Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PLAY WARFRAME NOW ON THE EPIC GAMES STORE - not?

jeopardy2808

Hello DE,

i love Warframe. It is truely the gem of yours and what you did over the years with this game is awesome.

But now i have to ask you one question: Are you serious? Or at least another question: Can you help me?

TennoGen - Only available when you installed Warframe via Steam.
Unreal Tournament Pack - Only available when i log in through Epic Games Launcher

Just want to play the game without having any other launcher in between: Installed game via original client from warframe.com website.

I mean serious? Do i have to do another 30 GB download in case just to receive this awesome pack?

I mean ok now i have nearly 90 GB disk space used by 3 Warframe installations....Is there a hind or a clue how i can
tell at least one of this installation "hey the game is already installed at this/that place please use this folder instead of downloading it again?"....

Sorry...I love this game...i love to support you...hell i don't know how much money i spent over the years
to support you. I mean you created this game and you share it with us for free! Sure hell i support you.....

But now i am getting a little sarcastic now: if Warframe will ever be available on any other Platform "Origin or EA Play or how it is called now" or "GOG.galaxy" or whatever...
Do i have to download it again?

Cmon! There has to be a way... "This is the way"

6 minutes ago, jeopardy2808 said:

I mean serious? Do i have to do another 30 GB download in case just to receive this awesome pack?

No, please look up the several threads on reddit which tell you how to launch through the Epic Store without the need to reinstalling or downloading a thing.

Although it requires a modicum of skill.

9 minutes ago, jeopardy2808 said:

I mean ok now i have nearly 90 GB disk space used by 3 Warframe installations

What the hell are you doing with 3 installations when one is enough? WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Uninstall two of them!

Even in the best of cases, the Epic Store version you need to launch one, redeem, and delete. You do not need to keep it, as you seem to think.

10 minutes ago, jeopardy2808 said:

But now i am getting a little sarcastic now: if Warframe will ever be available on any other Platform "Origin or EA Play or how it is called now" or "GOG.galaxy" or whatever...
Do i have to download it again?

No, somebody will come up with a solution that requires a modicum of skill which lets you get the rewards without downloading again.

Although you, instead of seeking out informations, will probably come to the forums to moan about the injustice of having to download 30 GB of stuff.

11 minutes ago, jeopardy2808 said:

Cmon! There has to be a way

There is a way.

Chop chop.

17 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

No, please look up the several threads on reddit which tell you how to launch through the Epic Store without the need to reinstalling or downloading a thing.

But why spend 10 seconds doing a net search when you can type up a long post for everyone to see?!

/S

20 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

But why spend 10 seconds doing a net search when you can type up a long post for everyone to see?!

/S

But on the other hand, why do we need to do these magics to get the pack? Why cant we just friggin claim it in-game be it from steam or somewhere else. 

I get that they are trying to get people to use epics own platform but honestly who installs warframe there and then starts using it? I think vast majority will just delete the download or use the other method mentioned to by pass downloading. 

"If you dont use our product we will do everything we can to force you, until you have no choice" seems to be the motto rather than making an actually good product people WANT to use. 

39 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

But on the other hand, why do we need to do these magics to get the pack? Why cant we just friggin claim it in-game be it from steam or somewhere else. 

I get that they are trying to get people to use epics own platform but honestly who installs warframe there and then starts using it? I think vast majority will just delete the download or use the other method mentioned to by pass downloading. 

"If you dont use our product we will do everything we can to force you, until you have no choice" seems to be the motto rather than making an actually good product people WANT to use. 

Oh I agree that jumping through hoops for them is a bit silly, but again, Epic owns the UT IP and surely paid for the time to make the skins. I mean they could have ended up being paid skins or somehow been completely exclusive I suppose. I spent the 10 minutes setting things up and making copies, but at the end of the day, they're just skins. Yes even skins can affect one's enjoyment of a game, but they're still not a big deal in the grand scheme of the game.

21 hours ago, xombob89 said:

Because it's advertisement, dear. It's a promotional stunt. This isn't a case of "DE managed to get something and wants to give it to us", but more of a "Epic wants users on their store and will give away part of their copyrighted material to other companies". Epic is probably paying DE for each player who downloads the Epic Store for Warframe.

Letting us get it through Steam would actually goes against every logic and interest. I can't even believe the question was honest.

Archived