Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Man, those EGS exclusive skins...

KnossosTNC

Just saw them in the TGA stream. As someone who still fires up Unreal Tournament 2004 for a bot match every now and then, I'm a bit miffed. Especially that Stahlta Shock Rifle skin; that would have gone really well with my Nova Deluxe 2.

Sorry, just whining out loud.

I mean... I'm also a big Unreal fan.

So I just downloaded the Epic store launcher, and am installing an entire second copy of Warframe (Thankfully I have fast internet!)

Will of course promptly uninstall both once I have the ASMD skin :)

Just now, Yakhul said:

Already did this, but the bundle isnt in my inventory yet. You having the same issue? @Sevek7

Yup, all these "do X to obtain this new skin" things that DE run never work right off the bat. It will probably take a few days, most likely they just forgot to actually hook it up. 

4 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I hope they bring them to consoles soon, I don't even have one but the skins are so amazing that I really feel your pain

Wouldn't get your hopes up. Epic loves its exclusives to persuade people into their store. Just like Steam had its own set of skins consoles never saw.

5 hours ago, Firetempest said:

Wouldn't get your hopes up. Epic loves its exclusives to persuade people into their store. Just like Steam had its own set of skins consoles never saw.

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The Unreal Tournament Weapon Bundle is available to claim until December 24 at 11:59 p.m ET. For Tenno on console, we are hoping to make this bundle available on all platforms in the future!

I'm sniffing the possibility to make cross-save, since the main motive (acording DE staff) of nintendo, ms and sony not allowing croesssave is the loss on plat/skins purchasing that pay the hosting for the game on their servers. If epic manages to get a deal with the 3 companies (since warframe it's under their direct interest) we may be able to get, finally, cross-save at least. Obivously this is pure guessing, but since epic managed to get crossplatform on a lot of their games, I don't think this is too far from the reality

How about they develop and release Unreal Tournament 4? All they had to do is finish the basic content and let community to create rest of it - maps, player and weapon skins... UT creators are amazingly talented. But no. First they pulled the small team from UT4 project to develop Fortnite, then spat into Fortnite's founders faces by turning it into Battle-Royale-nite, now they are using UT4 weapon skins, developped with love for UT4, to bait people to install their launcher. Pass.

Just now, Hayrack said:

How about they develop and release Unreal Tournament 4? All they had to do is finish the basic content and let community to create rest of it - maps, player and weapon skins... UT creators are amazingly talented. But no. First they pulled the small team from UT4 project to develop Fortnite, then spat into Fortnite's founders faces by turning it into Battle-Royale-nite, now they are using UT4 weapon skins, developped with love for UT4, to bait people to install their launcher. Pass.

Do what smart people do.. download the launcher and game. Launch it once and then delete it and never think about it ever again.

10 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Do what smart people do.. download the launcher and game. Launch it once and then delete it and never think about it ever again.

I won't. The wound is forever open. I have no ill will towards  people who download and use those skins, it's just Epic Games and their nerve. Digital Extremes was involved in developping Unreal Tournament 2004, the reason I ever thought I should try playing Warframe.

13 minutes ago, Hayrack said:

Maybe they will still make UT4... once again collaborating with DE. Maybe this is a hint toward that? 

Anyways, I understand your pain, I feel you. I just don't let myself get that bothered by video games stuffs anymore. What Fortnite Save the World could have been... but it is what it is. 

14 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

I have an important question: I have my Steam account linked to Epic,
does that mean I can use my account with all it progress on Epic? 
If I get these weapons will I get them on my Steam account too? 
Or this is a brand new account and these skins will only be there? 

Yep, the PC account it's "multiplatform" like with their launcher and steam. Download the game, it will download the launcher, launch the game from the EGS, install (or do that thing about trnsfering the files from og launcher/steam over EGS warframe files, claim the items, log in, wait for the blue bar (up in your screen) to dissapear, log out, log in and they should be claimed. Uninstall or keep it, but I'm now on steam and everything is here.

9 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I'm not a fan of UT, but I just looked at the official screenshots of the skins.

And maaaaan... I'm not even mad that they're free on EGS, just extremely disappointed in DE.

Like, at least let steam users and those who use DE's launcher buy them for plat.

I don't understand why they should catter to every choice, they did it for free, it's up to each player if they want them or not. Game is 24 gb app and you don't even need to download it if you already have it. On the same logic, they should have tennogen access and steam exclusive skins too, wich makes no sense at all.

hace 5 minutos, vanaukas dijo:

Yep, the PC account it's "multiplatform" like with their launcher and steam. Download the game, it will download the launcher, launch the game from the EGS, install (or do that thing about trnsfering the files from og launcher/steam over EGS warframe files, claim the items, log in, wait for the blue bar (up in your screen) to dissapear, log out, log in and they should be claimed. Uninstall or keep it, but I'm now on steam and everything is here.

Ok, now this is Epic. *te-hee*
Thanks man

2 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

Ok, now this is Epic. *te-hee*
Thanks man

be aware that you are going to get* the syandanna with a hotfix, but if you already have the items claimed in your account it should appear in your account when it drops, doens't matter if you already deleted EGS version.

3 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Like, at least let steam users and those who use DE's launcher buy them for plat.

What possible reason could they have for doing that- or anyone have for going with that option- when downloading the Epic launcher takes less than 5 minutes, setting up the 'install' of Warframe takes however long your computer needs to copy the files over, then you can just launch the game once, shut it down as soon as you've logged in, uninstall the Epic launcher, and never think about it again?

I mean it's your money, throw it around however you like, but good god...

Archived