Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Epic Games Store Launch - Launch & Help Thread!

[DE]Rebecca

2 hours ago, Aeriax said:

As a preface, it is very likely that Lavos is probably going to be my main guy for the next few months despite his kit overall feeling lopsided in strength, with his 1 and 2 being quite competent but 3 and 4 somewhat less so. There's a lot of good here and I really enjoy how Lavos can actually be trusted to counter almost any enemy's resistances to the benefit of your loadout.

General gameplay loop critique: I do not dislike the idea of cooldowns as it's something unique and from the 'he is an Alchemist' standpoint, it feels like good 'downtime' to select the next element(s)- but there is the fact that they seem to be just a bit too long to actually feel 'balanced' in most fights. I have very often found that I can't really do much with Lavos' kit because I'm waiting for either Ophidian Bite or Vial Rush to be ready again- and that I also have absolutely no reason to use Transmutation Probe or Catalyze, for reasons that will be illustrated below which creates a very uncomfortable bottleneck in what I'm trying to do. For what Ophidian Bite does, I don't feel like an 8 second cooldown is reasonable. It's' not a long range ability and even with a lot of range I don't see it being able to easily clear out entire rooms. Giving it a 4 or even 3 second cooldown rather than 8 would make it feel a lot better.

As it currently stands, Transmutation Probe exists solely to make sure my Mausolon never runs out of ammo. The utility aspect here is great, but the ability just doesn't seem to have a use case outside of providing that one specific benefit. As a possible solution: To make a more "this is clearly the Alchemist Warframe"- why not change how the probe moves? "Transmutation Probe" could become "Transmutation Charge", which would be a more precisely hurled (and more explosive) vial which would still have the same effect of turning any ammo or health/energy pickups that are in the AoE to universal variants as well as lowering cooldowns on other recently cast abilities on enemy electrification- but to me it really feels like Lavos should definitely be able to throw MORE GRENADES vials in a more targeted manner in addition to Vial Rush. 8-10 second cooldown here would feel fair if the damage was increased noticeably for imbued and non-imbued cast. I am not concerned about this ability feeling too close to Vauban's 3 because... Well, Vauban can't make Photon Strike hit with any element. And Photon Strike has damage scaling- "Transmutation Charge" wouldn't necessarily.

Catalyze currently has no real use case to me due to an incredible lack of verticality, though I have noticed that if it is cast at close range immediately after you have stuck a lot of enemies in a hallway with Vial Rush, they all die basically instantly which does seem to give Catalyze a potential use, but I've found a Mausolon alt fire usually does the same thing. Addressing the verticality issue as mentioned would be an excellent start, but I feel like it needs 'more'- out of all of Lavos' abilities this is the one that actually does feel the least unique because it seems like a worse and purely horizontal Fire Miasma subject to a travel delay and damage falloff due to probe divergence. The long cooldown, incredible falloff of applied damage when probes move out from eachother and cast time make it very awkward to use, and in general I've had more success with Vial Rush for dealing major AoE damage than Catalyze.

As a tl;dr: Really fun, but feels like I'm 'intended' to cycle through abilities to alleviate cooldowns but I see no real reason to use half his kit because it's undertuned/too specifically designed to rotate through in general use. That should probably be looked at, by making his 3 and 4 more usable primarily but also maybe lowering cooldown on 1. Could be halved and still be unspammable but fair.

On 2020-12-15 at 8:10 PM, [DE]Helen said:

f0a32e49cfd0ba9a5948fdc6a8ea4e72.png

Deafen your foes and dazzle your allies with the newest Prime Vault release!

Banshee Prime and Mirage Prime return alongside their Prime Weapons and exclusive Customizations for a limited time.

BANSHEE & MIRAGE DUAL PRIME PACK

A feast for the senses. Leave a lasting impression with these sensational Warframes and Accessories!

• 1200 Platinum
  • Banshee Prime and Mirage Prime
  • Euphona Prime
  • Kogake Prime
  • Akbolto Prime
  • Helios Prime
  • Deconstructor Prime
  • Capella Prime Syandana
  • Abbera Prime Syandana
  • Atavist Prime Armor
  • Ictus Prime Sentinel Accessories
  • Banshee Prime and Mirage Prime Glyphs

1d7084c14e3ed054951b685a59961248.png

BANSHEE PRIME PACK

• 400 Platinum
  • Banshee Prime Warframe
  • Euphona Prime
  • Helios Prime
  • Deconstructor Prime
  • Capella Prime Syandana
  • Banshee Prime Glyphs

e31fa7d33d696489ab9e9c548ba553e1.png

MIRAGE PRIME PACK

• 400 Platinum
  • Mirage Prime Warframe
  • Kogake Prime
  • Akbolto Prime
  • Abbera Prime Syandana
  • Atavist Prime Armor
  • Mirage Prime Glyphs

9e2f9c1ece04491bd53a77771d85ad69.png

BANSHEE PRIME ACCESSORIES PACK

• 200 Platinum
  • Capella Prime Syandana

be014f2bb47899e5264e17586e2ff8ed.png

MIRAGE PRIME ACCESSORIES PACK

• 200 Platinum
  • Abbera Prime Syandana
  • Atavist Prime Armor

Click here to pick up these Prime Vault Packs before the Vault closes!

On 2020-12-11 at 2:26 AM, NewbieKit said:

Can you guys make it so we can skip step 4?

I dont want to re-download the game again while my storage already so limited, not even mention the time needed on downloading.

Some people may even need to delete the game on steam in order to re-download the game on epic and then re-re-download the game on steam....

Having an issue where the warframe launcher, opened through the EGS, says there isn't enough space to download, when I have 100+ GB of free space in the directory where I put the EGS install. (also, strange that the EGS didn't ask me what directory to install Warframe...) 

EDIT: nevermind, sorted it out. 

Lots of people are saying they won't touch Epic game launcher or that they will definitely uninstall it after they get their drop, but why? Ever since the Diemos Arcana update my computer has had trouble with warframe crashing several times a day (when I was using Steam launcher). When I started playing warframe through Epic launcher, my pc crashes only happen once ever few days (usually proc'd by watching youtube).

So, for me, Epic launcher has been a huge blessing! I can finally play 30 fps @ 720p resolution. I have a budget build and when I was playing on steam I was getting max 20-25 fps @ 320p res. I've lost the ability to buy tennogen, but now I can play the game!

Spoiler

Happy Star Trek GIF  Yes! Budget builds FTW!

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

some tennogen weapons' are already available, i'd assume there's going to be more added in the future. But, more details would be great.

I can see the Tennogen that i bought in the past. I just cant see any that i haven't. Now i can buy from the Tennogen store on Steam i just don't know if it will show up in the game that way or if i have to reinstall and log in trough Steam then and afterwards reinstall Epic again?

support was unhelpful with my missing UT skins

i know i claimed the pack because i double checked it being claimed, i tried their suggestion of closing Steam and running through Epic but nope

they also said they won't give out any time gated rewards after expiry... i dreamed of UT guns in Warframe for so long and it all went wrong lol

can they please just run it again or something? 

Archived