon getting stuck continuously firing after dashing while shooting.

So...good for most of this.  Fixing the ayatan stars is a bit late...but whatever.  The furthering Bonewidow improvements are also nice.

Now, let's talk about goals and objectives.  Voidrig is not magic.  We don't want the 4 between the two to compare.  What we want is the two different mechs to compete.  Let me put this into perspective.  Valkyr is absolutely garbage if you stay back from the action, and shoot at enemies.  On the other hand, if you run into the fray with something like an Octavia you'll rapidly be pulped.  Now, the two of them have absolutely separate goals and powers to mitigate their weaknesses.  Mechs should be a mirror image of this.

Let me explain one more time that I never asked for Ironbride to deal damage like the howitzer blasts.  What I asked is for both of the mechs to be equally usable.  

Let's explore.  Bonewidow is a melee user, right?  Well, if so you really should be in closer proximity to enemies.  This is basic logic, and melee range is limited.  Now, mechs themselves are much higher in the HP/Armor/Shields department, but sacrifice their much larger hitbox and speed.  So, how do we make a mech survivable?  Well, let's use that energy and truly separate the mechs.

So, use what you already have with Raknoids.  Give Bonewidow a way to overcome the speed, by using energy to leap.  Replace the firing line mistake, because it's trying to compensate for mobility issues by forcing enemies into a reaction box, instead of allowing for players to define the mobility.  Now that the mobility issue is resolved, we have to ask why people don't like Ironbride.

Well....the simple answer is archmelee was balanced entirely differently from normal melee.  Being blunt, it sucks.  No scaling damage.  No powerful mods that change the formula.  No auto-magnetic action, to compensate for the melee on the ground being against enemies that can simply walk out of the way.  This is the frustration, because normal melee can be base*x, while the archmelee is base+x.  Multiplicative bonuses reward interaction, and archwing was never designed to function like regular combat.

How do I fix it?

Well....based upon Itzal you think a tethering cord to suck enemies in like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat is a good idea.  If you don't want to do a leap allow us to shoot out cords and suck in the nearest 4 enemies.  Have them temporarily hit with an electric proc to stun them, and you've now got the ability to use the melee option on your terms.

Now, let's not touch the damage of Ironbride.  How do we make it work?  Well, low energy drain, and either a Doom like explosion of resources or built-in vampiric return.  Yes, that's a relatively poor damage potential, but between the meathook and sword swings you've got huge HP rewards for aggressive melee combat.  The violence will need to be kept up to get health, and to get energy orbs.  

Hopefully it's clear now, and we don't have to destroy another strawman.  I like Voidrig having an enemy evaporating gun.  That said, Bonewidow doesn't need the Reaper's scythe.  Bonewidow needs a means to sustain, and be better than a crappier version of Voidrig because the archmelee mods are terrible.  It would literally require a copy paste job of the Lifestrike mod effects, and a slight modification to the Arch Line ability.  

• Like 2

I am going to be as concise as possible since I know most of my posts are long. Let me just say that I am pretty sure the only reasons why people still care about Necramechs in normal missions is due to:
1. You guys said it would happen and it is looking to be like the Railjack stuff where it is simply not going to be a thing till 10months to 2 years later that variation gets added.
2. It is faster to level a Necramech someplace else that isn't open world.
Now there may be more reasons but in reality those are the core reasons. Pushing for this alert mission to have necramechs in regular missions I just see as a disaster. I have no hopes what so ever for this up coming alert and frankly I do not care for the alert unless it's for something extremely rare, interesting, and actually useful. I am not talking about an enhancement core since people save those as like flex items, I am talking about 2 umbral forma or something like 300 Amber stars but it has to fill the quotas of being rare, interesting, and actually useful. Why? Well we have waited long enough for this to happen and I can't honestly say many people are happy about it. So many of these changes should have been done week 1 of Bonewidow's release and others I can only shake my head. Firing Line is a garbage ability, the Iron Bride or what ever the sword is called will never compare to Voidrig. Why did you feel the need to change the name of one of her abilities? I have no clue. I am not sure where the focus is even.

This is my expectation for this upcoming alert; everything is going to be dropped for this alert to put Necramechs in normal missions. As the devs said a while ago, the terrain of the mission such as door ways and such would be the natural obstacles of the Necramech. I foresee too many added restrictions for no good reason other than to "balance" Necramech usage in missions. Ontop of this, I expect a mountain of bugs to the point where I am going to be losing affinity again in the millions because that is the story of Necramechs. I get tons of affinity and then lose it all and then ever ounce of care to touch a new feature just goes out the window. I expect bugs, the sort that destroy the experience. 

Now this is just a prediction and the reason why this worries me is we have many other issues. I am specifically talking about the reworks to warframes and 2 broken frames. As far as I could read in the changes, nothing was done to fix Khora or Xaku and Xaku to begin with is interesting on paper but not at all that great in execution. khora on the other hand went from a pretty good place to something I would rather not touch. The changes to the warframes you made: Chroma, Zephyr, Nidus, Atlas, and Nekros, did not do anything. Let me repeat myself, the changes did not do anything. The only change I saw that was useful was fashion frame from chroma, thats literally it. You gave him the ability for better fashion framing. Nidus's change was a quality of life but still not enough to really make a big impact on the Nidus's overall capabilities. Basically you gave a gold star to nidus that says, "You tried to do crowd control" as a any other dps warframe comes in and takes the spotlight. The change for Nekros did nothing, Zephyr is still useless, literally nothing was done for Atlas. A bad ability was buffed to do nothing. 

Seeing random changes like the name change of Shield Bash to Maiden's Kiss, or the sound changes to Helminth abilities, I see those as icing on the cake but we havent even finished the cake so to speak. I get it, not everything will be of the same power, but viability and playability is more necessary right now and we don't have either of those. I skipped over Theorem arcanes for a reason. If you are that curious about that reason, I'll sum it up for you. They are horrible arcanes and they pollute the loot table. Honestly, not impressed at all. Fixing reoccurring bugs that you said you "fixed". I am exhausted. Happy Holidays people.

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Arquebex is a very high damage weapon for Voidrig [...] Exalted Ironbride is not going to match 1:1 with Arquebex

I mean, yes, Ironbride should exceed Arquebex if you want anybody to actually use it. It's melee, which feels terrible to play with the slow and clunky mech, and it deals far less damage by design? What's the upside supposed to be?

• Like 1