Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity getting nuked by update

(XBOX)Harbinger XK5

vor 33 Minuten schrieb Sloan441:

Shoot stuff. 

It is why you carry guns around after all. 

She's effectively unkillable, so you just...shoot stuff. 

not quite. there are certainly gaps and then she tips over immediately. the armor was also not turned.
when it comes to survival, there are much better alternatives. trinity is unpopular and you can see that in the game. if it is about 1 hour camping, you can maybe take trinity with you. but otherwise and above all, who is playing for more than 1 hour today?

Just now, Battle.Mage said:

not quite. there are certainly gaps and then she tips over immediately. the armor was also not turned.
when it comes to survival, there are much better alternatives. trinity is unpopular and you can see that in the game. if it is about 1 hour camping, you can maybe take trinity with you. but otherwise and above all, who is playing for more than 1 hour today?

I like going on 200 round defenses and 10 to 15 hour survivals

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

He is right though. Trinity is overall trash because everything she does another frame can do better, while bringing more offense or not needing any skills involved at all. Protea is a better energy provider, she also substitutes well as a healer with very little maintenance involved, ontop of that she brings massive damage and zone control. Gara and Rev are better ability based tanks if that is what you are after, since their rebuffing is not needed nearly as often. And then you have the natural tanks that dont need neither DR or healing skills.

Trinity may fill some spot along the way before you have access to the things that enable those frames to reach their full potential. But with all the options we have for healing and energy sustain, Trinity quickly turns obsolete. If you want self sustain for health it is better to just pick up a panzer, since it wont pin you into a single frame.

Newsflash: many frames, guns, and melee weapons can do something another frame, weapon, and melee weapon can't do.

Sometimes I use a redeemer for eidolons....does that mean the Kronen prime is trash because I can't crack a Synovia as easy? 

Did you know people are allowed to actually use more than 2 or 4 frames and weapons in the entire game? And that their "omg time ta kill" isn't gonna change that much?

2 hours ago, (PSN)II2j-ZII said:

Either keep it from taking damage in the first place: Limbo/Frost/Gara

CC: (If you're lame) /s

Or, just nuke: Equinox/Saryn/Mesa

But for real, I do think support frames should be able to heal objectives the way they used to. What other use do they have at this point?

I wouldn't be bad if it weren't for the fact of nullifiers and everyone in this thread keeps saying use weapons but how does that matter when they destroy the excavator before i can even remove their bubbles given that nullifiers are coming from every direction at once.

2 hours ago, VeraElena said:

They could (and I'm pretty sure they still can) heal NPCs, such as the operative in Arbitration Defense missions, but Defense objects were pretty much always unhealable with Blessing and other healing abilities like Harrow's Penance. Trinity's recent ability to do so was a short lived bug and has been fixed as such.

Some things like Vazarin worked, and I'm sure Khora's cat could heal objects as well.

yeah somehow I doubt it was a bug.

53 minutes ago, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

This actually WAS a fix. Just a fix that players would dislike. They changed healing defendable objects to have a majorly low cap for all heal effects so you can barely heal them at all a few months ago. It was just that Trinity was skipping the heal cap and doing her normal heal. Her current heal that DE decided is the intended interaction is 500 hp over 5 seconds, and it cannot stack.

Source: 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

You didn't notice when it could it was very nice and I enjoyed using trinity

Magus repair is still better than trinity regardless trinity has lost any real niche outside of eidolon hunts.

I wouldn't be bad if it weren't for the fact of nullifiers and everyone in this thread keeps saying use weapons but how does that matter when they destroy the excavator before i can even remove their bubbles given that nullifiers are coming from every direction at once.

Sin descripción disponible.

Look, you can multiquote instead doing 4 different comments, press this button:

Sin descripción disponible.

20 hours ago, trst said:

People still use Trinity unironically?

Jokes aside just do what everyone else does and nuke the map to the point of nothing getting in sight of the excavators, CC spam the map, or just use Frost/Gara/Limbo.

Duuuude... trinity is a good frame dont you be knockin her like that!!!

16 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Newsflash: many frames, guns, and melee weapons can do something another frame, weapon, and melee weapon can't do.

Sometimes I use a redeemer for eidolons....does that mean the Kronen prime is trash because I can't crack a Synovia as easy? 

Did you know people are allowed to actually use more than 2 or 4 frames and weapons in the entire game? And that their "omg time ta kill" isn't gonna change that much?

And no one said that isnt the case, You read too much into what is said, you should have noticed the "overall trash" part. Which is the case for frames like Trinity and Chroma along with weapons like the Redeemer. They are great for one specific mode and rather useless or pointless for everything else. The problem with both of those frames is that their skills have no real use in most missions or difficulties, because you wont need that amount of sustain and defense when it practically takes up all skill spots in your kit, or the few spots left over are complete and utter trash like in Chroma's case. It is kinda like WoW healers and tanks, sure you can run your raid build for heroics and other crap, but it is highly pointless since you wont need the healing or defense for that content, and could easily spend parts of the build on dps.

Of course people are allowed to use whatever they want, but that doesnt magically make those choices good compared to others. I dont think I ever even mentioned anything about kill speed, I just drew comparison to things that can give any frame the things that make trinity worthwhile early on. As I said, she fills a spot on our path to progress, but when we've progressed far enough her benefits are universal and not tied to a single frame kit. I'm probably one of those people that play non-meta in 99% of my missions since my favorite frames are Grendel, Wukong, Hildryn, Protea, Revenant, Ash and Frost. I think the closest of those that come to meta would be Ash the few times I run disruption or Frost when I happen to run Excav.

17 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

And no one said that isnt the case, You read too much into what is said, you should have noticed the "overall trash" part. Which is the case for frames like Trinity and Chroma along with weapons like the Redeemer. They are great for one specific mode and rather useless or pointless for everything else. The problem with both of those frames is that their skills have no real use in most missions or difficulties, because you wont need that amount of sustain and defense when it practically takes up all skill spots in your kit, or the few spots left over are complete and utter trash like in Chroma's case. It is kinda like WoW healers and tanks, sure you can run your raid build for heroics and other crap, but it is highly pointless since you wont need the healing or defense for that content, and could easily spend parts of the build on dps.

Of course people are allowed to use whatever they want, but that doesnt magically make those choices good compared to others. I dont think I ever even mentioned anything about kill speed, I just drew comparison to things that can give any frame the things that make trinity worthwhile early on. As I said, she fills a spot on our path to progress, but when we've progressed far enough her benefits are universal and not tied to a single frame kit. I'm probably one of those people that play non-meta in 99% of my missions since my favorite frames are Grendel, Wukong, Hildryn, Protea, Revenant, Ash and Frost. I think the closest of those that come to meta would be Ash the few times I run disruption or Frost when I happen to run Excav.

So how does hitting an enemy that only has 20k health for 300k damage also matter? Did you not just say that most missions and difficulties don't require that amount of sustain? 

Oh, but last time I checked, people were still dying in arbitrations and now Steel path, even sorties. If you run with a bunch of 5 year vets that's fine, but you guys aren't the meat and potatoes of warframe.

And Revenant and wukong are quite meta....so what are you talking about? 

vor 20 Stunden schrieb (PSN)II2j-ZII:

Either keep it from taking damage in the first place: Limbo/Frost/Gara

CC: (If you're lame) /s

Or, just nuke: Equinox/Saryn/Mesa

But for real, I do think support frames should be able to heal objectives the way they used to. What other use do they have at this point?

of course ... every warframe should have its niche. even if it is small and insignificant. then you can say that every warframe is good for something. 5-6 years ago others still needed energy, for example. I really enjoyed playing trinity there. But now ... I even help others a lot more with nekros and also put cc and resonator on it. helps a lot more and what vaz heals with magus lvl 5, you probably know very well.

On 2020-12-15 at 7:28 AM, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

As for your limbo you're forgetting about those BS nullifiers

On 2020-12-15 at 7:32 AM, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

Nullifiers exist remember

On 2020-12-15 at 7:31 AM, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

you're forgetting about nullifiers which makes that strategy not viable

Man, if only nullifiers had some easy drone you could shoot to indefinitely remove their shield, or if there was some way to even temporarily remove their shield to target the inital null shield generator. 

you’re blowing the difficulty of nullifiers way out of proportion. 

3 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

But now ... I even help others a lot more with nekros and also put cc and resonator on it. helps a lot more and what vaz heals with magus lvl 5, you probably know very well.

I was unaware that Vazarin and Magus Repair had a 200m range and instantly heal all party members to full, including their shield, as well as giving them some good damage reduction, multiplying their EHP by 4.
At a 200m Range (with fosfor), so you can do that pretty much wherever you are and heal some dude 4 rooms away in that survival.

And free energy is still a nice thing, especially in places such as ESO. But even outside of ESO, a lot of people stopped using Zenurik for the much better Naramon for melee. No one is gonna complain over not having to plop down one or multiple pizzas and waiting for that slow energy to trickle in when Trinity gets them at max energy almost instantly. Especially newer players that don't have the resources for those.

There aren't really better options for healing or energy restoration, as Trinity is the best option for both of them. There are just very much inferior options that you can use with other frames, so that people don't have to use Trinity.

Not to mention that she is basically the most tanky frame in the game due to instant full heals and very high damage reduction that works on shields. And people play frames like Inaros that do nothing other than being tanky, lol.

3 hours ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

Man, if only nullifiers had some easy drone you could shoot to indefinitely remove their shield, or if there was some way to even temporarily remove their shield to target the inital null shield generator. 

you’re blowing the difficulty of nullifiers way out of proportion. 

Yea, nullifiers are only a real problem for things like max range Limbo or builds trying to afk farm. Everyone else can just... shoot them.

vor 58 Minuten schrieb VeraElena:

I was unaware that Vazarin and Magus Repair had a 200m range and instantly heal all party members to full...................

I haven't read any further ... because I've been playing every day for a long time. I also don't want to know what to do to get the same thoughts. for heaven's sake! just not!
maybe this is reality for you ... maybe you actually play like that and that is needed !!!! I don't even want to know ... but now I'd rather forget it quickly - dangerous for the brain.

6 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

So how does hitting an enemy that only has 20k health for 300k damage also matter? Did you not just say that most missions and difficulties don't require that amount of sustain? 

Oh, but last time I checked, people were still dying in arbitrations and now Steel path, even sorties. If you run with a bunch of 5 year vets that's fine, but you guys aren't the meat and potatoes of warframe.

And Revenant and wukong are quite meta....so what are you talking about? 

We dont give up anything to increase the damage of our weapons. We dont need the 300k damage potential, but it is there at no sacrifice. Just as you give (gave) up nothing when modding Khora for her whip since it does the same job at lower and higher levels, which is killing. There is no reason to replace the damage mods just because you dont need them because there are no other mods you need in their place. However, on a frame you bring 4 specific skills, where in Trinity's case are kinda pointless in most places. Even in arbis and steel path you have little use for them, since when you die it is most often due to a 1HK and we cant heal dead targets.

When and where are Rev and Wukong meta? They are good frames, but I dont think they've ever been meta except for when Rev could 1HK Liches. They arent the most efficient at anything, they are however safe bets in most cases, but that isnt the same as meta.

3 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

I haven't read any further ... because I've been playing every day for a long time. I also don't want to know what to do to get the same thoughts. for heaven's sake! just not!
maybe this is reality for you ... maybe you actually play like that and that is needed !!!! I don't even want to know ... but now I'd rather forget it quickly - dangerous for the brain.

Ah yes "the upsides of a thing do not exist because I personally can not understand them and I refuse to do so".

Amazing line of thinking, if you can even call it that, lmfao.

Your pathetic english skills kind of ask the question on if you even understood what you read.

On 2020-12-15 at 3:42 AM, AlendasNaro said:

Is it really that difficult to kill enemies or at least keep them crowd controlled so they don't shoot it?

For Trinity it is....

Mind you... You don't get a say on where the Extractor is positioned. Also surprise surprise 79% of all excavators are positioned in Disadvantageous Positions.... So yeah... They tend to get Destroyed depending on the loadout you bring.

On 2020-12-15 at 7:03 AM, trst said:

People still use Trinity unironically?

Apparently.... Even Mag doesn't have it as Bad as Trinity these days.

On 2020-12-15 at 7:17 AM, nslay said:

Can you still heal Eidolon lures?

I believe so... And I believe since they are classified as Allies and not Defensive Objectives... Blessing works on them the same way it does on Tenno allies.

This game can be so complicated sometimes 😞.

On 2020-12-15 at 7:44 AM, (PSN)Mofojokers said:

I think an issue people have is they want to main Warframes.

Why can't we main Warframe's though ? I think we should be allowed to.... Hell they should add a tab for it on our Profiles.

On 2020-12-15 at 7:59 AM, Hypernaut1 said:

Hey specter doesn't heal or give energy anymore either. I wonder if it's related

On 2020-12-15 at 8:47 AM, Hayrack said:

LMAO, and I had planned to build Trinity specter just for that purpose...

Wisp Spectre is best Spectre 😉.

On 2020-12-15 at 10:51 AM, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

It wouldn't be an issue if those things STILL couldn't get oneshot.. which is weird since apparently they scale now, which I haven't seen myself.

They genuinely do scale now... By a couple hundred HP.... 

In other words... It was a pointless change....

On 2020-12-15 at 10:54 AM, Butterfly85 said:

Erm, doesn't chucking extra canisters at the excavators restore them?

I believe it only Restores their Shields... I don't remember if it Restores their health.... 

And the amount of Damage they take is going to overshadow how much health you can restore anyway.

On 2020-12-15 at 2:28 PM, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

As for your limbo you're forgetting about those BS nullifiers

That's kinda the whole point of the Minimum Range....  They aren't that big of an Issue unless if your intent is to leave the Excavator completely unattended like you can on Grineer missions.

On 2020-12-15 at 2:31 PM, (XBOX)Harbinger XK5 said:

you're forgetting about nullifiers which makes that strategy not viable

It's totally viable.... In fact.... There's even a build that works with max Range by making use of Rift Surge... But that one requires a lot more Micromanaging.

On 2020-12-15 at 2:59 PM, Battle.Mage said:

Trinity is trash now. how often do you need energy? there are already better solutions for everything.

But they are all band aids that get in the way of people's options....

Sometimes we want to try different Arcanes, Focus Schools, Helminth Abilities and Mod Configs.

Nobody wants to be Pigeon Holes just to get Energy.... Sorry... I don't know if I used that phrase properly.

On 2020-12-15 at 2:59 PM, Battle.Mage said:

and most people have magus repair lvl 5 anyway.

Doesnt work on anything that isn't a Warframe 😥...

Archived