Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Man, those EGS exclusive skins...

KnossosTNC

45 minutes ago, Gemini_Jenvas said:

I got the launcher on epic and then linked my steam install to the epic warframe folders, so no redownloading the whole game. Works like a charm.

The skins are amazing and kinda make a lot of weapons in warframe look pretty bad in comparison.

This, these skins are fantastic looking and worth the very easy steps to get.

I don't even understand the complaints here... I was expecting more sensible complaints like, "It's too bad they are for specific weapons and not for a weapon type", or "that they are all primary weapons". Complaints for having to link or afk for a download seems more like you're all bots programmed to complain about anything. 

28 minutes ago, Arbalest2 said:

I don't even understand the complaints here... I was expecting more sensible complaints like, "It's too bad they are for specific weapons and not for a weapon type", or "that they are all primary weapons". Complaints for having to link or afk for a download seems more like you're all bots programmed to complain about anything. 

Agreed. 

Now I only have 1 more wish: allow the kuva ogris to load 3 rockets and shoot them simultaneously, to have the real feeling of the original rocket launcher of unreal tournament.

19 hours ago, EmberStar said:

And copying files around (or even redirecting programs to non-standard install folders) is actually way more technical than some people are comfortable with. 

Look, I know this wasn't the focus of your post, but I can't, in good conscience, not tell you how ridiculous that is. You copy the files from where they are into where Epic wants to put them. It is literally a small handful of button presses, and the most technical part is finding where to put the copies- which is made incredibly easy by everything being labeled. And redirecting the install is even easier because it eschews the entire first part of that, so all you have to do is follow the clearly-labeled folders in the dropdown menu it puts right in front of you. If that level of 'technical' makes you uncomfortable, I'm not sure why you're even using a computer.

1 hour ago, XRosenkreuz said:

Look, I know this wasn't the focus of your post, but I can't, in good conscience, not tell you how ridiculous that is. You copy the files from where they are into where Epic wants to put them. It is literally a small handful of button presses, and the most technical part is finding where to put the copies- which is made incredibly easy by everything being labeled. And redirecting the install is even easier because it eschews the entire first part of that, so all you have to do is follow the clearly-labeled folders in the dropdown menu it puts right in front of you. If that level of 'technical' makes you uncomfortable, I'm not sure why you're even using a computer.

I don't have any problem with it.  A)  It's well within my technical capacity, and B) I'd rather skinny dip in a barrel of rabid shrews than use the Epic Launcher in any case.  I know people who aren't even sure what computer files *are,* however, let alone how to move them around or manipulate them.  They use a computer just fine... as long as it can be done with default settings and requires no intervention on their part.

6 hours ago, Arbalest2 said:

As I openly admitted from the outset, I was just whining out loud. Installing another client, making an Epic account I intend to never use to buy anything with, installing another copy of Warframe. A bit of a chore. Would rather be using that time taking my new RTX 3070 for a spin in Control.

Still went through with it.

On 2020-12-11 at 2:48 AM, XRosenkreuz said:

What possible reason could they have for doing that- or anyone have for going with that option- when downloading the Epic launcher takes less than 5 minutes, setting up the 'install' of Warframe takes however long your computer needs to copy the files over, then you can just launch the game once, shut it down as soon as you've logged in, uninstall the Epic launcher, and never think about it again?

I mean it's your money, throw it around however you like, but good god...

How many people do you think used a throwaway email or fake data? He may be complaining about the technical side, but the people complaining about having to install anything from epic have other problems that aren't about "copying files".

rP466Kh.png

Unless you went full jason bourne, with that little install and uninstall they now have a valid e-mail, probably phone number, address, if using any of the other services possibly access to any other data that can be used to cross-identify you and spam the sh*t out of or sell. Not even including what the launcher may have gathered from your computer and phoned home.

It's actually impressive in the noon of social media profiling, personal data for profit, sensitive data leaks people still love shelling their data out to scummy companies well know for garbage practices or to the first shiny thing they see. But hey, normies keep on normying.

On 2020-12-11 at 2:08 AM, vanaukas said:

I don't understand why they should catter to every choice, they did it for free, it's up to each player if they want them or not. Game is 24 gb app and you don't even need to download it if you already have it. On the same logic, they should have tennogen access and steam exclusive skins too, wich makes no sense at all.

Dude, he is disappointed with everything that happens.

On 2020-12-12 at 1:40 AM, Sevek7 said:

My guess is they are doing this with a bunch of games. Loads of people will install their launcher and then uninstall an hour later after claiming their free stuff.

Then they'll collect their data, "Wow! X number of totally new downloads and new accounts within a single month!" They'll bring this to their investors, who will be overjoyed, and then invest more heavily. 

Business world sure is funny :D

Look man, Epic has users in their store, it isn't empty. Now their users can install Warframe and get free stuff - that's good for them. This will also bring some new players to Warframe - that's good for us, right?

15 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I'm a Fortnite Founder who hasn't played in years, what did they do? 

They pretty much abandonded the PvE part the moment BR got introduced a few months after Save the World was released. The last "proper" thing they did for the PvE part was the halloween event that year. Many of us said it wouldnt happen since they said BR was just a side project that wouldnt effect Save the World at all since it was handled by "another team" on their "spare time".

Archived