Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Epic Games Store Launch - Launch & Help Thread!

EPIC STORE IS BIG SCAM

i downloaded game i try to login and i get NO 2FA email to login to game

on GEFORCE NOW says invalid password but here on site the account WORKS

i lost my hope with warframe i will never play it again this is the WORST BIRTHDAY GIFT EVER :'C GOOD BYE

23 minutes ago, [DE]Saske said:

Yeah, now thanks to that backlog, I'm also locked out on the Steam client due to "Too many login-failures" just because I had to back out of the 2FA code on the Epic Games client. Lovely.

Ehhh....WTH happened with my login?  Steam client is no longer telling me "Too many log-failures", now it's just telling me straight up my info is incorrect...the same userid/password I've been using for the last three years...

Epic Games Store is bad feng shui.

Edited by Simoom
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, Emperor said:

Unable to claim it. Copied my game files from the steam install and verified with the EGS launcher.

EGS only downloads the WF launcher so you've only verified that :P And the game has a slightly different folder structure there too.

Proper way: download via EGS, launch, exit WF launcher as soon as it starts download, copy WF files to the "WF/Downloaded" folder, launch again.

Or follow a more in-depth guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/katxj1/guide_how_to_claim_the_epic_game_store_egs_weapon/

15 hours ago, Thawfoot said:

Any way to fake it so i dont have to re~download the entire game to claim the skins?

See my link above :P

15 hours ago, kwlingo said:

If im not mistaken you should be able to migrate your account from Steam to Epic?

It's the same account on all PC launchers that have WF (steam, discord, epic)

Edited by HunterDigi

You know, I appreciate the uphill climb a company faces in launching a Steam competitor, I really do. But EGS just plays dirty, and it's annoying. Example: installing EGS 'updated' my desktop shortcut to run the EGS version of Warframe. Which, okay, little annoying since the EGS version (obviously) doesn't have the Steam overlay, which seems to mean you can't actually look at the news and announcements.

I wasn't planning on sticking with the EGS version anyway, so I deleted the shortcut, then went into Steam to recreate it. And Steam recreated... the EGS Warframe shortcut. I had to uninstall EGS, and then restart my computer, in order to get Steam to create the Steam Warframe shortcut on my desktop.

Crap like that reinforces my distaste for Epic, in their approach to becoming a Steam alternative. Because don't get me wrong, while I really like Steam, I think it could do with some healthy competition. Epic is not acting like healthy competition.

Anyway, the skins look good.

Edited by motorfirebox
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

You know, I appreciate the uphill climb a company faces in launching a Steam competitor, I really do. But EGS just plays dirty, and it's annoying. Example: installing EGS 'updated' my desktop shortcut to run the EGS version of Warframe. Which, okay, little annoying since the EGS version (obviously) doesn't have the Steam overlay, which seems to mean you can't actually look at the news and announcements.

I wasn't planning on sticking with the EGS version anyway, so I deleted the shortcut, then went into Steam to recreate it. And Steam recreated... the EGS Warframe shortcut. I had to uninstall EGS, and then restart my computer, in order to get Steam to create the Steam Warframe shortcut on my desktop.

Crap like that reinforces my distaste for Epic, in their approach to becoming a Steam alternative. Because don't get me wrong, while I really like Steam, I think it could do with some healthy competition. Epic is not acting like healthy competition.

Anyway, the skins look good.

Yeah too much crap to try get some skins, this is kinda sad cuz it will lure people in.

Best bet is they just put skins out for steam players to, rather then asking players to install spywere

• Like 2
16 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno - we have just launched on the Epic Games Store! 

Head to the Epic Games Store today to download Warframe and get some UNREAL skins! Eh?! 

This thread is a dedicated source for players who need troubleshooting help in getting started or claiming their free bundle (for a limited time)!

Account issues can be handled in support, but general troubleshooting advice can be found here!

HOW TO REDEEM:
1. Visit the Warframe page on the Epic Games Store
2. Find the Unreal Tournament Weapon Bundle in the 'Packs' section
3. Claim your bundle for free
4. Download and log in to Warframe through the Epic Games Store (you only need to do this once to redeem the bundle)
5. Find your Unreal Tournament Weapon Bundle and Synkra Syandana in your Inventory!

Troubleshoot FAQ:

1) If you are having trouble claiming the bundle (i.e it says owned but you log in and see nothing), we are looking into this right now! 

FIXED: Simply login and the weapons + skins will be there for you now! There was a hiccup with fulfilling, but we are in the clear now. Redemption steps above! 

2)  Syandana ain't there! We should have a fix for this tomorrow, as it may require a hotfix. But any eligible will be rewarded the free Syandana! 

i'm not receiving the email with the verification code in my gmail account :(

Just now, Nekros_Life said:

yep cant login anywhere only here warframe.com site at first i was scareed i thaught i got suspended but then i saw everyone same issue ... warframe is dead

I wonder if this is only happening to people who have both clients installed at the same time when they tried to log in.

Just now, NickelStiller said:

I can't log in because the game needs a verification code and I have nothing in the mail... Yes, I have checked the spam folder and yes it is a right mail address.

Hey, have you tried logging back in through the Steam client afterwards?  I wonder if it will lock you out there, too.

2 minutes ago, Shini_SSJ said:

theres any way to redeem them without installing tha game again? i have in on steam and with official client. Theres a way to connect que official client path to epics launcher ?

Nope, people have "claimed" a way to do it, but its really BS.

Don't fall for it.

Justo ahora, Circle_of_Psi dijo:

Nope, people have "claimed" a way to do it, but its really BS.

Don't fall for it.

yeah its dissaponting... i mean 25-30gb arent a lot but still is time that i can use farming on the game instead of waiting to avoid having 300ms on squad xD

Just now, Shini_SSJ said:

yeah its dissaponting... i mean 25-30gb arent a lot but still is time that i can use farming on the game instead of waiting to avoid having 300ms on squad xD

Yeah, the way people are doing it is, more of a hacky way, moving files around and such, its a risk of breaking your files and such, so no point.

I mean, if you wanna install epic game, with free viruses be my guest, stick to being loyal and stay with steam, they won't steal your info

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Simoom said:

Hey, have you tried logging back in through the Steam client afterwards?  I wonder if it will lock you out there, too.

Yeah, I tried to log in trough Steam right now. I seem to log in fine, but I got a message that I already logged in somewhere else, which was strange.

hace 1 minuto, Simoom dijo:

On Steam still logging.

hace 1 minuto, Nekros_Life dijo:

doesnt work anywhere i give up

You have installed both warframe´s in the same place? maybe thats the problem. I have 2 partitions and have Steam Warframe at C: & EG Warframe on D:. Eg i have the problem of logging code too, but steam´s one still logging fine

6 минут назад, Simoom сказал:

OMEGALUL.

is it just me but it looks like a huge fail from DE side?

like i decided to reinstall the game to see what's new, and i see these news. but for the last hour i can't login due to this 2fa code nonsense.

epic games store launch end to be yet another fiasco.

Edited by Kel_Silonius