Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Epic Games Store Launch - Launch & Help Thread!

[DE]Rebecca

So copying my files worked and I got the skins. 

That being said.

This post is correct. Applying the skins to the kuva ogris and drakgoon gives them the normal ogris and drakgoon stats. Unusual bug but a bug none the less. Tested it myself and yeah it's a thing. I doubt the devs know about it yet so hopefully tomorrow they'll notice this. I imagine it's an easy fix but I've no clue.

17 minutes ago, Coby said:

we got a issue gamers edit: affects all other stats and reverts them to the default baby version stats but didn't see til I took the screenshots on my toasterunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

couldn't get it to work coping from steam to epic ...

ended up downloading yet again

then had to go back into epic and look for the add~on to add it again... twice now

also i noticed on closing warframe that the launcher keep running and having to close it via task manger to relaunch to see if i got these damm skins...

way way to much DE...

3 minutes ago, Thawfoot said:

then had to go back into epic and look for the add~on to add it again... twice now

also i noticed on closing warframe that the launcher keep running and having to close it via task manger to relaunch to see if i got these damm skins...

way way to much DE...

What does DE have to do with this? You decided to transfer the files like that, EGS isn't developed by DE. Steam, PSN, XBOX and nintendo have exclusive skins on it for frames and weapons. Exclusivity isn't new.

@vanaukas.. your right buddy...

DE has nothing to do with it... they are the best Developer/Publisher ever...

asking your player base if they want this item to download a 35g install is nothing any good developer wouldn't ask...

and your dead on about exclusivity PC get a few items  that are soon as they pass cert on to console..

But it doesnt seem to work the other way round

Yep it all volunteered no one forced me to do that... I wanted to .. I wanted the skins  so thats on me.

Also prior transfers have worked [steam to nitro} and it the same base files is it not?... just for what ever reason it didnt

Itsfine™

15 minutes ago, Thawfoot said:

way way to much DE...

I have it claimed, and i have logged out and in prob 20 times, and did what you did, closed down thru task manager, and still havent got any of it . 

Just now, Madison said:

I have it claimed, and i have logged out and in prob 20 times, and did what you did, closed down thru task manager, and still havent got any of it .

Make sure you go back into the epic launcher and check the addons  for warframe section i had to claim it a few times to get it to stick   but i got the skins

hace 2 horas, UltDragon dijo:

If you already have Warframe on Steam, you don't have to download it again on Epic Game Store, just copy the files.

Do this:

Start the launcher for the first time on Epic, wait for the download to begin, then quit the launcher.

Now go to [Steam Library]\steamapps\common\Warframe\ and copy all files.

Paste on [Epic Games]\Warframe\Downloaded\, replace all.

Launch Warframe again on Epic, profit!

Warframe launcher still wants to download entire game. Any advice?

Hey DE, loving the skins, but I was toying around with the Drakgoon and I noticed the flight speed is lower while the skin is equipped than the Kuva Drakgoon. 

Not only that, but the commenter on my video pointed out that the stats themselves appear to change while the skins are equipped, I seemingly am able to confirm this, and checking the Kuva Ogris as well, this is also true. Is this a bug or are these intentional changes? I would hope that if the latter is true, then it's added to the descriptions of the skins or such. If not, I'm happy to help report a bug like this.

EDIT: Sorry to make additional posts, but I see that other people have already posted about the issue. I'll keep the post up to help in further documentation.

2 minutes ago, Thawfoot said:

yea in the Epic launcher go to store >warframe >addons you should see the pack there make sure to claim it.. for me i was able to claim it prior to the full game install /re~install.  But i didnt get the items.  I had to go back into epic store and re~claim it.

then i got it

@Madison

Ayy epic! thanks :D 

Just got my goodie bag, thanks DE! 

The skins look nice, you get a booster, and tomorrow we will get a syandana too. 

Free weapons if you didn't have them anymore with slots and potato so you can give it a spin with the new skins. If you already had them, free slots. Sweet deals! All I had to do was redownload Warframe.  

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I know right... haha! 

i sense sarcasm in that laughter....must be the sentients XD

On topic: I love that there are UT skins..i DESPISE having yet another download of warframe....even if im just going to uninstall it after i confirm the skins on active. we REALLY need a SINGLE install for all this stuff.....(steam tennogen.....) granted my reinstall of the EGS version was only 10 minutes....but still an unnecessary waste of time.

would be great to make the skins universal......a universal launcher skin (rockets), the drakoon is obvious in that it should be universal....and the shock rifle skin should also be a universal rifle skin....NOT weapon specific :\

BUT apparently there are a few bugs with the skins anyways so eh....

I haven't had a chance to read through this whole thread yet, but I thought I should share what's happening on my end to give a little more info.

After seeing the Epic bundle for Warframe, I decided to uninstall Warframe on Steam and reinstall it on Epic. I had an issue at first getting Warframe to install on Epic, but was able to get in to install by running Epic as Administrator. After Warframe finished reinstalling, though, Epic started acting a little weird. Whenever I start up Epic, the window will open and close rapidly several times before opening fully and running normally. When I try to receive the Unreal Tournament Weapon Bundle, though, the screen will close then open again. Any following attempts to receive the bundle will result in the message "Product Activation Failed! An error occurred processing your request, please try again. Error Code: E10-0"

Edit: I was doing some searching online to find potential fixes, and I found an article that said this: "If you’re running into the Epic Games Store 'Product Activision Failed' error, know that you’re not alone. With so many people trying to redeem free games on the store, the platform is struggling to handle the load and giving out errors. Epic Games Store Error Code E200-0 is one such result. To fix the “Product Activation Failed” error, you simply have to wait it out. The problem isn’t on your end, so there is little you can do to accelerate the process. Instead, you just have to wait patiently until the demand for the service decreases. Then you’ll be able to log in and claim free games for yourself." Essentially, it appears that this is an issue that a lot of people get when Epic puts out a free game that happens to be very popular (such as the free Grand Theft Auto 5 offer back in May). The only option is to wait it out.

41 minutes ago, Lessiem said:

Warframe launcher still wants to download entire game. Any advice?

This was also happening for me. Couldn't figure out why it wasn't detecting the files I copied over in the first place, but I noticed that it was downloading those same files in the "Downloaded" folder within the Epic Store version's directory. So I just copied my Warframe files into the "Downloaded" folder and it worked.

After that, the bundle didn't work for me but reclaiming it on the store and logging back in seems to have fixed it.

1 hour ago, Coby said:

we got a issue gamers edit: affects all other stats and reverts them to the default baby version stats but didn't see til I took the screenshots on my toasterunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

Yah my guns suck too when i put on the epic skins, i guess i'll cry, cya later epic gamers.

hace 15 minutos, ExcaliburUmbra dijo:

This was also happening for me. Couldn't figure out why it wasn't detecting the files I copied over in the first place, but I noticed that it was downloading those same files in the "Downloaded" folder within the Epic Store version's directory. So I just copied my Warframe files into the "Downloaded" folder and it worked.

After that, the bundle didn't work for me but reclaiming it on the store and logging back in seems to have fixed it.

Love you 😙

(I got some notifications on-screen, and then checked them which took me to the next page (From 4 to 5) of the thread, but that undid everything I typed! This isn't exactly the same, but I'll try to get it right, so bear with me)

I never got to try Unreal Tournament when I was younger, but from everything I've seen & heard, it sounds pretty good! There are a couple of questions I was wondering about @[DE]Rebecca, if you have a bit of time.

Briefly speaking, is it required to download Warframe onto a computer in order to claim the Unreal Bundle (I'm not sure if my fiancee's Dad would be ok with that or not, as the main computer we have at home is his, but I'll ask about it just in case) for a console account?

I just want to make sure that if it is the only way (Instead of only needing to receive a personal Promo Code to use on the Warframe website, as an example), that it will be claimed on my Switch account, instead of accidentally making a new PC account and having it go onto that.

• (Not quite related, but at one point I did have a second forum account issue occur, which [DE]Danielle helped resolve; Upon logging into the forums one day, my mobile app used the original version of my account, while my Switch and the computer used the accidental new forum account, long story; It wouldn't be good if it happened again, understandably)

Aside from that, after claiming it for the proper account would these weapon skins work for the Lich, etc. variants of the weapons?

(I wasn't sure when I first typed this, but after accidentally undoing my previous text and looking over the replies up to page 5, it looks like they do (However, the skins definitely shouldn't affect those weapons' stats like they seem to).)

Thanks for hearing me out on this! I'll keep an eye out for any updates on it :]

1 hour ago, Thawfoot said:

@vanaukas.. your right buddy...

DE has nothing to do with it... they are the best Developer/Publisher ever...

asking your player base if they want this item to download a 35g install is nothing any good developer wouldn't ask...

and your dead on about exclusivity PC get a few items  that are soon as they pass cert on to console..

But it doesnt seem to work the other way round

Yep it all volunteered no one forced me to do that... I wanted to .. I wanted the skins  so thats on me.

Also prior transfers have worked [steam to nitro} and it the same base files is it not?... just for what ever reason it didnt

Itsfine™

wtf dude, I just pointed out that your error with the launcher from epic games has nothing to do with DE adn that also every single "store" that offers warframe have exclusives, that's all. For most people worked the thing that didn't worked for you, send a ticket to epic games :)

15 minutes ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

Briefly speaking, is it required to download Warframe onto a computer in order to claim the Unreal Bundle (I'm not sure if my fiancee's Dad would be ok with that or not, as the main computer we have at home is his, but I'll ask about it just in case) for a console account?

I just want to make sure that if it is the only way (Instead of only needing to receive a personal Promo Code to use on the Warframe website, as an example), that it will be claimed on my Switch account, instead of accidentally making a new PC account and having it go onto that.

Pretty sure it won't work, because it uses a PC account, this is the same as using steam or the DE launcher, console accounts doesn't work with PC. The only way to get the items right now is having a PC account and downloading warframe on the EGS* and claiming the items for that account. Console players may need to wait, because Reb in this thread said:

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The Unreal Tournament Weapon Bundle is available to claim until December 24 at 11:59 p.m ET. For Tenno on console, we are hoping to make this bundle available on all platforms in the future!

14 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Pretty sure it won't work, because it uses a PC account, this is the same as using steam or the DE launcher, console accounts doesn't work with PC. The only way to get the items right now is having a PC account and downloading warframe on the EGS* and claiming the items for that account. Console players may need to wait, because Reb in this thread said:

https://forums.warframe.com/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=1239995&content_commentid=11965688

That's good to know, I appreciate it.

It'll be worth waiting for in that case :)

Archived