Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Isolation & Arcana Bounty Flow Changes

[DE]Megan

27 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

You only ever need 1 of the Sporothrix and Arum Spinosa Blueprint. Getting all the way to the Arcana Bounties and receiving another Weapon Blueprint is not a feel good moment. Although this doesn’t completely eliminate getting duplicates, the drop % reduction does allow for better chances towards the other rewards.

So just let us buy the darn things for currency(standing/resources/something) instead?

Players tend to almost universally dislike this mechanic and it only serves to extend playtime. While extending playtime can be good for DE in terms of keeping players busy, it can also backfire by making players jaded and annoyed for wasting their time.

A step in the right direction and it'll help people who have a shorter time slot to play each day.

Main problem to adress now is the replayability of the content, lackluster arcanes won't keep people returning once they have everything else farmed and built.

The changes are nice and all but will the arcanes get any changes anytime soon, as in buffs of some sort?

Because to me it looks like that things that can be used in the future (endo, matrices, gems) you get less of them, to prevent players storing to much of them and then make arcanes (something that is currently almost worthless) more common

We store more and more arcanes for what reason exactly? To sell them maybe?

Very good, it fixes most complaints that I had about the Arcana bounties.

There's some minor things that I don't like but that are common on Bounties, like items that are only useful once and getting more of feels like a waste of time (besides for trading if that's your thing but some have no value or can't even be traded like Warframe BP), but won't go into that as that's a much bigger discussion beyond the changes at hand.

hace 1 hora, [DE]Megan dijo:

You will only ever need to complete a specific Tier of Isolation Bounty once to unlock the next Tier.

This 1 is the mvp hands down

Weapon parts (T2 & T3)

• Slightly reduced:

So.... 1 % drop rate or for the old trusty 0,5%?

No longer in the tables:

Both of these were taken out to allow for better odds at getting newer/desired rewards.

• Rare Deimos Gems

• Endo

So...... when is this coming to the rest of the star chart?

Please let us know your thoughts - thanks for reading!

I belive this are steps in the right direction(with the exception of less % drop rate to artificially  bump needed time)

Now about grandmother tokens and the token system in general... it needs rebalancing imho. It's just a rep sink to hide exorbitant price (rep wise) of gear overall

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra said:

Hope it gets hotfixed, haven't yet managed to finish a single run of all three new bounties, everyone always quits before doing six full vaults.

A mate and myself did them took us 20 hours of grinding over two days to get both weapons. I don't wish that on anyone and i hope it's changing this week for consoles as well. Little worried regarding their wording on drop chance but a less diluted pool should help.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

No longer in the tables:

Both of these were taken out to allow for better odds at getting newer/desired rewards.

• Rare Deimos Gems

I'm not going to act like I don't get the reasoning behind this. Makes sense and all, sure, but

I hope to a nondescript divinity that there'll be another way to get those besides mining, because I have 600+ draconics already, and I do not want more.

1. Each Isolation Vault Bounty Tier now has a specific Mother location in Cambion Drift to provide a concrete flow with less confusion.

1. Tier 1 = Mother located in ‘UNDULATUM’

2. Tier 2 = Mother located between ‘ALBRECHT'S PROSPECT’ and ‘CATABOLIC GUTTER’

3. Tier 3 = Mother located in ‘THE ABSCESS’

48b0d93c0c585a754a47fd93649580c1.jpg

Strange, these are the points I used since the ones in the wiki never worked for me. There is a reason on why this points always worked? Were the intended tier vaults since Deimos dropped?

3 minutes ago, Paranoicon said:

I'm not going to act like I don't get the reasoning behind this. Makes sense and all, sure, but

I hope to a nondescript divinity that there'll be another way to get those besides mining, because I have 600+ draconics already, and I do not want more.

You can get them in the vaults (destroying the containers) or fighting on the reactant cristals that spawn enemies, when you kill them with the operator or with the necramech archgun, they drop rare resources

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Mofojokers said:

Will console players get it this week or have to wait until next year?.

It requires a Cert build due to code changes:

Unfortunately, a lot of these changes are code, meaning it will need to go through the Cert process for Consoles - expect these to come in an Update in the new year!

3 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

It requires a Cert build due to code changes:

Thankyou Megan as always for your reply buddy. A mate and i spent 20 hours over two days farming the two weapons in that hell hole lol i don't wish it on another soul. The sooner the change comes for all the better as these are amazing changes.

Also doesn't help the arcanes are actually useless so most of the time you feel like you just spent 20 minutes to get nothing. 

Anyway merry Tennobaum Megan!.

Season’s greetings, Tenno!

With Deimos: Arcana came the new Arcana Bounties. These multi-staged Isolation Vault Bounties have new tilesets, new tasks, and new rewards to earn. As you’re currently familiar with, in order to play any of the new Arcana Bounties, you first had to complete an Isolation Vault. On top of that, to escalate into Tier 2 and Tier 3 difficulty, you had to complete them chronologically each time. 

While having an increased skill path for newer high Tier rewards makes sense on paper, the process and time it takes to reach the higher Tiers and Arcana Bounties is a long haul. Not each squadmate is keen on going all the way! The below is an accumulation of Community and Dev feedback to address these concerns, and allow a less restricted path to the Arcana Bounties and their rewards.  

Isolation Vault Flow Changes

We have 4 main pillars of Isolation Vault flow changes. Not only do these changes significantly loosen the required routine, but they also aim to further improve the process for less new player confusion.

1. You will only ever need to complete a specific Tier of Isolation Bounty once to unlock the next Tier.

1. For example: Complete the Tier 1 Isolation Vault near Necralisk Gates. You can then leave Deimos or even log off, and the next time you return to Cambion Drift you can go immediately to the Tier 2 Isolation Vault Bounty location and run that Bounty. No need to run the Tier 1 bounty again if you don’t want to.

2. Once the Isolation Vault Tier is completed, you can run the Arcana Bounty at that same Tier.

1. Similar to the new Isolation Vault flow above, you can leave the session and upon returning to Cambion Drift you can go straight into the Arcana Bounty without first completing the Isolation Vault at that location.

3. Each Isolation Vault Bounty Tier now has a specific Mother location in Cambion Drift to provide a concrete flow with less confusion.

1. Tier 1 = Mother located in ‘UNDULATUM’

2. Tier 2 = Mother located between ‘ALBRECHT'S PROSPECT’ and ‘CATABOLIC GUTTER’

3. Tier 3 = Mother located in ‘THE ABSCESS’

48b0d93c0c585a754a47fd93649580c1.jpg

1. All 3 Tiers of Isolation Vault Bounties will be available from Mother within the Necralisk.

Isolation Vault / Arcana Bounty Droptable Changes

Changing the Isolation Vault flow was just the first step - the second step addresses the main school of thought surrounding Arcana Bounty rewards: the Arcana Bounty rewards are not balanced enough to be worth the journey. Now that the Arcana Bounties will be more easily accessible, it’s time to rebalance the drop tables:

1. Both Isolation Vault Bounties and Arcana Bounties now share a droptable. There are 3 different droptables for each Isolation/Arcana Bounty Tier that rotates every ~3 hours, allowing you to selectively choose the reward you seek and when - exactly how other Open World Bounties work. 

1. This rotation follows the same window as the Bounty rotation in the Necralisk.

2. 980f36ef2bf7c4b4ba4c334cebdf4138.png   

2. Rewards within the Isolation Vault/Arcana Bounties have been rebalanced to provide a better kick at the can for higher coveted rewards:

Droptable content breakdown:

• Orokin Matrixes 

• Less % chance overall.

• Relics

• Midpoint % between the two old Bounty types.

• Necramech Weapon Parts 

• Now split up among the three droptables so you can target.

• Necramech Mods

• Similar drop % chance, but split up to allow more targeted runs.

• Deimos Arcanes

• Significantly higher drop % chance.

• Scintillant (T1)

• Midpoint drop % chance between the two old Bounty types

• Weapon parts (T2 & T3)

• Slightly reduced: You only ever need 1 of the Sporothrix and Arum Spinosa Blueprint. Getting all the way to the Arcana Bounties and receiving another Weapon Blueprint is not a feel good moment. Although this doesn’t completely eliminate getting duplicates, the drop % reduction does allow for better chances towards the other rewards.

No longer in the tables:

• Rare Deimos Gems

• Endo

Our Warframe PC Droptable site will reflect these changes when it goes live.

BONUS: Making Sporothrix and Arum Spinosa Blueprints tradable

To balance out the Weapon Blueprint drop % reduction we’ve made the Sporothrix and Arum Spinosa Blueprints tradable. The Sporothrix and Arum Spinosa parts were already Tradable, but it’s now one step further. 

There we have it! We’re putting the final test touches on these changes to have them go live this week on PC. Unfortunately, a lot of these changes are code, meaning it will need to go through the Cert process for Consoles - expect these to come in an Update in the new year!

Please let us know your thoughts - thanks for reading!

OK, now for it to be perfect (and should translate to other open world bounties) we need two things:

Having the drop tables rotate based on a timetable is, for people who only have a couple hours a day to play is, simply crap, i couldn't tell you how many times in the last weeks i shut down the game immediately after launching because Deimos wasn't on the right time of day and i need fish from a specific time of day to build stuff. So, instead of this, why not have the 3 drop tables available on 3 different bounty chains?
You can keep the "flavor of the hour drop table active", which would be the one available directly at any tier from mother. For the other two, you can pick the bounty for it, but have to do the full chain of bounties to get there. Sure this wouldn't be too bad for T1 bounties, since it would be basically the same thing, but for T3 would be an increased effort, but at the same time, people that need specific rewards and are on tighter schedules don't have to resort to outside tools to pick when they can come and play. I mean that was the reason to end Alerts, was it not?

Second would be for one-time use blueprints, on all things, looking at Protea droptables, should have a default condition. Like, when you roll certain items it should trigger a check for the item in the inventory (or mastery of the specific weapon crafted through the blueprint), and re-roll if that happens.
Because, lets be honest, just making things tradeable doesn't really make it less worthless for players, ESPECIALLY SINCE TRADING IS A PAIN IN THE BUTT, which involves using the forums, third party resources, or having the text sifting ability of the operators in the Matrix.

Don't get me wrong, i'm thankful for the upcoming changes, it'll be awesome. But you guys can do better, you're that awesome, so, show it, yeah?

No interest in playing the game. You guys nerfed Khora and she's still a complete mess.
Xoris getting butchered for zero good reason still never got addressed.
I haven't forgotten the Bramma nerf.
Lackluster Helminth abilities still haven't received any exciting or worthwhile buffs.
Drones in Arbitrations still ruin the game mode.
Rivens are still slot machine garbage you won't do anything about, because money. Puts the commentary about the Kubrow lever in the noclip documentary to shame.

There are 3 different droptables for each Isolation/Arcana Bounty Tier that rotates every ~3 hours,

So meaning if the reward a player wanted is at the 3rd rotation droptable... then the player will have to wait 6hrs to start at least having a RNG chance to get it????!?!!!

Archived