Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orb Vallis coildrive capture

Geckobut

In the mission on Vallis where you have to trap the coildrive and defend it, I notice that sometimes, a different coildrive will come by and destroy the defend target in one cycle of attacks. I assume this is a bug, but maybe theres something I'm missing? Even on the lowest level bounties the enemy coildrives do an absurd amount of damage and I can't think of any way to keep them away. I havent played in a while, but I know coildrives didnt used to hit this hard. Seems like a really weird change to make, especially in low level environments (lvl 5-15 bounty).

I also did a few of those bounties,even through mesa`s shatter shield with 95% damage reduction from projectiles,it does a good amount of damage in even 10-30 level,i straight up either destroy it in lower levels with rapid fire or in higher levels (30+)i just jump with my shatter shield luring its fire away from the defense target (hacked coildrive)

But is it a bug? The reason I'm doing the low level bounties is because I want to level a weak frame and weapons, I don't want to have to take a high level weapon with me for a level 5 bounty. Just seems like a really bizarre feature if it isn't a bug. I was running a 10-30 level bounty today, and a coildrive came by, killing my max level oberon prime and the defense target at the same time. Is there a way to deter them maybe? Or just hope for a fix?

I have been doing bounties a lot recently and have noticed this happen many times. I am far enough is the game where I have an insane Rubico Prime build and can normally destroy the coil drives, but you still have to be careful and even have to look to make sure one is not coming before you hack the coildrive because sometimes it will hit it when I am hacking then I fail the mission. It is easier with a group because you can all look out for it and all shoot it if necessary. I have not done testing on what is needed to take one down but I imagine this could be problematic for players that are relatively new and just got to orb vallis and can't find a ground to do the bounties with. 

In my mind there are two ways this could possibly be improved:

If you want this mechanic to remain in the game and which might be easiest because you wouldn't have to change any code of how objects already function you can leave it as is but maybe if this specific mission is underway and there is a coil drive approaching that is not the target Eudico could appear on the side and say "Watch out for the coildrive coming right at our target!" Or something along those lines so that the player is aware if they are hacking or need more time to shoot it.

The Other option is making it so this situation would not happen. Maybe make it so the coildrives simply can't do deal damage to eachother or not having them approach the designated area at all. 

Additionally I have not done enough steal path bounties to run into it there yet, but considering that the vehicles also scale with the level of the bounty I can imagine it being a very rough time without specific warframe synergies. I will test it in steal path and leave another response in the future.

The amount of damage those things can dish out is absurd. I've been doing some last minute T5 bounties in the Vallis for the Ember relic and the Coildrives can easily nuke the little drone you have to defend in seconds. I think I saw it go down in 3 or 4 chunks, 2 for the shield and then 1 or 2 on the health.

To a lesser degree this is also an issue with the dropship turrets. If the bounty stage includes defending some object, these two vehicles will in general do by far the most amount of damage.

I consider them way too overtuned.

This is definitely a bug since Deimos dropped a month ago.  Coildrives now fire way too many laser beams simultaneously very quickly. It's like they now have high fire rate + multishot + AOE explosion per hit. They will obliterate tanky frames or whatever you are defending during a bounty 5 in about 3 seconds. If you're defending that hacked coildrive or a drone and you see a hostile coildrive appear at the horizon, you are very likely going to either fail the bounty or at the very least lose the Bonus reward since their health will be reduced way below 75%.

Only way I can deal with them for now on bounty 4-5 is by using an invisible frame and to immediately operator dash toward them so my Arcane Lockdown stops them for a few secs so I can safely destroy them before they reach my defense target or kill me.  At bounty 3 and lower, their health is low enough to destroy them quickly before they start firing. 

Another method is to use Amesha archwing's 2 (Benevolent Decoy), they will most of the time actually target that instead of you or the defense target.  Don't create it too close to the target since you have to remember the coil drive lasers have an AOE explosion range. But you have to make sure to not get shot down at all since all AW abilities dissappear when you are not actively using it. Amesha's 1 (watchful swarm) does NOT protect you from being 1-shot off your archwing.

For dropships, I use any weapon that auto-locks on all enemies.  Kuva Nukor, Atomos, Proboscis Cernos, etc.  Fire those at the body and both the turrets will get destroyed, alongside whoever is still inside.  AOE explosive weapons work too.

Yesterday i was doing a vallis bounty,coildrive capture stage,it was going well,another coildrive came but targeted me thankfully,it obliterated half my health through mesa`s shatter shield and adaptation(mod),also the bounty was lvl 10-30 and the coildrive was level 13,That is a lot of damage to be done even by a level 30 enemy,a level 13 enemy doing that is just absurd,this need to be looked into and be fixed/changed

Hey,

Somehow i can't relate at all to what you guys are describing,i do litteraly all bounties (all maps) with a well built Rhino (energy siphon aura, armor and stength) since it's the easiest thing i've got on my hands so survivability is no issue at all no matter the bountie's level, i usually use Ignis as my primary (i suck at aiming) and a godly guandao (max range  = extreme laziness lol)

As for the coildrive defense mission the only problem i had was stealthy Ospreys hitting the target or those hatefull jumping MOAs but that was solved once i built Amesha <3, otherwise, i found it usefull to be proactive towards incoming coildrives, meaning you have to keep your eyes on both sides of the road, either you are already near either extremity of the road then it's all done or once you see it coming, equip your archwing (keybind it so it's done faster), teleport forward, and attack that coildrive, it litteraly gets scared, drops the corpus it's holding, makes a 90° turn, and runs for it's life. There was this once where i missed the coildrive until it got near me and started firing but i had Amesha's #1 & #2 active so no real damage done

PS: the only time a coildrive messed up my mission was on a thermia fracture that was near the road (never picked that spot again, ever), it came and went away so fast nobody understood what happened until the cannister was destroyed 

Archived