Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Isolation & Arcana Bounty Flow Changes

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Other than being able to pull any tier from Necralisk? Did you read that part?

These changes are universally positive. Each vault should be a specific tier. The confusion you describe is directly related to being able to do them in any order, currently...

I missed that, as it was under the image, thanks for pointing it out.

I do still argue that it makes no sense that the various Mothers around in the Drift have different bounty lists, and that it was a bad idea for that to ever have been the case.

As a solo Vault runner I find that Necramechs being invulnerable until both their arms are shot off is very frustrating. Mainly because once you shoot an arm off, most of the time, they pick it back up instantly. Meaning that to kill a Necramech isn't a game of skill or weapon damage. It's a game of luck; IF the Necramech doesn't pick it's arm back up instantly and IF I am in a good position to be able to hit it's back and IF the Necramech doesn't charge off to attack a random infested whatever, then I can kill it. Doing this can take a frustratingly long time to kill a single one if you don't get lucky.

I enjoy the bounties otherwise, but once I get the weapon parts I need I will never touch them again because of how frustrating they are, and fighting the Necramechs feels like a punishment loop.

On 2020-12-15 at 9:48 AM, SneakyErvin said:

Looks like good changes and it also looks like I made the right decision to wait with my arcana vault grinding.

Same I held off this time and waited for the change I knew would come, makes it much better now as a solo player to actually get my Clan mates involded, instead of being time constrained.

9 hours ago, Yank31 said:

There was never any tier "spot".

It was an order thing, first vault you do becomes T1, second becomes T2, third becomes T3. Meaning you could, for instance, do the "middle" vault last, and make it a T3.

Doing middle vault first (making it T1), then eastern one second (making it T2) and western one last (-> T3) was just a trend which probably came from ease of execution. Since picking the bounty from inside the Necralisk would always lead you to do the middle vault first, then the eastern one was the closest, leaving the western one for last.

On that regard, they could indeed have chosen the - now - fixed spots to keep that... flow, really.

I started picking the Mothers outside it was just easier, I changed my vault order out of Necralisk gate I'd go far left first, far right second and then to the middle one, as a solo player doing them in that order just felt better.

Thank you DE you have made me very happy with this change, now I'll be able to start the new bounties because I swore to myself I'll never rush into new content ever again until fixed. Well I'm 98% sure I wont lol

Edit:
Just looked at the Mothers, I wish they weren't in set order now, I liked my system of choice for which vault tile I did first. Oh well I guess I'll have to get use to it.

Nice, though I do have to wonder why this wasnt just done in the first place. Oh well, means I can finally do the new bounties now.

One minor change regarding rewards: relics being reduced and endo being taken out is great, can we also lose the ayatan stars too? Like endo there's so many other places they can be obtained readily (run a few star chart missions with carrier loot kod equipped or crate smash Limbo build and get tons that way), and frankly getting a star after defending 6 excavators in endless missions seems a slap in the face imo

Looking at the drop tables, the regular isolation vaults drop "damaged necramech weapon stock" in the final stage of all 3 tiers.  Would it not make sense to have barrel, receiver and stock each appear in one tier, in the same way that the three parts rotate through rotation A,B and C in the arcana bounties?

I'm hoping this was an oversight and can be fixed before these changes reach console.

Mother needs to have arcana bounties too for matchmaking!

Right now it only has iso which I don't want to do and if I do it just to get to arcana people might want to extract or just repeat iso instead, it's a bad situation.

Also I can't find players for arcana in recruiting, so I'm left with matchmaking...

EDIT: also, starting an arcana bounty without any iso before it doesn't mark the teleport-tongue-thing with green marker anymore, making it hard to go topside fast.

This update isn't working as intended; the tier 2 and 3 isolation vault bounties are available from Mother in the Necralisk permanently after playing T1 and T2 respectively. But when you choose any of the vault bounties with public matchmaking, once you enter cambion drift, the group you end up in will be on a random tier, very often inconsistent with the bounty you chose. i've been asking players almost every run which tier they selected, and it's almost always different; and I can tell I'm on the wrong tier because enemy levels and vault location are wrong, confirmed once I get inside by the number of necramechs being wrong. (eg I choose T3 bounty from Mother in Necralisk, head outside, and end up with a group getting into the T2 vault at Albrecht's. I ask players what bounty they chose, and some chose T1, some chose T3, etc.)

A couple bug threads were made on the bug forum but I figured I'd mention it here just in case.

On 2020-12-14 at 9:47 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Once the Isolation Vault Tier is completed, you can run the Arcana Bounty at that same Tier.

Seems not correct. finished a T3 ISO Vault bounty, tried to start the T3 Arcana right after: "U need to complete a Tier 2 Iso Vault to unlock T3 Arcana Isoloation Vault." ?!

D2EA32DDB667E306C92763D20686C24A8DC31192

Ok I really love these changes, unlocking stuff forever.  Trying to put together a squad to go after stuff sounded like a nightmare making sure everyone understood exactly what to do.   Random groups were a crap fest lol.  No communication,  people getting pissed off and bailing, newbs losing all their revives and just being dead the whole rest of the time...

I kinda liked chaining the vaults together though when it worked...  Doing iso 1-3.   I was in the process of figuring out the new arcana bounties...

Wasn't sure if you could do ISO 1 and then arcana 1-3+ or if it was just  ISO 1 and then arcanae 1 on repeat..   and eventually ISO 1-3 and then arcanae 3 on repeat for a shot at the sniper...    All of those options sounded long and painful.

I did do a few ISO 1 and then arcane 1 on repeat and it was actually fun, and good training.  

---------------

It will be ALOT easier to get a group together now,  it will be ALOT easier to do in random squads....

-----------------

I hate that flower picking objective though, both in the vault and outside....

On 2020-12-14 at 9:04 PM, [DE]Megan said:

You'll need to run the Isolation Vault Bounties 1 more time to unlock them all forever.

Changes will come this week - still running some tests!

This currently not working need to redo the iso vaults every single time you reload the map. Hoping somebody else has reported it

This is really great thank you. 

I've found the arcana missions so inaccessible and such a trudge that I've never even done them because I couldn't be bothered trying to find a squad. Glad you've changed it to be more accessible and quicker. Also, drop table changes are fantastic 

On 2020-12-14 at 12:47 PM, [DE]Megan said:

You will only ever need to complete a specific Tier of Isolation Bounty once to unlock the next Tier.

1. For example: Complete the Tier 1 Isolation Vault near Necralisk Gates. You can then leave Deimos or even log off, and the next time you return to Cambion Drift you can go immediately to the Tier 2 Isolation Vault Bounty location and run that Bounty. No need to run the Tier 1 bounty again if you don’t want to.

Nope... did a t1 vault yesterday.. came back today to hit t2 

got a nope from mom..

start over...

need a little break from the event runs

so i run a full set and check back tomorrow and update

• 2 weeks later...

DE can we please have a way to get back to the surface quickly the same as Iso vaults currently have, run near tube get sucked up and spat out, currently doing Arcana Bounties depending on which part of the underground your're at you have to travel nearly a 1 km to get back to the surface then fly to the gates wait until gates are open it's bloody frustrating especially when other players get lost in the tunnels and you have to force extract with a timer at the gates, go inside and then back out again to the mother so you can pick the same bounty again.

The grind is time wasting because of travel time, days and days to not even get the part/s you need. Though I'm getting an even bigger supply of relics and arcanes, relics I need like a hole in the head, I have hundreds and hundreds in each type and they're pretty much useless, unless I get a forma from it.

Edit:
I found a way back to the top but unlike Isolation Vaults the way to the surface is not marked, you have to look for the Esophage to get back to the surface.

• 1 month later...

I made around 3k plat off isolation/arcana content lol.  So I have ran all types ALOT now.  I just have a couple of comments to make. 

• Putting all matrix in all iso tiers makes it very hard on newbs to rank up.   Tier 1 should only have newb matrix, tier 2 should only have ballistic matrix, tier 3 should only have animus matrix.   Common should give x2,  uncommon x3, rare x5.   
  • During Arcana runs new objectives can spawn on top of you.   You have to leave the area and then re-enter to trigger the objective to start..... Either objectives should be unable to start in the same tile as the one you just finished the previous obective on or if they spawn on top of you they should be able to recognize you are there and start the objective....   

Also what Slayer said above.... going directly into arcana missions makes the exits not get marked on the map.... 

Otherwise they are awesome,   kinda bored of the small amount of objective variety lol.   Still hate picking flowers with a passion.    Why do mist vents have to knock you down every time??  

-----------------

There are still some host/client lag issues that can pop up.   Like vault door emblems all being the same,  different objectives breaking,  people getting stuck in disabled states until they die and revive.   I dont think pets revive upon player death/revival until you get back to the surface....  

I even learned and mastered all the little secret amp treasure rooms and stuff!!

Im ready for iso tunnels to get even BIGGER/DEEPER!!   3 Main tiles rooms!!  Some kinda bounties with 4-5 objectives WITH mechs that can be repeated.  

I posted elsewhere but I want a tile with a HUGE endochrine lake.

Archived