Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

loadout slots replacement for warframe slots maybe?

Burrow_me

This is probably gonna sound like a rant, and I know that I could probably trade a bunch of junk prime loot since it only costs 20p for a warframe slot but considering loadout slots especially for newer players are a bit useless since we can only have a limited amount of weapons and warframes, is it possible to "convince" the devs to maybe change it to warframe slots and weapon slots instead?

Idk if this thing has already been addressed, I just wanted to share my thoughts on it.

Edit: I played this back somewhere in the past years, left it alone for a few then came back, and I wasn't even that far into the game yet, so Idk what I can trade that other players will buy

1 minute ago, Firetempest said:

What? Where? In Mastery Rank rewards? That's the only place I can think of that would make some sense for this post.

As you rank mastery you unlock loadout slots. My guess would be he would like to change those for Warframe slots.

9 minutes ago, BahamutKaiser said:

Loadout slots are very limited and valuable. You can run several quick loadouts with the same equipment in different arrangements and different mods. 

they can also be bought with plat
they are the same

And I agree, for a new player a wf slot every 2-3 mastery ranks will be amazing, I don't know why isn't like that ...

Unlike loadout slots, which you can't even acquire enough of for each warframe until you get the windfall at rank 30, warframe slots can accidentally be over purchased. You may buy a slot, rank a frame, than vacate that slot for a prime variant. When you buy frames or get them through specials, you also get another slot, often for a frame you already have, allowing you to discard the duplicate frame and gaining a slot. 

There's a pretty hard cap on loadout slots, and as soon as you diversify your loadouts with various frames, you will swiftly realize there aren't half as many loadouts as frames. If your trying to exchange loadouts for warframe slots, your not using your loadouts effectively. 

Yeh, since I'm mostly a free to player, and haven't experienced everything yet I would like it to be atleast three warframe slots since I could have at least one additional slot for testing warframes and such, and also since it is limited to how much weapons and warframes having a large amount of loadout sots seems a bit useless for me at least.

Loadout slots are nice if you like to be organized, but hardly mandatory. I basically never use them, I just swap my warframes and weapons one by one as and when, it isnt a huge deal.

New players definitely need Warframe and Weapon slots to start though. I'd say at the very least the first 5 mastery ranks should give a warframe and weapon slot bundle. Not too much, to impact DEs income, but enough to give players just a little bit more convenience starting out.

Warframe slots should be a unique thing given out to players not something given for going up a level in MR. DE gave a free slot to start, gives 50 plat to go forth and buy whatcha like, and multiple times a free frame with a slot to use as well. 

Slots are kind of on the side of showing that you are vested in the game. If you are wanting free slots as you are a free player, find a free way to get them. Sell stuff that you got for free in the game to others. No way should you be wanting free slots as a vested played. Plat is streaming through the game and if you canno get 20 play a year, then stick to your free play way and wait til DE gives a frame again that you do not want. 

I swear 🤣

Am 11.12.2020 um 14:03 schrieb vegetosayajin:

they can also be bought with plat
they are the same

And I agree, for a new player a wf slot every 2-3 mastery ranks will be amazing, I don't know why isn't like that ...

I think you do know, you just said it - because they can be bought with plat. That’s the problem with free-to-play games - the acquisition of buyable things in game will never be just right, because everything being a bit too slow or a bit too rare is how the game makes money.

4 hours ago, Krankbert said:

I think you do know, you just said it - because they can be bought with plat. That’s the problem with free-to-play games - the acquisition of buyable things in game will never be just right, because everything being a bit too slow or a bit too rare is how the game makes money.

I'm not looking at it from the ftp model viewpoint, but as things are now both are the same in terms of acquisition, but wf slots are way way more valuable for new players.
For those who are a little into the game maybe will care about loadout slots (I personally don't care as much, I made 10-15 and I use only 2-3 of them...), but for new players who are starved for plat(don't know how to make it yet) and get new warframes once in a while(because they want to have it/try it at least) a free warframe slot will be many times more of value then a loadout slot.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb vegetosayajin:

I'm not looking at it from the ftp model viewpoint, but as things are now both are the same in terms of acquisition, but wf slots are way way more valuable for new players.
For those who are a little into the game maybe will care about loadout slots (I personally don't care as much, I made 10-15 and I use only 2-3 of them...), but for new players who are starved for plat(don't know how to make it yet) and get new warframes once in a while(because they want to have it/try it at least) a free warframe slot will be many times more of value then a loadout slot.

Hence why you don't get free warframe slots.

On 2020-12-13 at 5:50 AM, Burrow_me said:

Yeh, since I'm mostly a free to player, and haven't experienced everything yet I would like it to be atleast three warframe slots since I could have at least one additional slot for testing warframes and such, and also since it is limited to how much weapons and warframes having a large amount of loadout sots seems a bit useless for me at least.

Well, here's a thing. You CAN'T have the cake and eat it...
Warframe already gives you 50 free plat, which is enough for 2 weapon slots, a warframe  slot and you still get some extra. You can also trade stuff for more plat.
I can tell you this, in my first 6 months, i maxed out ALL warframes in the game, enough weapons to get me to MR19-20, and i bought like the minimum plat once with the discount. (Since then i've bought thousands and thousands of plat, but that's not the point).

I did have to farm a ton, and grind for Ayatans (which sold a bit better back then) and Primes. Now you can also sell Rivens for a LOT MORE plat than i ever managed to sell stuff for.
But you have to work for it.

Loadout slots have a hard cap (i think double the number of unlocks from mastery, not sure, i'm not ingame) even with platinum. While Warframe slots you can buy infinetly, and you can also just free slots by selling unused warframes (i always swap my normals with primes).

You can already obtain warframe slots from Nightwave, platinum, every time they offer warframes through twitch, tennocon, etc. Could the starting slots be a couple more? Sure, i'll give you that. But its not impossible to get them without having to spend money in the game (something you should do to support the developers anyway), what is impossible is to have everything without spending the time, effort or money to obtain them. You have to pick, either you want the free platinum, then you have to grind for it, or you want the quick reward, which means poney up a bit of money and buy some plat. And honestly, its not even that hard, wait till you get a 75% discount, buy 1000 plat for like 10€, and you have enough plat to secure yourself enough slots to go by for a while.

Archived