Jump to content

Epic Games Store Launch - Launch & Help Thread!


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Lycan248 said:

On Steam still logging.
 

 

You have installed both warframe´s in the same place? maybe thats the problem. I have 2 partitions and have Steam Warframe at C: & EG Warframe on D:. Eg i have the problem of logging code too, but steam´s one still logging fine

I don't think that's the cause, because I have Steam on C: and EGS on D:  and I'm having a HELL of an issue, LUL

Link to post
Share on other sites

They probably shouldn't have tied skins, weapon/warframe slots and a 7 day booster to installing Warframe from Epic Store... I think it makes sense for new player accounts created from an Epic Warframe client, but not to re-download and install the thing...

Edited by nslay
Missing word
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

is it just me but it looks like a huge fail from DE side?

like i decided to reinstall the game to see what's new, and i see these news. but for the last hour i can't login due to this 2fa code nonsense.

epic games store launch end to be yet another fiasco.

Yes, I'm amazed at how they're constantly finding ways to break this game.  Also amazing at how unfixable some of those bugs seem to be. 

I mean things like, having the reward callouts suddenly not happen in a mission even though you're still getting those rewards, and you only see those rewards after you extract?   This bug is literally 3 years old, still happens.   And there are MANY like this.  In fact, I can safely say 90% of the bugs in the game today, have been around for at least 3 years.  (perhaps longer, but I cannot personally confirm)

Maybe that's a sign of how many risks they're taking.  Maybe it's a sign of the game engines shortfall.  Maybe their programmers just don't prioritize bug fixes unless it's completely game-breaking.  Who knows.

But playing this game has always felt like going home with the 6.5/10 from the nightclub. Every. Night.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 Factor Authentication is not sending any codes to my email. I spent the entire day redownloading the game from Epic. I have to mention this now because I am afraid the server is not recognizing my verification request since I am logging in from the same PC. 

I know its probably just my mood today. But this is extremely frustrating. 

Putting this out there in case it needs to be fixed. 

Edited by RavingRoman
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Guybrush88 said:

Email verification to log-in has massive massive delay

Do yourself a favor and don't bother until issue is fixed

??? longest part of the entire thing was downloading the game, email verification took like 2 sec 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nslay said:

They probably shouldn't have tied skins, weapon/warframe slots and a 7 day booster to installing Warframe from Epic Store... I think it makes sense for new player accounts created from an Epic Warframe client, but not to re-download and install the thing...

You should know by now though that the Epic games store tries anything to get atleast SOMEONE to use it. I legit only use it for The Cycle and as soon as it releases on steam? bye bye, Epic.

Edited by MizzieD
Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 23 minutos, Circle_of_Psi dijo:

Yeah, the way people are doing it is, more of a hacky way, moving files around and such, its a risk of breaking your files and such, so no point.

I mean, if you wanna install epic game, with free viruses be my guest, stick to being loyal and stay with steam, they won't steal your info

epic viruses? ;O

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MizzieD said:

You should know by now though that the Epic games store tries anything to get atleast SOMEONE to use it. I legit only use it for The Cycle and as soon as it releases on steam? bye bye, Epic.

I use it all the time, just got a free game last night.

This 'tribal' outlook on these various launchers like Steam and Epic is a truly hilarious aspect of the gaming community.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zimzala said:

I use it all the time, just got a free game last night.

This 'tribal' outlook on these various launchers like Steam and Epic is a truly hilarious aspect of the gaming community.

Same. I do not get the hate for Epic, I swear people do not understand that competition in the market is a good thing. The epic game store may be far from perfect but at least people have another option from just steam for games.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yeah, the way people are doing it is, more of a hacky way, moving files around and such, its a risk of breaking your files and such, so no point.

I mean, if you wanna install epic game, with free viruses be my guest, stick to being loyal and stay with steam, they won't steal your info

I'm pretty sure I handed my info over willingly to Steam to feed my gaming addictions.  They won't have to steal mine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, minininja77 said:

Same. I do not get the hate for Epic, I swear people do not understand that competition in the market is a good thing. The epic game store may be far from perfect but at least people have another option from just steam for games.

The hate is probably because of fortnite and that thing with them making some stuff Epic store exclusive.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JimmuTanno88 said:

Will discord-store tenno be able to get this, or will it mess up the existing download(since disc store no longer exists)?

 

I'm sure the answer is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They literally didn't even anticipate all the cluster that happened on Steam, their #1 client.   I don't think anyone, including DE, will know what happens on any other client unless they hear about it from an irate gamer.  Maybe you can be that irate gamer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Simoom said:

I'm sure the answer is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They literally didn't even anticipate all the cluster that happened on Steam, their #1 client.   I don't think anyone, including DE, will know what happens on any other client unless they hear about it from an irate gamer.  Maybe you can be that irate gamer.

true, although Id rather not risk my only download of warframe's functionality to be an irate gamer, even if the skins are excellent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JimmuTanno88 said:

true, although Id rather not risk my only download of warframe's functionality to be an irate gamer, even if the skins are excellent.

Biff Tannen would call you a chicken.

But I say, wise choice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...