Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 29.5.8

[DE]Rebecca

13 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

You do know that Tencent owns Leyou and by extension Digital Extremes, right? 🤦‍♀️

This isn't even new news.

You may also have read Warframe's privacy policy and discovered that they do basically the same.

Reveal hidden contents

We also collect a variety of information from you automatically as a result of you using our services and through your interactions on our websites. Some of this information is collected anonymously while at other times it is collected and associated with other information you’ve already provided. In cases where this information is linked to your account information, or if the info collected can be used to trace back to a specific person, then we consider this information to be personal data. Here are examples of information what is collected automatically when you use our services:

• IP address
  • Geographic location information
  • Device information related to how you engage with our services
  • In-game behaviors and progression stats
  • Event data related to how your account information is modified or updated over time.
  • Transactional data around virtual currency purchases and in-game purchases
  • Advertising referral information when you sign up using one of our partner's ad campaigns.
  • Cookie data regarding how you engage with our websites (see “Which Cookies we or third parties use” section below)

https://www.warframe.com/privacy

It's almost like this is normal.

You know, I don't think that word thinks what you think it means.  Let me repeat it again.  READ.

https://www.warframe.com/privacy

To quote, because you seem incapable of reading anything:

WITH YOUR CONSENT

We will share your information with our partners when we have obtained your consent to do so. We will inform you about our respective partners, the purpose of the data transfer and its legal basis in detail prior to obtaining your consent.

ANALYTICS PARTNERS

We may share your information with our analytics partners (such as Google Analytics) in order to help us perform analysis on user behavior and better understand our players. The information being shared is typically anonymous.

MARKETING PARTNERS

We may share your information with some of our marketing partners (such as Facebook) in order for us to better serve ads to existing and future players.

OUR SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES

We may share your information with our subsidiary (Digital Extremes US Inc.) or our parent company (Leyou Technologies Holdings Limited) in order to satisfy a legal or regulatory obligation, or to assist in our processing responsibilities.

LEGAL OR OTHER PURPOSES

We may share your information with law enforcement, government agencies and regulators in circumstances which may be required by law, or to defend our legal rights, or to protect your vital interests or those of another person.

Third-party links
Our websites contain links to third-party websites. Once you have been redirected to other websites, any information you provide is subject to said-third party websites’ Privacy Policy.

HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION

Your information is protected by technical and organizational security measures appropriate to the nature of the information being collected. Only trained Digital Extremes employees have access to personal information and abide by our procedures and protocols.

DATA RETENTION

In general, data is retained only as long as your account is active or as required through obligations relating to the operation of our business (bookkeeping, fraud prevention, and legal requirements).

YOUR RIGHTS

RIGHT OF ACCESS

You have the right to view a copy of the personal data we store on you free of charge.

RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION

At any time you can update your Account Information by logging in to your account profile on our website. If for whatever reason you believe the personal information we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete and requires changes, please notify us through our Support page or by using the “How to contact us” section below.

What is the point of quoting these things?  Well, let's bullet point so you can understand.

• Information collected can be used to sell us things in-game, but not to sell us things outside it.
  • DE agrees that they require our consent to share things
  • They will share information with the parent company regarding legal or regulatory obligations, but not otherwise
  • You can ask to be erased, and never play the game again.  Epic has literally no mechanism for this, unless you're in the EU and jump through a lot of hoops
  • So, DE gets my data and I'm fine because they have mechanisms to keep it internal, I'm not fine with Epic because their goal is to sell it while selling to you

So....again....you've made a mockery of the original point, and done the BS white knight defense of making a separate topic tangentially related the focus of your non-defense of a non-point.  I swear, it's like watching a person lick lead paint samples while chugging draino.

Back on point, Epic can and will use my data as a marketing tool.  They have limited provisions about anonymity of the data shared.  They have a much broader agreement regarding what they share, and with who.  Most importantly, this is tangential to how bad the Epic store sucks compared to GOG, Steam, and even the bass-ackwards mess of the Bethesda launcher mess.  When Bethesda can offer you a more fully furnished store, while flogging community developed content for the price of full scale expansion packs, then you've officially decided to suck so hard that the chrome on bumpers should be wary.

11 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

Blah blah blah

You realize that the "with your consent" bit is a bullet point, right?

How we share your information:

• With your Consent
  • Platform partners and payment providers
  • Service partners
  • Support partners
  • Analytics partners
  • Marketing partners
  • Our subsidiaries and affiliates
  • Legal and other purposes

Which is no different from EGS.

(2) Sharing

• Service Providers.
  • Affiliates.
  • Marketing Partners.
  • Epic Games Store Partners.
  • Epic Account Services.
  • Social Features.
  • [Legal reasons and law enforcement]

4 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

You realize that the "with your consent" bit is a bullet point, right?

Which is no different from EGS.

Obviously, it's reading and comprehension that aren't your forte.

https://www.epicgames.com/site/en-US/privacypolicy

When You Interact with Epic on Third Party Services

When you interact with Epic on a website or app not controlled by Epic, that website or app may allow Epic access to certain information about you. For example, social networks may provide us with information from your profile on their services or other information that you agreed the social network or other party could provide to us.

When You Use Social Features of the Epic Services

When you choose to use some of the Epic services’ social features, you allow Epic to receive information about you from third parties (like social networks). Our social features promote and facilitate interaction among players, such as by allowing you and your friends to work together to meet a shared challenge presented by our game or application. You may be able to use these features to find out if your friends are actively playing the game and using the feature, to find out if they used it in the past, and to invite them to join with you to meet a game challenge.

If you choose to use one of our social features, you may be asked to log into a social network through our game or application. The social network may then provide Epic with information such as your social network user ID, your profile picture, and the user IDs and profile pictures of your connections.

Translated to English.  We get to scrape your data from literally anything that is somehow anywhere near your Epic account.  

Further, they define that they can do basically whatever they want with the scraped data:

Affiliates. We may share personal information we collect with Epic Games, Inc. subsidiaries to support the Epic services worldwide. 

Marketing Partners. We may share certain limited information, such as device identifiers, with marketing partners for purposes of executing and optimizing campaigns, and gauging the effectiveness of advertising and other marketing strategies solely on Epic's behalf.

Epic Games Store Partners. If you purchase a game from the Epic Games Store, we may share certain information associated with your Epic account with the game’s developer or publisher to support your gameplay and permit them to contact you for appropriate purposes. For example, to support gameplay we may share your Epic account ID and entitlement to the game. To support in-game social features we may also share your Epic display name and your Epic friends list. You may also opt-in to share your contact information with a game’s developer or publisher.

I know that this is a lot to read, but you've already demonstrated that you don't understand words.  If I had one sentence to get this across, it would be as follows.  The difference between data DE collects and shares is the difference between knowing you address and knowing your social security number, blood type, and having a genetic profile.

Maybe you're fine with them literally allowed to scrape anything and sell it to anyone.  I suggest that is stupid.

I'm not happy that DE has player data on me, but it's a necessary evil.  

Let's fix the above comic.  When Google walks in, it's carrying a tracker band.  It asks you to wear it to record your location, so it can provide a rough estimate that you're at the office and thus working.  TikTok comes in, and it carries a plethora of medical devices and stamped envelopes to all local businesses.  The difference is scope and scale, scraping of any relevant side data, and the statement that it will be shared.

2 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

Translated to English.

"We collect data when you connect us to your Facebook account". And? So what?

2 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

For example, social networks may provide us with information from your profile on their services or other information that you agreed the social network or other party could provide to us.

😱

master_of_destiny  &  PublikDomain you both have kept me busy reading the walls of text. :tongue:

Haha to do anything in this world you need to agree to give away your first born.

If you disagree you may as well not have wanted to get thing you wanted in the first place.

They could say we will use your computer as a bot-net and you'd have to agree if you really really wanted to play that game, not that I would but seriously who reads the full privacy policy and just clicks Agree. :tongue:

8P3eLT0.gif

11 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

master_of_destiny  &  PublikDomain you both have kept me busy reading the walls of text. :tongue:

Haha to do anything in this world you need to agree to give away your first born.

If you disagree you may as well not have wanted to get thing you wanted in the first place.

They could say we will use your computer as a bot-net and you'd have to agree if you really really wanted to play that game, not that I would but seriously who reads the full privacy policy and just clicks Agree. :tongue:

8P3eLT0.gif

You can't pay for this kind of entertainment :)

Please take your time with Lavos. This is one of the best frame concepts you've come up with, don't rush things and screw him up. Make him good, try to make all his abilities worth using, try to make sure his kit isn't missing anything, and make sure everything comes together real nicely. Basically, try to make him super solid like Nezha is right now.

6 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

Translated to English.  We get to scrape your data from literally anything that is somehow anywhere near your Epic account.  

Further, they define that they can do basically whatever they want with the scraped data:

(Quote cropped for brevity)

This is why I use more than half a dozen different aliases, often with fake names in the profile, across different services, and why don't have a Twitter or Facebook account.

Hell, I don't even have a cell phone. I'm only just now considering getting one, with the advent of FOSS or semi-FOSS smartphones like the Pinephone and Librem 5. I'm also working out how and where I might be able to obtain reliable, disposable numbers for SMS confirmation and the like. I have a Pi-hole on my main network DNS sinkholing trackers and ads on every computer connected to the network. This is the new internet, and we're probably stuck with it.

Like it or not, it's now up to us to guard our own data. Ideally these things should be regulated, and activities like mass data scraping should be banned and punished harshly, but that's not the world we live in. We live in a world where corporate entities command everything up to nations via money and influence. They regulate us rather than the other way around, so the only way to beat this is to route around it. If a game company embraces the larger corporate power structure, it now has to be viewed as an untrustworthy entity, as anything you do around them is going to be scraped and end up in a massive database of another company, then seeded out to all their partners.

The most simple thing to take away from this is the following: Get off social media. This is the big cesspool. Delete your accounts, remove all your data. Make new accounts if you have to, but maybe use a VPN, if you can afford it (I really can't, but if you can, it's worth investing in one). Most importantly, use many identities to obfuscate data collection.

There's much more you can do, though. They leave no stone unturned: So become the stones. Use crypto technologies, embrace the incoming decentralized net, use (and if you can, create) software that is secure, private and anonymous, and most importantly, because they buy our governments, embrace anything that by nature can't be easily regulated, things that by nature are akin to a hundred headed hydra.

It's very Tenno like when you think about it. Be like wind. Be like water. Become one with the signal. :)

4 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

"We collect data when you connect us to your Facebook account". And? So what?

😱

One: Our store is so absolute and utter crap that we need you to link social media accounts to have conversations with friends.

Two: Because of this, we basically force you to give us your social media, and that of your associates, just to be on the platform.

Three: We are literally incapable of doing what Steam and EA have for the last 5+ years....and longer...and are buying your participation by paying for game exclusivity.

So the conversation loops back to the beginning, which you still seem too hell bent to get.  I'm not participating.  If you want to, fine.

I don't want a Chinese company to have direct links to any of my social media.  Epic is Facebook, only they've got an in-market competitor that sucks less because of apathy.  Valve is sitting behind a pile of money, because they maintain a platform and pull a reasonable fee from every sale.  That's apathy borne of unimaginable success, that they will continue to see as long as they don't do something stupid.  Epic is on the other end.  They're trying to buy the success with lawsuits, exclusivity, and a store that is somehow worse than Bethesda.  

In the event that you missed it, I have no deep and abiding love of DE.  I call them out on their crap, and give them praise when things work.  They've historically done things right when it comes to data.  Epic has not...and the sudden push is something that should be commented upon.

Now, on the other side.  You still don't understand a VPN.  You've demonstrated that you're willing to install a store linking to social media, and that's all fine.  You've also stated that this is standard practices, so it's fine.  I want to say that you're just ignorant of how things really work....but this seems more malicious.  This is your invitation to have the final word, because I know you want it.  My only remaining comment is that sometimes you have to let the  slow child stick that fork into the electrical socket, because they're damned sure it won't hurt them as long as they do it just so.  Please, just let me laugh when things finally come back around.  When DE forces a new data policy, in-line with Epic.  I pray they don't, but the day they do is the day I uninstall.  It's also the day that this game dies finally, because there's no coming back from selling out that hard and still trying to claim to be the little indie developer that could.

3 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

One: Our store is so absolute and utter crap that we need you to link social media accounts to have conversations with friends.

Two: Because of this, we basically force you to give us your social media, and that of your associates, just to be on the platform.

Three: We are literally incapable of doing what Steam and EA have for the last 5+ years....and longer...and are buying your participation by paying for game exclusivity.

Funny, I've never had to link anything on their storefront? No billing information, address, social media, nothing. They thought I lived in South Africa. They wanted me to pay them in South African Rand.

Anyways, this back and forth has probably gone on for long enough so let's end it here. Epic is a bad company with terrible products and questionable business practices led by a CEO that's kind of a self-important dipweed. It's fine not to like them, I sure don't! There's plenty of reasons not to like the company and plenty of reasons not to use their products. But spending this much time writing an essay to DE's "corporate handlers" about them is kind of irrational, especially when the guy you've been spending all this time responding to is clearly taking the piss. I'm not sure what Epic has done to offend you to this degree, but it's probably healthier to stop fixating on them and just let it go.

3 hours ago, XaoGarrent said:

This is why I use more than half a dozen different aliases, often with fake names in the profile, across different services, and why don't have a Twitter or Facebook account.

snip

I do the same fake names birthdays lots of different emails setup, each password is unique to the place I sign up.

I have Twitter and Facebook but they're setup with fake credentials as well, I don't use them just incase I need to view stuff logged in.

Spoiler

Probably makes no difference all the above but makes me feel better, anything to make more work for the spying ba%$^$&s

zQdpo.jpg

Am 11.12.2020 um 20:27 schrieb Amoral_Support:

Sounds like you wanna take a *Path* to harder enemies to test your *Steel*. 

🤔

Steel path enemies are what i am talking about, the + health and armor are NOTHING compared to the old scaling which was exponentially, enemies were able to get close to 2 billion HP , now you get like 400k or less on the same enemies,aside from that armor got changed aswell, if you have no idea about how the old scaling worked please dont comment on my posts. A level 180 heavy gunner in the old scaling is harder to kill than a level 500 STEEL PATH heavy gunner now 

4 hours ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

Steel path enemies are what i am talking about, the + health and armor are NOTHING compared to the old scaling which was exponentially, enemies were able to get close to 2 billion HP , now you get like 400k or less on the same enemies,aside from that armor got changed aswell, if you have no idea about how the old scaling worked please dont comment on my posts. A level 180 heavy gunner in the old scaling is harder to kill than a level 500 STEEL PATH heavy gunner now 

Oh im aware of how the old scaling worked lol, ive been playing since Plains dropped.  Seriously though, with the old scaling we had different tools. We could fully strip armor in the past far easier than we can now. However we have viral procs now which is arguably stronger. If we went back to old armor scaling i doubt it would be any harder.  Bullet sponges dont improve the game. If you want the warframe equivalent of a pine cone catheterization then as I said,  Steel Path exists.

Also what is this dont comment on my posts bullsh*t? Ill comment however i like lol. If you cant take a little gentle trolling i think thats more of a you problem fam :3.

8 hours.  3.5 on the tier 3 vault, and 4.5 on the tier 2 vault.  That is how long it took me to obtain one each of the parts for the warfan and sniper.  

In that time I managed to earn more than 80 scintillant (double resource booster from the daily rewards, so in excess of 40 drops).  I have a plethora of the new arcanes (30 over 7 unique ones).  I've got enough Necramech mods now to equip two people fully....because the drop rates are some utterly wonky numerical values.  I've also now got more than 2500 spare mother tokens, and no reason to spend a single one unless they can be converted into a grandmother token.

I want to make this clear, none of the above is a brag, or even a positive.

Now, let's discuss,  This is a weird situation.  If it was this way when Deimos launched you'd have had a clear double path to getting what you wanted.  You have to grind isolation vaults for content, and you have to grind regular Deimos bounties for Xaku.  I'm not a huge fan of the faux choice, but having to do both would always have rewarded you in currency that could be used to benefit the Deimos experience as a whole.  Unfortunately, it's months after release.  The difficulty in getting scintillant is over, the need to grind Mother is over, and the only reason to even engage with these vaults is the need for another bad RNG item to drop.   It's becoming a rather sad state of affairs, as the only reason to engage is a crappy drop rate.  I will say though, it was so much worse at launch that it isn't funny.

Let me offer some changes, that might make me reconsider dropping this content the second that I have the last of the mech mods and the single mech weapon part I still need.  

1. Separate Tier 1, 2, and 3 isolation vault bounties.  
  2. Change the rewards for Tier 1 and 2 bounties to suck less.
  3. Make the Tier 1 and Tier 2 mission pools different from the Tier 3.

Now, the above suggestions make more sense with context. 

The first bit of context is that this is not an Eidolon fight, and treating it as such is detrimental.  I fight through three Eidolons because each of them rewards me with something good as far as arcanes.  How good, and with what RNG, is debatable.  What is not debatable is the garbage rewards you have to sit through if you want to get the one set of unique rewards, and that's the damaged mech weapon parts that only drop from the final tier of the bounty.  That forces a grind through the first two tiers, and it isn't fun to have an artificial wait wall.  

The next bit of context is that there are many potential goals here.  Do all the vaults.  Do all of the vaults, then grind one of the secondary missions.  Do some of the vaults, and then grind the secondary missions.  Now, how do we address this?  Split the missions.  Now each situation is either do vault, and grind secondary, or just do vault.  This would make a public group viable.  Right now to do the necessary grinding I have to go solo, and it sucks.  The mechs are surprisingly cheap, and unlike us they seem to have an active radar that shows where we are through walls (considering I've been killed by a chain of slides from enemies literally behind walls until they decided to murder me).

Rewards are always a point of contention, but this tacking on of stuff is an issue.  Those that did this before are already swimming in matrixes.  That means both the vaults and secondary missions suck to grind (and aren't rewarding, as the new statue uses the same star value, but delivers less endo).  Let's switch this up.  Remove the Matrixes from the base isolation vaults.  Replace them with the damaged mech weapon parts, and have one per Tier.  This makes each tier worth grinding, and will reward them more frequently.  Now, if you want to accumulate matrixes you need to run clean-up missions.  As there's no chain to get these missions, you can now run a vault and a clean-up in the time it used to take you to simply grind through the non-rewarding content.  This incentivizes the isolation vaults, and it makes getting Matrixes both drop controlled (mechs are influenced by boosters) and dependent on engagement with more content.

Now, about the arcanes.  I can't even begin to ask why they exist.  There's no reason that such limited power items would be reasonable to have in two slots...unless maybe you've got absolutely nothing else to put in them.  Of course, Deimos is literally the last open world.  It makes no sense, but it doesn't seem like they'll really ever matter.  This said, I can hope that you'll care enough to give them some sort of boost.

Finally, let's talk perception.  None of the secondary mission are unique, and most frustratingly they crib everything from the normal Deimos missions except the Polyp Juggernaut.  As such, these things become a slog very quickly.  The easiest way to fix this is remove one or two missions from the entire pool, and make them unique to the Tier 3 version.  I'd suggest the closure of the rifts, or the Polyp Juggernaut.  It's an easy way to not add content, but make the tiers feel more unique than simply playing with numbers.  

I'm hoping that you guys are listening to feedback, because it seems like you've take some ideas directly proposed by the community in the last month.  I'm hoping that you're willing to go that little bit more, and help make these Deimos vaults something worth coming back to.  Right now, it's just not.  The grind to entry, grind of the same seven missions, and the rather bleak rewards pool is just frustrating.  Hopefully the proposed Necramech mission for "this year," all week and a half left, is worth all this frustration.

If Lavos isn't done, please put off introducing it.  If in a single year you've got Protea, Xaku, and Lavos all sucking at release it'll be really disappointing.  Portea was a large rework.  Xaku is two thus far.  Please, at least make it so day one Lavos is better than a polished turd.  The taint of Deimos getting another mistake of a release would be too much to ever come back from.

i love deimos but please, allow us to choose what tier we can start with from mother

twice in a row, i've had to spend almost an hour working my up to T3 vault just to unlock the arcana bounty only for game breaking bugs locking me out from either the bounty itself or from being able to speak to mother

having to do the vault to unlock the bounty is totally fine, it's having to climb the tiers straight from the bottom that's boring me to tears

thanks for all the hard work, especially during this cruel year

On 2020-12-12 at 12:46 AM, master_of_destiny said:

Bro, read.

Maybe you don't get it.  Why is Steam good?  Well, it's competing.  There's a good pricing scheme, it'll release any trash it wants, and it isn't a resource hog.  

What competes?  Well, if you want DRM free there's GOG.  That's a good competitor.

Now, let's talk why Epic sucks.  They use time limiting and financial incentives to destroy competition.  They offer nothing better than Steam...so they don't compete.

Why does Origin suck?  Well, security.  EA turning it into a Sims expansion pack storefront.  No clear benefits over Steam, but reasonable exclusivity with their games.  

Why does Uplay suck?  It's bad DRM that often prevents legally playing games.

Why does Bethesda suck?  Come on, really?

So, your argument is stupid.  It's a call for a competitive market, when the ones suggested are terribly bad.  It's like a McDonalds trying to directly compete with a 3 Michelin star restaurant in who can prepare the best salad.  That's idiotic.  This is why GOG is a competitor.  They're competing with the 3 star restaurant with a family dining experience, which doesn't overlap well, but offers a customer a better niche experience.

I thought this sort of stupid argument died after Metro: Exodus.  I thought it was buried after Phoenix Point.  Apparently I give people too much credit.  Please, continue accepting that you don't deserve better.  How is that shopping cart feature coming:

https://trello.com/b/GXLc34hk/epic-games-store-roadmap

You know, the most basic feature of an online store.  What about the gifting?  You know, this is just depressing.  It's like watching a special needs child try to box Ali at his prime.  Nobody wins, and the people suggesting it's better to allow this massacre to happen are just wrong.  The thing is, it hurts Ali to be associated with this.  Instead of fighting a real competitor, the special needs kid's family simply blackmailed Ali into fighting. 

LOL...
They might not offer any competitive incentives to YOU! Doesn't mean they aren't competitive.
Unlike Steam and its legion of fanboys, Epic is more of a developer advocate, they offer much better deals for developers than steam. Their cut is smaller than most online stores, and they offer a lot of good deals for people using their engine.

Not all competition in a market has to be at the same level, as you seem to think. And yes Epic has horrible features, and the store-front is crap, which is why i mostly still use GoG and Steam, and the only games i have in Epic are the ones they give away for free. But that might actually be what's holding back the improvements, they're earning less from selling games, plus spending so much on deals, and offers that they probably can't afford good development for the store front.

But honestly, if they picked up their act in the store-front, i'd stop buying stuff on steam altogether.

Back to warframe...

Any news when the promised separation of the new bounties and having to finish T1-3 Iso Vaults going to go? Because honestly, i've been avoiding doing Deimos lately, since i'm more limited in play time, and i really can't afford spending time doing missions just to be able to start doing the missions i really need (aka having to do the three tier of Isolation Vaults just to be able to start doing T3 bounties).
I think thematically these missions SHOULD be available after finishing Isolation vaults (and have the mission NPC inside the vault so as not to waste time travelling in and out of the vault just for the NPC), if they need to be outside the vault somewhat for a reset, maybe place them outside the second "sphincter", the one after the "toxic environment" phase.
What we should be able to do, is pick the Iso vault Tier directly from mother, instead of having to do those in sequence.

3 hours ago, ReaverKane said:

LOL...
They might not offer any competitive incentives to YOU! Doesn't mean they aren't competitive.
Unlike Steam and its legion of fanboys, Epic is more of a developer advocate, they offer much better deals for developers than steam. Their cut is smaller than most online stores, and they offer a lot of good deals for people using their engine.

Not all competition in a market has to be at the same level, as you seem to think. And yes Epic has horrible features, and the store-front is crap, which is why i mostly still use GoG and Steam, and the only games i have in Epic are the ones they give away for free. But that might actually be what's holding back the improvements, they're earning less from selling games, plus spending so much on deals, and offers that they probably can't afford good development for the store front.

But honestly, if they picked up their act in the store-front, i'd stop buying stuff on steam altogether.

Another person incapable of reading?  Fantastic.

Let's think critically for just 60 seconds.

• GOG is listed as a competitor.
  • Does GOG offer the latest AAA titles....no.
  • Does GOG have a competing storefront...yes.
  • Does GOG go out of its way to have embedded DRM....absolutely not.

With the above stated, why is it a competitor then?  Well, time to slow this short bus down.  It offers all basic features of a storefront (Epic doesn't).  It offers a selection of games, and prices them fairly.

Why would you choose Epic then, as a developer?  Well, money.  They have enough to splash around, to buy exclusives.  They theoretically have a better cut of the profits.  It's paying less, and being put on a crappier storefront.  It's buying groceries at Walmart, where the prices are lower, because there's less investment and the only value is in locking games away.

You go ahead and enjoy that.  Let me draw a parallel.  Years ago EA decided to roll out Origin.  It was less slimy than Epic, and they exclusively sold their stuff.  It got market penetration, but in the last couple of years they decided to move back to offering their games through Steam.  Why?  

I'll let that sink in, but assume "bro, more money is fair for how hard developers work."  I'll look at it, and consider that as I look at the Epic store, and the steam store, and recognize exactly why they charge less.  Any critical thinking, as to why a year and change later Epic isn't winning against Steam, despite being "more developer friendly?

• TYPE: In-Game, Transition Screen
  • DESCRIPTION: There's no sound when ships are flying into the planet.  
  • VISUALDtTk6vU.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: N/A.  This is a transition screen.  Please ignore the fact that Venus now has two suns in the solar system, or the fact that there's more than 4 landers flying into the planet.  
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Standard sound effects that the player gets when transitioning into the planet. 
  • OBSERVED RESULT: N/A
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% reproducible on Venus, intermittent to non-existent on Phobos, Neptune and Pluto.  
  • TYPE: In-Game standard missions.  
  • DESCRIPTION: Since the last hot-fix, Amber Ayatan Star drops are back to an anemic drop percentage.  Please note this data is scouring a map to find all lockers and loot crates.  The following maps were used to accrue the data:  Ceres (Pallas & Bode), and Sedna (Adaro & Kappa).  
  • VISUALRWf6GMG.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: N/A
  • EXPECTED RESULT: While this was fixed recently (Update 29.5.7), this hotfix seems to have reset it back to what it was prior to the Amber Star Drop fix in 29.5.7.  Statistically speaking, for new players this is going to be a problem with endo refinement especially when you realize they're going to have to scour maps more in order to get the necessary stars for filling such statues other than the Ayr Statue.  Based on these these statistics, they're going to have to scour 8 missions to fill 1 Anasa statue.  And as we know, a good part of the player base is run and gun and will often miss finding these stars.  
  • OBSERVED RESULT: N/A
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: statistically 100% reproducible.  

Archived