Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Way to Not Install The Game Twice to Get Skins?

Raso719

I've had Warframe though Steam forever, though not from the very start. I have the Epic Store so I can play Mechwarrior 5.... that's kinda it's purpose for me. Like the butter robot from Rick and Morty.

Anyway, I don't want to install the game twice for the new skins. Is there a way to, like, trick Epic into launching the Steam version or something?  Like, can't I just link my Epic account like I did with Steam?

It's just skins, so if it's not worth the hassle I'll not lose any sleep.

2 minutes ago, Raso719 said:

Anyway, I don't want to install the game twice for the new skins. Is there a way to, like, trick Epic into launching the Steam version or something?  Like, can't I just link my Epic account like I did with Steam?

I think there's several threads on reddit that tell you how to do that. They involve a bit of informatics magics, but I trust that you'll manage.

3 minutes ago, Maqabir said:

I just selected the Steamapps Warframe install folder as the install destination and all I had to download was the updates.

Really? This works? I need to try this. I already installed the game again, but I'm afraid of deleting it in case they add more "epic exclusive" shenanigans. 

I had thought of doing this, but I thought it would still be 2x the data being stored. Does it use the same files?

If could just use the same install folder that would be great.

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Really? This works? I need to try this. I already installed the game again, but I'm afraid of deleting it in case they add more "epic exclusive" shenanigans. 

I had thought of doing this, but I thought it would still be 2x the data being stored. Does it use the same files?

If could just use the same install folder that would be great.

The only small hitch i've noticed is that if I launch the game on Steam and then try to launch it on Epic again it forces me to verify the install, but that takes mere seconds,

31 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

add one small detail of 7 day affinity booster to the list too

Wow, the slots and booster sound way more than just skins. I can see how this might be nice for new players creating their first account... but re-downloading the game?

Whatever, I will give Epic a pass (and I might actually install their store out of support) because they're fighting Apple and Google's exclusive mobile app stores as a monopoly/anti-competitive practice... and that is something I definitely support!

3 hours ago, Maqabir said:

I just selected the Steamapps Warframe install folder as the install destination and all I had to download was the updates.

When I try to do that it wants to create another Warframe folder inside the Steamapps Warframe folder ... and then it wants to download the entire game.

3 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Nope, don't try

Unless you want your data stolen by epic game

and why would that be a problem? if its tencent, warframe actually is majorly owned by them already, epic games isnt. 

and if you think your data is not getting "stolen" the second you step online, you dont know enough.

vor 24 Minuten schrieb Zeclem:

and why would that be a problem? if its tencent, warframe actually is majorly owned by them already, epic games isnt. 

and if you think your data is not getting "stolen" the second you step online, you dont know enough.

nothing in the game can really be stolen. because that doesn't belong to me. if you are not too lazy, you can reread the agreement. servers can be switched offline at any time and then at the latest, everything is gone.

As in the introduction, I copied warframe data into their folder, fetched everything and uninstalled this pointless laucher. from ssd to sdd it takes less than a minute.

17 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

nothing in the game can really be stolen. because that doesn't belong to me. if you are not too lazy, you can reread the agreement. servers can be switched offline at any time and then at the latest, everything is gone.

As in the introduction, I copied warframe data into their folder, fetched everything and uninstalled this pointless laucher. from ssd to sdd it takes less than a minute.

i dont think you responded to the correct comment. or you dont understand how broad "data" can be.

Archived