Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Epic Games Store Launch - Launch & Help Thread!

[DE]Rebecca

29 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

I use it all the time, just got a free game last night.

This 'tribal' outlook on these various launchers like Steam and Epic is a truly hilarious aspect of the gaming community.

at first i was refusing to use another game launcher- but Epic made me several offers i couldnt refuse. im easily bought. 

i hear they are giving away 14 free games this holiday. 

16 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

at first i was refusing to use another game launcher- but Epic made me several offers i couldnt refuse. im easily bought. 

i hear they are giving away 14 free games this holiday. 

I have Steam, Epic, and Origin all available.

If I am looking to get a game, I look at all of them for deals and interesting new titles.

Why people still think these launchers are are something terrible is silly, IMO.

Sure, way back in the day, they could be system hogs, but that's like a decade ago.

The whole point, from my POV, is to support the Game Developers. If they publish the game on a platform and that works financially for them, great. Why on earth should I care which platform gets used to publish? Because I have to click a couple more times or something?

The 'launcher warfare' is truly some of the silliest 'tribal' based crap I have ever seen from the gaming community.

What is it with people picking a 'team' and eschewing all logic after doing so?

Bizarre.

Especially when that same community tries to act as if it knows more about building games, while doing this stuff....

45 minutes ago, RavingRoman said:

2 Factor Authentication is not sending any codes to my email. I spent the entire day redownloading the game from Epic. I have to mention this now because I am afraid the server is not recognizing my verification request since I am logging in from the same PC. 

I know its probably just my mood today. But this is extremely frustrating. 

Putting this out there in case it needs to be fixed. 

Having problems with 2FA as well. I download the launcher, update it, log in with my existing account and then... it's like "Hey, we just sent you an email with a code, use that." I have yet to see any 2FA Warframe Email code in the last 10+ minutes, so probably by the time I get it, it'll be expired.

What's going on, DE? Are the servers getting that hammered or what?

vor 41 Minuten schrieb minininja77:

Same. I do not get the hate for Epic, I swear people do not understand that competition in the market is a good thing. The epic game store may be far from perfect but at least people have another option from just steam for games.

It's not that people don't understand that competition is a good thing, it's that they understand why competition is a good thing. Currently, Epic is doing everything you'd normally want competition to prevent, so what's the point.

2 hours ago, Simoom said:

OMEGALUL

Why did I read this as Omigul?

1 hour ago, Simoom said:

I'm pretty sure I handed my info over willingly to Steam to feed my gaming addictions.  They won't have to steal mine.

eyyyyyyyy

1 hour ago, motorfirebox said:

It's not BS, I just did it.

if it works for you, then that's good, all power to you, but scummy way of doing it.

55 minutes ago, Salenstormwing said:

What's going on, DE? Are the servers getting that hammered or what?

Probs, or that someone finally realized what they are doing and putting a stop to it

one can dream

1 hour ago, JimmuTanno88 said:

For ogris, drakgoon, and stalta respectivly.
would be nice if they were weapons, but sadly not.

I thought it was three weapons: Rocket Launcher, Flak Cannon, and Shock Rifle.

and three skins for old weapons: Ogris, Dragkoon, and Stahlta.

I ruined my computer for nothing.

48 minutes ago, Simoom said:

I thought it was three weapons: Rocket Launcher, Flak Cannon, and Shock Rifle.

and three skins for old weapons: Ogris, Dragkoon, and Stahlta.

I ruined my computer for nothing.

I got three potatoed weapons with the skins. Assuming if you have they weapons already could just sell and have 3 new slots

7 minutes ago, IDontae said:

I got three potatoed weapons with the skins. Assuming if you have they weapons already could just sell and have 3 new slots

I mean, I guess.

My Ogris is already potatoed, but it'd still be nice to have the Rocket skin for it.  And that free slot.

My Dragkoon isn't potatoed and there would be that free slot, but no weapon skin is going to make that thing feel like the actual Flak Cannon from UT to me.

Stahlta I don't have at all, so +++ there, I guess.

But still, I could already hear those rockets loading up on the Rocket Launcher one by one.  *Eep* *Eep* *Eep* *Eep* *Eep* *Kashooooo!*

Big drop in expectation and DEFINITE not worth ruining my PC for it.

1 hour ago, Zimzala said:

I use it all the time, just got a free game last night.

This 'tribal' outlook on these various launchers like Steam and Epic is a truly hilarious aspect of the gaming community.

Agree lol. They even pay the makers of games more and people just hate them.

il y a 7 minutes, Simoom a dit :

Finally got everything, gotta say, looks pretty sick.

Why can't DE make weapons look this good when it's their own weapons?  Instead, every other weapon looks like a lump of melted wax.

did you reloag via Epic or via Steam to get the syandana ?

Archived