Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Codex scanning in the Simulacrum

Ferdi

Question

7 answers to this question

36 minutes ago, XxFerdi420xX said:

I was wondering if anyone knows how to keep codex scans from enemies spawned in the Simulacrum. Is this even possible still or did they remove this?

This wouldn't even be a thing, to even spawn enemies you have to have them fully scanned in the first place. What would be the point of scanning something you've already got fully scanned.

45 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

This wouldn't even be a thing, to even spawn enemies you have to have them fully scanned in the first place. What would be the point of scanning something you've already got fully scanned.

I know I have definitely heard something about this, something like player A joining into a simulacrum session with player B.  Player B has the codex scans completed and can spawn the enemies, and player A could scan them to fill out ones they didnt have. Supposedly you keep scans regardless of aborting the mission or not, and player A would keep the scans they got from the simulacrum when they left.  I've not tried it with another person to know for sure if that ever worked or not, but I know that I have tried doing this solo recently with the Mitosid Eximus... I had the scans completed for the mitosid eximus but not the basal/feral diploid eximus, which the mitosid splits into.  So i spawned the mitosid eximus, then scanned both diploid eximus, but the scans did not get saved when I later went back to my orbiter.  My guess is either it doesn't work that way anymore, or it's some sort of client shenaniganry that lets them keep the scans if someone else is hosting.

21 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Certain enemies have units they themselves can spawn, example would be Drahk Master, that can summon Drahks. The reason I am doing this is simply due to difficulty of attaining some of these scans, one I was attempting to use this method on for example is the Cindertresh Hyena scan. It ONLY spawns from the corpus supra target in an assassination fortuna bounty. So not only do you have to get the assassination bounty first of all, then you gotta RNG that it spawns the right assassination target, THEN you gotta RNG that it spawns the Hyena. Now, I've done this plenty of times, and although I've eventually gotten supra target scans, the guy never ever spawns the Hyena, even when I lower his hp but don't kill him. I've had to do this multiple times to try to get the scan and with no success it just seems like seed generation RNG if the guy gets to spawn the Hyena or not.

Thus the reasoning for wanting to use this simulacrum method. Searching about codex scans, a decent amount of people say you can just do it in the sim, but it hasn't worked when I'm soloing it.

Thanks for the reply guys, I'll try scanning something in another person's sim and see if it works.

EDIT: Having a Host/Client scan also doesn't save simulacrum codex scan anymore either if it used to, I just tested this.

5 hours ago, Duality52 said:

Anything that happens inside the Simulacrum such as Codex scans will be erased since you will need to leave the Simulacrum, which is similar to aborting a mission. They have recently made it so that usage stats do not get updated while in the Simulacrum.

Aborting is not the same. When you abort a mission it specifically says "You will keep progress but forfeit the completion rewards and bonuses", I've done plenty of codex scans into mission abort, it saves the scans.

I guess this is just a unique case with the Simulacrum, as you've said, it's been changed.

Archived