Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

attacking our energy (eximus units) is not fun, and why Inaros is so popular (DE please consider)

(XBOX)ONI Prowess

Inaros is a bag of HP, who has a skill that costs HP (and thus not effected by energy targeting effects) that grants him more armor and CC immunity (with mod)

hes a rock, tanky, and does not rely on energy to function at all by default, his energy based skills are anywhere from bad to just icing on the cake.

things like eximus units disproportionality effect some frames more then others ("caster" frames) as in alot of game modes or content, you can be completely without your energy. this also effects frames that use skills to be tanky rather then base stats, as once again, your tankyness can go away at the drop of a hat.

the eximus drain effect needs to go away, there are other better options for support or status enemies in warframe, we already have a couple good examples in game.

-arbitration drones: yes actually, they don't effect our warframe in any negative way yet do require thought, attention, and often priority on our part at their arrival. 

-ancient healer: in the same vein as the arby drone, they provide a defensive buff for local enemies and often require attention.

-nullifiers: would be better with some tuning, they provide support for their allies and have a few specific means for dealing with them but i think the disabling of warframe abilities once again slides them into the realm of overly punishing certain frames.

i would also like to point out that many of these abilites and effects are from a time when "caster frames" were far more powerful, old school ember, banshee, pre pre pre rework saryn. the "press 4 to win" aoe nuke or afk map clear days are pretty well and gone, and yet the counters to those days still remain. 

our warframes have been changed and updated, and continue to evolve as the vision of the game does. however many enemy abilities have not, and are overly punishing, designed to counter frames relying on playstyles that no longer exist.

with that said, its obvious why inaros is so popular. he has no playstyle, nothing counters him, and his means of kill evolves with the game as new weapons are added.

please DE, re-evaluate some enemy effects and designs. many are not fun and overly punishing to specific frames and playstyles.   

Energy eximus are mostly ok for me, maybe a tweak to the spawn number, aura range and a visual that show our energy being drain could be nice. Ancients Disruptor however are a pain in the ass, in steelpath they spawn like crazy and drain our energy in one shot from an almost aimbot attack.

They should only remove a % of our energy or maybe give some back when we kill them.

i actually just wanted to reiterate:

statistically Inaros is one of if not the most played frames past a certain MR point (new players dont have him yet) 

he is also the frame that interact THE LEAST with energy or energy related mechanics.

i know people point to his HP, but i think that the above connection requires a bit more investigation. 

I doubt inaros is picked just for that. Is lazy in every sense of the word. Nullfiers? Meh. Damage? Meh. Energy drain? Meh. Since the majority of the people like to kill things that can see, Inaros is the perfect tool to just focsuing in using weapons. For my part, I hate Inaros, whenI have trouble on staying alive on a mission as a frame, I rely on my operator instead (if, for some reason, I'm not mainly using it)

1 hour ago, (XBOX)ONI Prowess said:

Inaros is a bag of HP, who has a skill that costs HP (and thus not effected by energy targeting effects) that grants him more armor and CC immunity (with mod)

hes a rock, tanky, and does not rely on energy to function at all by default, his energy based skills are anywhere from bad to just icing on the cake.

things like eximus units disproportionality effect some frames more then others ("caster" frames) as in alot of game modes or content, you can be completely without your energy. this also effects frames that use skills to be tanky rather then base stats, as once again, your tankyness can go away at the drop of a hat.

the eximus drain effect needs to go away, there are other better options for support or status enemies in warframe, we already have a couple good examples in game.

-arbitration drones: yes actually, they don't effect our warframe in any negative way yet do require thought, attention, and often priority on our part at their arrival. 

-ancient healer: in the same vein as the arby drone, they provide a defensive buff for local enemies and often require attention.

-nullifiers: would be better with some tuning, they provide support for their allies and have a few specific means for dealing with them but i think the disabling of warframe abilities once again slides them into the realm of overly punishing certain frames.

i would also like to point out that many of these abilites and effects are from a time when "caster frames" were far more powerful, old school ember, banshee, pre pre pre rework saryn. the "press 4 to win" aoe nuke or afk map clear days are pretty well and gone, and yet the counters to those days still remain. 

our warframes have been changed and updated, and continue to evolve as the vision of the game does. however many enemy abilities have not, and are overly punishing, designed to counter frames relying on playstyles that no longer exist.

with that said, its obvious why inaros is so popular. he has no playstyle, nothing counters him, and his means of kill evolves with the game as new weapons are added.

please DE, re-evaluate some enemy effects and designs. many are not fun and overly punishing to specific frames and playstyles.   

Once you craft tons of pizzas, bind a hotkey for instant pizza delivery, and be trigger-happy to use them, then energy leech eximus are just mild annoyances unless you're using something like Ember 2 or Equinox 4 then my condolences lol.

35 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

if your choice of frame depends on energy leech units then your're doing something fundamentally wrong

Gotta agree with this one.

Leeches aren't that common and they usually don't drain much.

I think they just need some more obvious sign that they are there like the Nullifiers. Otherwise they are ok.

also people probably get confused on how their energy is drained so fast is that its not just the 3-4 energy leech eximus but also couple attacks from the disruptor buffed infested combined making it look like its just the leech ones been doing it , another note for this is that sometimes or half the time enemies can stuck in terrains or sit afk loosing agro in a dark corner of  the room so you feel like youre killing fast enough but your energy is still getting drained and that can also contribute to the frustration in which case it goes back to fixing pathing ai , especially after they messed that up after the ophelia farm directed pathing nerf/change.

Imo , either fixing ai pathing or giving energy leech units a link can do , preferably both but ehh wont hold my breath for that one.

I mean we already drown in visiual cluster so having more for people that care about this specific thing wouldn't be a game crasher , i believe.

Inaros is popular due to lazy players and those who're either unable to or just can't be bothered to learn how to stay alive without face-tanking everything.

And energy leech eximus have become far less punishing than they ever were in the past due to eximus units not being a threat anymore stat wise and the plethora of ways we have for any frame to access infinite healing and energy. The only thing outdated about them is how irrelevant they are in 99% of situations because of our options. And if running out of energy is critically detrimental to one's build then your build should compensate for that or you need to get better at finding, avoiding, or killing them faster.

But if they need anything it's just an audio/visual indicator identifying their presence and/or range. Outright removing the effect from the game is completely unnecessary.

Inaros is pretty strong vs Infested, and it's mainly because of how busted ancients in general are in high level play.

Toxic ancients bypass sheilds when they hit you with their hooks and do a ton of health damage to most other frames with this, which is why I dont take Hildryn to these gigs (she laughs at energy leeches because she doesn't use energy for abilities)

Disruptors, one shot and bye bye energy pool, and don't even get me started kn how you can easily get stun locked to death if theres a group of ancients all throwing hooks directly at you when they're not even looking at you or through a freaking WALL

High level infested more or less make using a frame who is immune to cc pretty much mandatory because of these mobs, and to be honest, I'd rather not get frustrated playing a game when there are still tools to get around annoyances like this.

il y a une heure, ReddyDisco a dit :

if your choice of frame depends on energy leech units then your're doing something fundamentally wrong

When you intend to play survival runs against infested you have to deal with stupid energy drain. Khora cage with drop augments, vauban vortex that vacuum, strong melee with 300%strength wisp attack speed buff, arcane energize, energy pads, these are my usual tools against them. They are rather universal.

Same with nullies : you can deal with them with multiple solutions : primed reach on your melee, high rof weapon, miter augment, hildryn (her augment is not even needed), inaros, wukong clone.

The issues against both those ennemies is that if you start having trouble killing them or the mobs around them you get screwed and can't do anything (not even evade with operator in the case of nullifiers).

Past lvl 200ish infested can 1hko you, have multiple AoE that can proc before being affected by vauban vortex or khora cage.

In the void nullies can be affected by ancient healers the later being inside the bubble and without line of sight / unreachable with melee (under stairs or the like)

So the "git gud" motto is rather "adapt and use meta", and not become better with what you want to play. Which is sad when you see the cheer number of warframe and weapons available

Don't change the eximus units energy attacking mechanic. For there is absolutely nothing wrong with it at all.

Change how they attack your energy instead. For example, if a leech is leeching your energy, spawn a "leech line" that appears between you and it. That way, you know exactly where it is and from where it is leeching.

Its called "telegraphy". Telegraphing attacks is the best way to give any enemy any kind of attack, for it gives a way to counter it.

As for Inaros, I would actually give Inaros actually useful abilities, and then, I would remove his energy pool, and make his abilities require you to use his HEALTH instead. (Just like how hildryn uses her shields.)

4 hours ago, (XBOX)ONI Prowess said:

Isn't that the point of those enemies? Any change would make enemies more pathetic than ever.

The only way I could see a change is the enemy visual, add something more noticable for those having troubles with them

Hasn’t Wukong taken Inaros place?

All caster frames are copy’s damage/cc then we have the farm frames then tank no power frames, Inaros Wukong, than Nidus alone in his bubble.

The way I see it Nidus sucks in team play so you don’t see much of them. All the casters are basically reskins with more or less CC/damage then the tanky class that just use guns.

so since we have only 2 frames in that category you would expect them to see vastly more play than all the others.

If DE would make alternative resources like all MOBAs have on at lest some of the hero’s we might see movement. But if it’s just mage tank or farm...

3 hours ago, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

So the "git gud" motto is rather "adapt and use meta", and not become better with what you want to play. Which is sad when you see the cheer number of warframe and weapons available

if using a screwdriver for a screw is the meta then yes. also depends on what surface you use the screw on, if you use a hammer to force a screw into cheese then it goes in easily but doesn't when you do the same thing in steel.

its a crying shame you can't breeze through lvl200s without having a care about builds and items, some weapons and frames are made for higher content unfortunately

il y a 46 minutes, ReddyDisco a dit :

if using a screwdriver for a screw is the meta then yes. also depends on what surface you use the screw on, if you use a hammer to force a screw into cheese then it goes in easily but doesn't when you do the same thing in steel.

its a crying shame you can't breeze through lvl200s without having a care about builds and items, some weapons and frames are made for higher content unfortunately

My point was more : if you like caster frame with semi auto guns, you almost can't play those content.

Your metaphor is not true, it's more as if there were dozen of supposed equivalent tools, but only a few works.

and i'm not asking for easy content, I'm a mag main which most played ranged are dread and lex prime. I just rather aim for the head and dodge rather than sit in a hole for hours pressing 1 every seconds / 4 every 20 seconds, or press 1 and watch my clone do all the kills with a nukor kuva... or slap every mod with armor and health I can and barely use warframe powers.

7 hours ago, Gilmaesh said:

Energy eximus are mostly ok for me, maybe a tweak to the spawn number, aura range and a visual that show our energy being drain could be nice. Ancients Disruptor however are a pain in the ass, in steelpath they spawn like crazy and drain our energy in one shot from an almost aimbot attack.

They should only remove a % of our energy or maybe give some back when we kill them.

As a Garuda main, I am 100% with you on Ancient Disruptors. I build her mainly to utilize her passive all of the time, so 2 health with Quick Thinking. Ancient Disruptors hit me for essentially double damage. But one of the reasons I like Garuda is that she can do insane scaling damage and there's a risk/reward play style to her.

Anyways, better visuals on Ancient Disruptors, more clear color auras, etc.. These things have been asked for a while as it pertains to Energy Eximus and Ancient Disruptors and I am all for that.

Archived