Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Working From Home: Devstream #150 (Dec 16)

[DE]Rebecca

Is there any chance we could see a BIG QoL update sometime before another massive new content release?  I think the Set mods need to be looked at, or give us more mod slots for everything.  Maybe I haven't played around with builds enough, but it feels like in order to get the full effects of the 6-piece set mods you'd need to sacrifice mods that are just plain better.  The 3-set mods introduced with the Ropalolyst and gas planet rework are a bit better, but are still very situational and don't work in every environment super well.  The new 3-set mods introduced with Deimos are better still, but also need a bit more work, ESPECIALLY THE JUGULUS SET, and that's only because its ability is utterly disproportionate with the amount of effort required to get it: you can ONLY get the mods from doing the Tier 2 Deimos Bounties.

The Carnis set can be gotten from the same bounties PLUS Carnis Rexes, which appear quite regularly, especially in Isolation Vaults.  The Saxum set can also be gotten from Saxum Rexes, but they only appear in certain stages of certain bounties.  The Saxum mod set is also bugged according to the Wiki in that it causes ALL enemies killed to explode when killed, not just Lifted ones.

One non-set mod in particular that I KNOW needs a rework is Burdened Magazine.  In case I got the name wrong, it's the +Magazine Capacity/-Reload Speed Corrupted mod for shotguns with Frost Prime on it.  Ammo Stock, another magazine-increasing Shotgun mod, provides the exact same increase of magazine capacity, has no downsideand costs less.

I also feel like there are a lot of Warframes that need to be reworked and/or helped, like Grendel.  Same goes for Warframe and Weapon Augments.

Along those lines, I'd also like to see a major weapon re-balance.  Some weapons are amazing and become absolutely overpowered with the right Riven mod.  Some weapons become amazing with the right Riven.  Some weapons are trash without a good Riven, and some weapons are trash no matter what.  I guess there have to be some weapons that are just there for MR fodder, but I think every weapon with an augment, innate element, or unique ability of some sort (like an alt-fire, alternate firing mode, or something hidden like the Acrid's massive status duration) should be good without having to put TOO MUCH work in or use a specific frame.  I do NOT consider melee weapons that have a guaranteed element or proc on slam to be part of this, nor do I include Signature Weapons, although I'd also like to see more of those (Signature Weapons) get effects.

Lastly, flip how Amps and K-Drives work.  Amps should have mods and a little bit more customizability to them.  K-Drives are such a pain to build your own that I haven't even done it and I'm MR 28.  The fact that they have their own mods, can be Forma-ed, AND count towards MR, while Amps only get ONE ARCANE is just stupid.

10 hours ago, (NSW)H2amster said:

new somachords when?

aside the ones in campion driftu

Wait, are there actually Somachord fragments in various random places in the Cambion Drift? I haven't found any yet since Arcana arrived. How many are there?

11 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

From Corpus Railjack to Corpus 'Queenpins'

Seeing that, there is one thing I'm wondering about; Are there any plans to expand on the Ephemera with Queenpins? If it helps, I listed some pretty good options on a different thread:

Original posts' text:

Aside from the new things to try out with the update (New Proxima missions, weapons and hopefully more avionics (Scanning avionic from Simaris would be a favorite! (I made a thread with that before, but ->), one of the most enticing things I'm looking forward to would be any new Lich elements (& Ephemera) that can be spawned.

Right now for the Grineer we have Electricity, Heat, Toxin, Cold, Impact, Magnetic & Radiation; 5 primary elements and 2 secondary elements, which is a good start. But that still leaves open ideas for the remaining Vengeful ephemera elements (Although depending on the Queenpin's motives for going after the Tenno (Vengeance doesn't seem like a word befitting of them, Corpus & whatnot), their ephemeras may not be called Vengeful)!

That leaves the following things (With some ideas I've come up with for a design!):

• Puncture

• I wasn't entirely sure at first, but maybe small points of space around the wearer could implode; Basically warped areas of bent light appearing and then closing.

• Slash

• It could consist of sharpened air currents circulating the Warframe / Companion, etc. (Might look nice on Gauss and K-Drives!), where every blade of air flows behind the wearer's trajectory. If they jump up, the air flows around and below them; If they travel forward, it flows behind them, and so on. If this happened it could be my favorite body ephemera (Not pertaining to step-based ephemera) :]

• Blast

• This could consist of small pops appearing around the wearer, like tiny Shedu / other weapon explosives (The missile explosions from the Odonata, but shrunken down as another example). Coincidentally the opposite of the Puncture Ephemera.

• Corrosive

• One possible idea for this could be difficult to achieve, but maybe it could play into a Fashionframe look by corroding the customized colors you have set, revealing your Warframe / Vehicle or Companion's default color scheme! It wouldn't add any particle effects around them that way too. Of course it'd only happen in certain areas of the body, etc. (Not sure where though)

• Gas

• This could be pretty similar to the Vengeful Chill ephemera, but instead of a full-body effect, what if it simply showed your Warframe breathing? Similar to Chroma's Noble animation, but obviously not a huge stream of air, just something smaller and more appropriately sized! Especially on the Orb Vallis, where one could expect to freeze rather easily, I imagine you'd be breathing quite a bit while shivering.

• That said, I don't know if it should borrow from your frame / companion's energy or emissive colors, or simply use a different color / form of breathing based on which frame it is altogether (This would be a decent way to do it too).

• Viral

• Still not sure on an idea for this.

In order to have new Ephemera elements however, we'd need to have all the current progenitor frames divvied up amongst the new / existing elements (This could encourage more players to get more frames too). Here are the current ones:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kuva_Lich/Progenitor

• (Eventually when we reach Orokin Liches (Maybe), Xaku might be a standalone Void element progenitor!)

• That said, we could someday start borrowing from Empyrean elements to have Empyrean-based ephemera! But that'll be for a later update I'm sure.

I'm not sure off the top of my head who would be what new element, but I'm sure there are some good examples. That said, any existing Liches originated from a Warframe before they got changed, could be considered a Legacy Lich (Especially because they could have a Helmet of that frame, but a no-longer-matching element!), which would be pretty interesting.

In any case, I hope that helps! I think it would be really worthwhile to add the rest of the elements to the Queenpins if possible. Be safe Tenno!

Can we get an update on what is happening with the Bishamo armour set? We've just had a vendor refresh for the Steel Path, but there's been no news on whether or not we'll be able to use variants of the set on different operator models since this topic was raised before Tennocon.

Dear @[DE]Rebecca  can we get any information about the plot hole fixes that have comes with old blood and scarlet spear , which are  greener queen is giving kuva to weak grineer with clon roth while Tyl Regor manage clean the clon roth (which is the biggest advancement for the grineer race since the orokin era) and she has no reason give something so valuable to the some weak grineer while tenno is constantly interrupting her efforts to get kuva with missons like kuva siphons and survival and she does not  even have an agenda about trying to ressurect her twin sister which makes the situation is even more weird. 
And for  scarlet spear (putting something  trivial like a vox solaris operator like Little Duck to the charge of mighty Tenno, giving her a relay of her own, and information about one of the main sentients (Erra) which only couple of being has knowledge of in the entire solar system (even tenno manage to remember him recently because of the void connection and even that knowledge came from thousands of years ago, other one with knowledge is lotus, stalker, hunhow , Balas and grineer queens. How the hell Little Duck get manage to so much information about sentients and Erra ?) 

• Will there be a kuva lich quest for fixing these plot holes and will there be mechanical changes for overall lich hunt because right now we are mostly hunting thralls in normal misions and barely seeing our lich and that is not a fun experience like the original content which is shadow of mordor series (you may find some decent feedbacks and suggestions in this topic and thank all of you for not abandoning the lich content . Here is the topic 
  • Pet system 2.0
  • Will there be a quest for queenpins ?
  • Changes for arcane drops counts on eidolons so new players who cound't play the infamous scarlet spear event (I hope we will not see that event again cause if it will comeback that will bring huge incosisnty for the lore and make the lore look funny and this time none of the veteran players will play it cause all veterans already have the rewards so new players can't even finish the event with their none builded railjack cause there isn't any content for railjack)
  • After the great ensmallening update part 2 many reflections are broken and nearly on everything has lower resolution textures even some effects or looking worst compare to old graphics before the patch. Will any of the devs make a statement about improving the pc graphics cause at current state pc got a huge down grade while weak console like playstation 5 getting update on the graphical quality .
  • Graphical improments for infested tile sets like derelicts (railjack derelict tile sets are looking way much better compare to regular derelicts and they are already in the game) and eris tile sets . Because the new infested open world's outstandingly amazing view other infested tiles shown their age and needs some love as well. 

I hope we will get some information on these topics too , have a nice day and best regards

May i ask about the current state of Necramechs, 

When you exit them as operators, they cancel their active abilities especially Storm Shroud and Shield Maiden

Was this intentional?

also please take a look at some Nightwave helmets not appearing at the store for months now 

Thank you

19 hours ago, ExpGui said:

With Canada having the vaccine as of this month, will Digital Extremes be able to be in office again within the coming months? I know Scott would love to be!

Not likely, frontline medical staff and senior citizen homes are getting them first, everyone else will have to wait for awhile, especially kids.

21 hours ago, ExpGui said:

With Canada having the vaccine as of this month, will Digital Extremes be able to be in office again within the coming months? I know Scott would love to be!

How widely available is it in Canada? We have it in the US, and in fact we have it at my work, but I'm not going to get access this year. (I work for a hospital, and the first couple of batches are for people dealing with patients. Those of us currently working from home are at the end of the line.)

Archived