Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are A Sizable Group Of People Just Going For The Battlepay Rewards?

Mak_Gohae

The original theory why the Grineer are winning this event is that the first few rewards were item vs creds leaning towards the Grineer. So people just picked Grineer and stuck with them. But with the couple of recent battles where it's item vs creds leaning towards the Corpus we can see that those are looking like wins for the Corpus.

So this brings up some questions.

Is there a large enough group of people that are just going for the battle pay rewards not knowing anything about the other rewards?

Did the weekend people just show up and they are all Corpus?

Are the 50/51 people now on their second 50 and they are leaning Corpus?

Mostly everyone is doing 50/51. It's the safest way to gain from this event. Pick up all the potatoes or whatever you need, regardless the faction. In the end, side with everyone else and win 2 weapon slots and 2 supercharged weapons. I mean, why wouldn't you? Lore? Sorry, but I'm not just gonna "be loyal" to a side when we've really had 0 lore up until this event. Whoever offers me the best battle pay is who I play the 5 missions for then I keep it balanced by doing 5 of the opposite faction on a different mission.

Also: Note that I am only doing 5 missions for the Battle Pay. No more than that (unless I need to balance out my mission count). Other than that, I'm letting the die hard lore guys battle it out.

Edited by TheSphynx

Mostly everyone is doing 50/51. It's the safest way to gain from this event. Pick up all the potatoes or whatever you need, regardless the faction. In the end, side with everyone else and win 2 weapon slots and 2 supercharged weapons. I mean, why wouldn't you? Lore? Sorry, but I'm not just gonna "be loyal" to a side when we've really had 0 lore up until this event. Whoever offers me the best battle pay is who I play the 5 missions for then I keep it balance by doing 5 of the opposite faction on a different mission.

too late for me... I ran almost 90 on one faction......... :l

Its highly likely that a large portion of people are playing only for the battle pay rewards. Which is ruining the event tbh, the battle pay rewards either should have been hidden until the node was over, or not have it all.

I'm pretty sure most people are playing for rewards. It's hard to say no when there's a free potato right there, and another here, then three more after that plus Forma and free clan resources.

I dont have a problem if people just go for rewards, what im worried about is people doing this not knowing about the other reward offered and their requirements. Because if they end up not getting some items because they didnt know...... the cry about that is going to be tremendous.

not sure why picking would be so important.

both factions are douchebags and we have no info on the event rewards aside of looking at their base variants and nothing on the new stuff, which both seem to be just faction based variants of the other. and thats just a guess.

worry less and just do whatever you like. its always this way when a large enough group. its completely out of your hands.

Lol, lore in this game is inexistant. So what if Grineer or Corpus wins? My character is unaffected. New players get a new Tenno character... Stop kidding yourself with fellow tennos dying; they're just inactive because of lack of real endgame. Just in for the goodies.

However it's true that there should be more ingame info about this. Not everyone likes to lurk forums.

I dont have a problem if people just go for rewards, what im worried about is people doing this not knowing about the other reward offered and their requirements. Because if they end up not getting some items because they didnt know...... the cry about that is going to be tremendous.

The announcement for the event is on the top left of the main screen in-game. They can easily click it to open up the event page and view the rewards. It's also on the front page of the Warframe site. If they don't bother to check for more details on the event, then they cannot blame DE for not putting it out there. :\

They could implement an in-game popup or event tab that provides all information on the event, but even then you'd have people complaining.

Diary entry #14 , 26th of October
It's been day's now, month's or perhaps these endless sessions of grinding have eluded time from my grasp of understanding.
The smell of sour milk choking my every sense, bowls of meals eaten the day before and the day after continuously piling up. I don't remember the last time I took a break from grinding, how did I end up seated in this position... What is this "other life" my fellow Tenno brethren speak of. I cannot waste a precious moment away from this war... We've come so far and lost so many to stop now.
All I know... all I need to know is I was born for one purpose, when I awoke from my Orokin pod and the voice of my heavenly mother filled my head for the first time. I knew exactly why I had been spared from the Infestation virus.
My mind grows weaker with everyday, the two worlds I once knew separate, now meshed together. Grineer and Corpus will stop at nothing to have me believe this is a game... no... this battle determines the fate of the universe. I will erode away long before I give into this deception...

Grineer and Corpus scum... I'm coming for you.

At this stage I have lost a lot of interest, so yes, I played according to the reward offered.

In fact I had not followed this to the point I honestly thought you received the reward after a single mission.

I have limited time to play, so it takes time to get a single reward. I got two that that was all.

I did not read any back story and have no idea if this somehow fits into the lore of the game, but I figure I will be back to killing the side I played on in a day or two. Makes little sense.

Edited by Fiia

Mostly everyone is doing 50/51. It's the safest way to gain from this event. Pick up all the potatoes or whatever you need, regardless the faction. In the end, side with everyone else and win 2 weapon slots and 2 supercharged weapons. I mean, why wouldn't you? Lore? Sorry, but I'm not just gonna "be loyal" to a side when we've really had 0 lore up until this event. Whoever offers me the best battle pay is who I play the 5 missions for then I keep it balanced by doing 5 of the opposite faction on a different mission.

Also: Note that I am only doing 5 missions for the Battle Pay. No more than that (unless I need to balance out my mission count). Other than that, I'm letting the die hard lore guys battle it out.

I'd count myself as one of those 50/51 and I have to say that is actually (especially!) from a lore point of view the thing that makes the most sense to me - given the information we have.

If it is an narrative device (can you say that? Not sure about correct term) or not: at the moment it is a fact that the Tenno have absolutely no idea what consequences come from their actions. There are two sides, both wanting to use us as pawns in their game. Sure, one could gamble and trust one side, but what reason have they ever given us to do so?

However, it seems kinda clear that both parties wanting our help now will be enimies in the long run, so why strengthen one future enemy in particular? And not only that but also taking care of those forces who balance things out - the overall symmetry of power or whatever.

My simple conclusion: Take advantage of the situation, weaken both sides equally, grab their ressources and supplies in the most efficient way. I don't like being played with.

Am I seriously the ONLY person who prefers the credits over the potatoes?

20 platinum for a potato and 150000 credits sounds pretty damn decent to me.

It's different when your a GM with 5k plat.

Nevertheless, GRINEER ALL THE WAY. SAVE THE TENNO.

I think it's safe to say that when one side offers a potato and the other doesn't the side offering the potato will win.

When there are no potatos up for grabs, Grineer seems to be winning more often.

Yeah we know this but i am asking how does this happen.

Does everyone playing the game just do five mission and then steps away or is there a group that fights like mad to make sure a side wins.

Originally I planned to stick with Corpus all the way, but I've really stopped caring now. DE screwed up the rewards system, both in terms of battle pay and the final event rewards, and now the entire event is skewed.

I'm just going to play for whoever has the best battlepay and try to get a 50/50 score until the very end, at which point i'll probably just do Grineer. Their gun looks like sh*t literally and I hate it, but the free slot and potato to help with the mastery farming will be SOMETHING, at least.