Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quake weapon skins, without Epic Games Store?

General_Durandal

All I can find so far that might be related to this is in their Privacy Policy:

Service Providers. We share personal information with service providers that we’ve engaged to help support the Epic services by performing certain services on our behalf and under our instructions. For example, if you make a purchase on the Epic services, we’ll generally share your billing information with a third-party payment processor to enable your transaction. Other common examples include partners that assist with cloud storage, email marketing of products and services offered by Epic, Player Support ticketing, and monitoring and securing the Epic services. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.

https://www.epicgames.com/site/en-US/privacypolicy

But, like, so does everyone.

Platform partners and payment providers

As part of providing a global service, we frequently need to communicate your account information with our platform partners and our payment providers (such as Valve, Sony, Microsoft, Digital River, Xsolla, Rixty, Changyou and yCoins). These partners help us distribute our services and process transactions.

https://www.warframe.com/privacy

And you don't have to give Epic any billing info to make free purchases like the Warframe pack or weekly free games. For a long time now the checkout price on their storefront has been listed in ZAR for me, so I checked and they think I live in South Africa... If they're collecting identifying data without your involvement then they're not very good at it.

49f.jpg

Steam EULA: https://store.steampowered.com/eula/387990_eula_0

What information do we collect
When you buy the Game, we collect your name, email address, location, and the personal information provided to us by Steam from your Steam profile. We also keep track of how long you play the Game and use the Tools, the actions you take, and how you interact with other players.

How do we use it
We use your personal information, your Steam profile and aggregated and anonymous information we collect about you and other players to process payments, to provide you with support where we offer it to help you play the Game, and to make the Game even better.

Where we store it and who we share it with
Your information may be stored on our servers, those of Steam, and those of third parties we use for the purpose of payment processing, or to run the back-end server which makes our Game and Tools possible. Those servers may be located inside or outside of Europe, but we will only store information outside of Europe to the extent that we need to in order to let you play the Game or use the Tools. If we decide sell our business, we may also need to share your information with the buyer.

Dunno mate, but they also collect your data :/

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

All I can find so far that might be related to this is in their Privacy Policy:

But, like, so does everyone.

And you don't have to give Epic any billing info to make free purchases like the Warframe pack or weekly free games. For a long time now the checkout price on their storefront has been listed in ZAR for me, so I checked and they think I live in South Africa... If they're collecting identifying data without your involvement then they're not very good at it.

Thanks for the help/info, felling better, and sorry for my paranoia.

~

33 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

49f.jpg

Steam EULA: https://store.steampowered.com/eula/387990_eula_0

Dunno mate, but they also collect your data :/

XD

Archived