Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos: Arcana: Hotfix 29.5.7

[DE]Megan

14 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Have you tried Ironbride with the changes in this update?

Being able to use the Necramech Fury, Pressure Point and Reach mods actually benefit Ironbride significantly. DE really pulled it together with this and made Ironbride pretty useful. It isn't hard to get it to 7m range and with only Necramech Fury the delay is tuned to just the right spot IMO.

Word. Voidrig it's still stronger, but Bonewidow feels pretty good honestly, hit hard, more fast, more reliable energy consumption, nice cc, god tier health regen for minimal energy... Very fun to play.

Il y a 14 heures, [DE]Megan a dit :

Firing your gun while Hovering as a Necramech is now considered to be in an “Aiming” state, meaning Mods like Critical Focus and Marked Target will apply again. 

can we get the old hovering version with holding space and be able to zoom or not while hovering ?

now i'm not using hovering at all, it feels so bad.

42 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Word. Voidrig it's still stronger, but Bonewidow feels pretty good honestly, hit hard, more fast, more reliable energy consumption, nice cc, god tier health regen for minimal energy... Very fun to play.

TBH I find the meathook thing really annoying to use because you have to drop the shield to use it. With the shield dropped I am finding my health tanks really fast and the shield is currently not activating all of the time when I try to bring it back up.

14 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Bonewidow is our Melee Necramech more focused on survivability and endurance. Exalted Ironbride is not going to match 1:1 with Arquebex, but that doesn’t mean Ironbride (or the rest of her kit) should be overshadowed. The below aim to address common Community feedback to provide Bonewidow that extra dash of spice.

Then why did you give it inferior shield and no incentive to go in melee? Maybe take a page from Valkyr book and make Bonewidow immune to ranged attacks when Ironbride and Shield Maiden are active at the same time?

13 hours ago, Yunjuwo said:

Please do NOT revert Steel Essence farming to how it was previously via eximus units because the drop rate from those were laughably low unless you abused Khora's Whipclaw and Strangledome augment, making her the only viable frame to farm this resource from. The way Steel Essence drops now is appreciated since we now have missions with guaranteed drops and the more regular(less RNG dependent) raids from Acolytes with more reliant intervals of time in-between.

The only ones who are crying salt over the change are kuva-hungry, 48-hour-survival-camping, Khora-main nutjobs. Those who don't care about the general playerbase that aren't min-maxed, and how this change made it easier for them to have a more reliable source of obtaining SE, and get into public matchmaking sessions together easier, all while not being forced to use a specific build for one specific warframe.

The SE change was good. Pay no mind to the riven-rolling addicts.

what about adding the SE drops on eximus as well? Don't remove the acolytes, or the incursions. Having eximus units drop them as well appeals to both parties, long grinders can farm with Khora's Wipclaw and Strangledome if they want, if you don't want to grind long runs, you just do incursions and hunt acolytes, I don't do very long grinds, for SE, I just hop into a SP interception as Wukong and just destroy every enemy and acolyte that appears until I lose interest or I can't reliably destroy them anymore, getting extra SE for a decent grind would be nice.

28 minutes ago, jimThehobo1 said:

what about adding the SE drops on eximus as well? Don't remove the acolytes, or the incursions. Having eximus units drop them as well appeals to both parties, long grinders can farm with Khora's Wipclaw and Strangledome if they want, if you don't want to grind long runs, you just do incursions and hunt acolytes, I don't do very long grinds, for SE, I just hop into a SP interception as Wukong and just destroy every enemy and acolyte that appears until I lose interest or I can't reliably destroy them anymore, getting extra SE for a decent grind would be nice.

Counter point.  DE didn't remove the RNG, they've simply removed the ability to mass spawn enemies, thereby getting around the ability of long form grinders to amass huge quantities of essence.

That's rather obtuse.  Let me clarify.  Eximus spawns are largely a function of mission progression, right?  Well, that means any extended run would increase eximus spawns.  This is how people used to grind eximus units, and break that 2% drop rate by simply killing hundreds of enemies.  2%*200=on average 4 essence drops.  By choosing specific missions, and having huge amounts of spawns with scaling damage, you could simply side-step the crap drop chances by volume of enemies.

So....the fix was to nerf Khora, to remove the swarm spawn benefits, and to make the RNG different without removing it.  Is it a success?

Well....I'm separating this section because it's relevant.  Stalker Acolytes seem to spawn about every 5 minutes...mostly.  This means that instead of the scaling where you could easily kill 50 eximus units in minutes, we now have a single RNG spawn.  It's not bad if you want to do a mission with side objectives, but by definition warframe was designed to be a fast and fluid looter shooter....meaning failure.  Whatever...it's fine...DE having issues following what they say isn't new.

Now, on the other side, let's talk about why they won't reintroduce this.  5 minutes spacing means at least 5 minutes in each mission, or no rewards.  If you run 30 minutes you can see 6 acolytes, and 60 minutes is 12.  Constant rewards, that are effectively capped.  Oh boy, artificially capped rewards makes it easy to do the math of reward versus time investment!  I say that with faux enthusiasm, because it is why DE won't go back.  Imagine if somebody could do another deep run mission and get 40 steel essence in an hour.  That'd be nuts....because our current rate is at most 24.

Funny how that math adds up.

On the other hand, you can now get rewards for anything that isn't a deep run.  Great for casual play....especially when you can get Umbral Forma in the weekly shop.  It's really a question of intent.  DE went from Steel Path as an optional hard mode, to Steel Path with game altering power....which has changed it from a challenge to a grind.  Grinds reward low, and constant.  Thus, random drops of Steel Essence are not coming back without another revision to the formula.

hace 15 horas, Yunjuwo dijo:

Please do NOT revert Steel Essence farming to how it was previously via eximus units because the drop rate from those were laughably low unless you abused Khora's Whipclaw and Strangledome augment, making her the only viable frame to farm this resource from. The way Steel Essence drops now is appreciated since we now have missions with guaranteed drops and the more regular(less RNG dependent) raids from Acolytes with more reliant intervals of time in-between.

The only ones who are crying salt over the change are kuva-hungry, 48-hour-survival-camping, Khora-main nutjobs. Those who don't care about the general playerbase that aren't min-maxed, and how this change made it easier for them to have a more reliable source of obtaining SE, and get into public matchmaking sessions together easier, all while not being forced to use a specific build for one specific warframe.

The SE change was good. Pay no mind to the riven-rolling addicts.

This is the most stupid comment I've heard in quite some time.

I can understand that you may not like to do long endurance runs to farm SE, that's why it's good that now you have the option to do it killing the acolytes, that's cool, another option added to warframe players.

Now the problem is many players like to do long runs and feel rewarded for it, and we've been left with an extremely nerfed version of what we had, plus our main frame has been bugged in purpose. These players are left with a WORSE version of the game compared to the game before the SE rework. Do you understand how bad it feels to invest thousands of plats in a build so that DE simply slaps you in the face and say "#*!% you" to us?

I can agree on having more ways to farm SE, but nerfing a way of playing many of us seemed to like a lot and bugging our main frame and setup is not tolerable.

Even more, the farming method we have now is far less efficient and more time consuming than before, how can someone praise a so important and bad thought nerf? How can you justify killing the game for many players when DE could just add the new SE system along with the old one? This way more hardcore players would be rewarded for playing long runs and casuls like you could be happy of farming SE too.

1 hour ago, AvatarShine said:

Deimos K-drive drop dont reward. 2 point of race unavalible - it just like cuted from game

Played 3 times all races each day cycle = 0 drop

Are you only doing these below races when they appear? They are the only races that drop the parts you need.

Cambion Drift Races  part way down the page.

Dead Drop 16 ReputationLargeBlack.png3,200 10,000 Feverspine
Exocrine Flow 15 ReputationLargeBlack.png3,000 9,500 Nodulite

Muck and Mire 14 ReputationLargeBlack.png2,800 9,000 Gristlebuck
Pride Before a Fall 14 ReputationLargeBlack.png2,800 9,000 Steeba

Yeah, slight tweaks to necramechs won't make them worthwhile.  Most of the problems with them aren't things you can fix by fiddling with some numbers.  Here's a short write up I threw together mid-mission while grinding out the last couple ranks to 30 on bonewidow (so they end up being mostly in order of pain points, and lightly edited.)

Why necramechs suck:
 -crosshair/HUD color.  I can't imagine a worse color for visibility.  It's literally a camouflage color.  The advantage of high damage weapons means squat if you can't hit anything.
 -the mission progress screens that players warned the devs not to revamp are broken when in a necramech.  Goes to show the lack of care and attention put into either feature.
 -using a necramech stops you from benefiting from your companion, robbing you of critical utility, making the game barely playable
 -furthermore, using a necramech all but guarantees your companion will die, meaning you won't get the utility back once you switch back to your frame, making the rest of the mission not worth even playing.
 -the movement is piss poor.  And in a game that's far more about mobility than anything else, that kinda kills the whole thing right there.
 -the mods.  they won't redeem a necramech for the same reasons tweaking some levers won't, they will not overcome the intrinsic flaws of UI, companions, and movement.  Besides, the mods suck nuts to farm.
 -lack of utility.  No auras, no gear, no arcanes, no companions.  Tools you might use for durability, energy regeneration, improved lethality, none of them available, and some of them really make the difference in the fun:suck ratio.
 -lack of melee.  Sure, there's a melee attack, but it doesn't actually do anything except stop you cold.  All it does is gives you something pointless to do while you're waiting for your ammo to regenerate.  And the one melee exalted melee is terrible.  The poor mobility and the bad mods really don't make it worth wasting the time, much less the energy.
 -the lack of utility leads to a chronic lack of energy, meaning even if the powers were any good, which best I can tell, most of them aren't, it wouldn't matter anyway because you'll avoid using them at all costs anyway.

Ok, so redeeming factors.  The only redeeming factor I can think of is that they are fairly good at fighting other necramechs.  They don't really excel at anything else.  They are fairly tanky, which means nothing when frames can be invincible.  They are fairly high damage, which means nothing when frames and weapons can wipe every enemy off the map in seconds and keep it up for the duration of a whole mission.  If the fundamental flaws were taken care of, maybe they'd be worth using just for the novelty, but the fun:suck ratio just isn't there otherwise.

here is a couple bugs i found still in game after this hotfix that have to do with tranferrance, necramech, and damage of necramechs. also necramech and operator visual bugs.

19 bugs, and 1 christmas wish feature that i hope is quite simple to implement.

1: you mentioned fixing invisible operator after transfering for the second time. as an operator main, there are many bugs i know and this never occured to me, using that method. when it happened to me, it was transfering into neckrameach as operator while in void mode would create an ivisible clone of doing whatever you were doing before going into the mech. unless you meant the operator itself woulf be invisible, in which case, thats true. though this is another bug.

2: along the lines of the last one, when you enter as op in void mode into the voidrig, and come out, you get operator void jump back.. meaning you can float again, as if you were in void mode, even though you are not. the operator appears to be glitched out. see through, almost like a glitched wireframe. this visual happened when i had the web ephemera on. 

3. again, when entering exiting necramech in void mode, tapping shift will lock you into a constant slide. you constantly to a shoulder tackle at operator running speed, or the speed you were going when you tapped shift. this means if you time it right you get one REALLY long void dash, or you can jsut shoulder tackle across deimos/orb vallis/plains of eidolon. this bug is VERY FUN. just enter voidrig in void mode, exit it, tap shift and WEEEEE! to turn, just hold the aim button. also you can change your position by using movement keys. you dont need to hold them down since your constantly moving forward. a few favorite poses of mine are tapping forward till your arms are out, tapping back till your in a ball, and doing the, "draw me like one of your french girls" pose.

4. Bonewidow is indestructable in orb vallis temple of profit. whenever it would be low on hp, when i was solo and transfered from operator into it, it would die <its inevitable in steel path temple of profit, and normal>, and instead of blowing up, it would say, "press "X" (or interaction key) to revive. (i have my keys all custom bind.)  and bonewidow would be revived. tranferring out just as it died means you can still use iut with 0 hp and 0 shields. but one hit and it kicks you out again, asking for a revive. it gave me the nightwave "rescuer" completion or something for reviving it. you can do this several times, i dont know how many though.

5: voidrig/bonewidow chagring animations can make it appear to run super super fast if you jump, aim and activate the charge forward. just at the top of your jump, aim and hit the charge forward buttons. the neckramech will land, and be scoped in, and be running but using the charge speed. you can also zoom out, and just have the running animation and be going at charge speed with charge effects. 

6: after throwing a canister, enemies (mostly bosses) effected at a time will continue to stay the energy colour (i had it pink) even when the effect is lost. this makes it super easy to find tusk thumpers, and teralysts in plains of eidolon. in fact, sometimes i dont throw the canister and they are still big glowing pink buddies.

7: this is one i repeat a lot, but it just bugs me. when host/solo mode, playing as operator, when you aim, your entire body spins on point. when joining a mission, not hosting, and you aim as operator, you actually aim correctly. your upper body only rotates. your legs stay where they should. please, please may i ask if you have the time, to fix operator aiming animations for host/solo mode. when i want to make screenshots or scenes or be immersive in the story modes, this kind of wrecks it since my entire operator body spins, instead of just the head and upper body.

8: Umbra is way too passive with primary guns. i play with umbra a lot in operator form, and he has a lot of trouble bringing himself to shoot the enemy. umbra is a fury filled sentient killing super cool warframe. i feel he should have that level of aggression. umbra would refuse to use guns (primary) unless he had a clear shot, they were at least 10 meters and and most 30 meters away, and there was flat ground under him and the enemy. he has a lot less trouble with the staticor equiped only though. also he doesnt shoot very much with weapons that have blast radius on them. i was testing a lot of weapons to see what would make umbra be like he used to be. i tried flamethrower, i tried ogris, i tried opticor, i tried quellor, rubico, vulkar, i tried secondarys too. beam, blasts, bullets, i tried a lot. umbra is just feeling really passive. unless his conditions are met, that enemy is going to live. my advice is to give him wu-clone's level of aggression and AI. i decided to try it out, and oh boy what a difference. wuclone would empty the magazine several times with the same gun in the time it takes umbra to decide to fire. i tested it with the ogris: 3 shot magazine, on a powerful ememy (fortuna's big brown spider that fakes its death). wuclone would shoot non stop, and it took 2 and a half minutes for it to kill it. umbra? we would still be waiting. he ran around it, walked up to it, but refused to shoot it until 5 minutes passed. he shot once... and thats all it took for him to even have the stones to kneel to a spider. kinda funy though. also umbra is Grineer/storm trooper level of inaccurate when shooting. also funny with quellor with 1000 bullets and max fire rate with riven.

9: Wuclone is maybe too aggressive with the kuva ogris. not a complaint but maybe an exploit. wuclone will fire the ENTIRE magazine in one shot, rather than three shots as i have it. fix it if you like, or not. personally i love the wuclone method of, "redecorating the chamber" by emptying it. 

10: you can still make umbra fly the railjack on his own. its rather hilarious. just press 5 and X on the pilot seat, and dont move. if done right, umbra will be piloting and shooting and moving the ship. he will actually finish the mission. in fact he can use the crewship obliteration cannon too, with.... some accuracy. however if he decides to move, or you move, he will take the pilot seat with him. if you tranfer back, congrats! you have the pilot seat as your own personal go kart. but you cant do anything else. 

11: i cant take screenshots with steam any more. after 2035 screenshots, the button wont do it anymore. i tried deleting some, i tried, moving them, changing the button, but it didnt work. i know F6 or F5 takes a screenshot (right?) but i cant find the folder it goes in. could you make a section in settings that shows "take screenshot" in keybinds, and lets you select where they go? i remember seeing six of em from last halloween called "warframe 00001-warframe 00006." also if anyone else has advice, let me know. i dont know if this is a bug or just me. 

12: if you hit the aim button, and the melee slam button and time it right, you fall super super slowly doing the melee slam animation in necramech (voidrig). funny to see upside down corn slowly float down. 

13: kuva liches can do their killing move-special moves on your companion. at least, my infested deimos kitty. the rarest breed i forget its name. it would pick it up and slam it down. also hilarious. (wait WAIT! PETA, this isnt animal cruelty! this is liche freedom in action! its just its natureee!)

14: Arcane pistoller effects primary and archgun ammo. this means if you activate it, and quickly switch to a primary that is based on power and fire rate with very little magazine capacity (kuva ogirs) you get 10 seconds of absolute mayhem. i dont know if this is intentional or not, but dang is it awesome to fill up the room with nightwatch napalm. before this is fixed, try it out guys! 

15: when you have almost 4k armour you feel invincible. can you be? yes you can. you know the puzzle in lua that is something like, endurance ithink, where you have to stand in the middle of spinning lasers? if you stand on that with the mod adaption and enough armour and hp to survive it for a bit, you become invincible to radaition damage. adaption does some sort of number glitch in the corner, rapidly changing, and you get to stand in the middle of those lasers feeling all powerful and invincible. i found that this rule applies to anything that damages you tons over a period of time. necramech grenades? no problem! they dont hurt after the first 4. necramech gun? tickels. fire damage? actually hurts. it hits you too slowly. if something hits you repeatedly over a certain amount of time, at about 2-3 X the speed of heat proc damage, you become invincible to that damage type for the rest of the mission, or until you go down.  

16: voidrig necramech's first ability, the canister, explodes in the AOE damage explosion if it hits an enemy. this is frusterating when trying to place down the cold puddle, and teralyst wants to play soccer with your can of refreshing cold Proc. if he kicks it before it bounces he launches it. you can see where it goes at night. teralyst soccer contest! my record is the west side of the lake to the west side of the grineer settlement on the hill closest to the lake, the one with the mining pit and the ship flying around it. 

17: operator cannot climb ledges very well. it takes a couple tries and is very difficult to actually grab and climb up. the focus path that effect void dash speed also effects this. tapping shift while holding the ledge will launch you up. it used to rocket you up, and sometimes down, but now it just launches you about 5-30 meters, diagonally forward. with void dahs path, about 45 degree angle. with out it? less angle, more like 25 degree angle forward. my dojo operator only obstacle course doesnt work due to this bug. the custom obstacle course basic boxes are perfect example to test this ledge grab on. so are corpus lockers, and the big black corpus boxes.

18: the veloticus, and other archguns with infinite punchthrough are so so SO inaccurate you can hit things directly behind you, if you fire it when touching a wall. the bullet speed is super super slow too once it goes through a wall. i feel it should be 100% accuracy cannon that just obliterates things, but instead its a "if you even graze that wall, we play bingo" level of gambling. an enemy 50 meters away takes damage 4.5 seconds after i fired the shot. (more like 5 but not quite 5 seconds).

19: viral damage is like multishot to void/operator damage. for every viral proc on an enemy, the attack hits one additional time. so, with the "lob a fragemnarty charge grenade thingy" and a 10 viral proc'd enemy? it deals 6k damage per fragment, and i think it has 8 fragements, thats 6000 X 8 X 10 damage. 

20: not a bug, but i feel we need a walk button. like, "ALT" or something. for those of us who use keyboard not controller. cause in a mission you need to look awesome. only warframes with 1.00 sprint speed and a hobbled key can walk. rhino uh.... is encumbered-slogging-almost-falling-oh there-he-goes-guess-he-never-had-coffee-level of slo. funny though. not a complaint but lets say a christmas wish, to have the ability to bind a walk in missions key. toggle too. and when you press shift, to run, it automatically cancels, and you run.

vor 21 Stunden schrieb PSvsXBOX:

We have Steel Path now. Double the armour, double the fun for you now

u dont even know what you are talking about mate,Steel path on level 9999 is worse than old level 600 in some cases......please.

21 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Xaku Grasp of Lohk

@[DE]MeganI see people link DE's people to bring some bugs. I'm sorry if I made mistake.

Why Grasp of Lohk cannot disarm enemies when the Xaku have maximum number of guns in Grasp of Lohk? This change make the Xaku less active frame - you, people from DE, doesn't like this.
Here are few topics mentioning this:

Archived