Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here's the most accurate review of Warframe I've seen in years

Rxanadu

That's no exaggeration: someone by the username Malruth posted a 6-hour-long review of virtually all of the features in Warframe. I watched throughout the entire video, and as someone with over 2800 hours in this game (which is, ironically, not as much time as most people think), I can confidently say everything they have to say about the game is spot-on. They even provided some interesting information based on their perspective of the game, as well.

The video has timestamps for every major feature, so you can skip around to whatever feature you're interested in. The presenter has a talent for maintaining your attention throughout, so you can put it on as a podcast.

Are you nuts? This is longer than ... what ... Titanic? Yeah, Titanic... 3 hour movie. You could watch it twice in the span of this "review."

EDIT: Well, at least he puts timestamps. I still can't believe someone would first shoot a 6+ hour video, edit the whole thing, and then actually succeed in uploading it in this century.

3 minutes ago, Aldain said:

...Like anyone is going to watch a video that long.

My time is worthless and even then that video is a waste of time.

This video could have been a series of smaller focused videos and might attract more viewers if they were each 30 minutes max. Certainly wouldn't scare so many people who press "play" and see a 6 hour play time like it does now.

If it was in like 10 to 30 minute videos i could get behind it but 6 hour long video that abit crazy. Definitely a bad idea considering most people won't sub for nonense like that.

Edit : I'm gonna friggen listen to the entire friggen lot for you OP.....

Edit 2 : Ok this lad is pretty darn intresting, on point so far and has a good voice.

Edit 3: Ok i get what OP is pointing out. I actually think this 6 hour video should be listened to by all DE staff. He is insanely on point on everything and so well detailed in his points.

Edit 4 : Half way through and yet to find a single thing to go against. Like no joke lads um i am dead set that if the devs watched this, took the 6 hours we might see some amazing changes.

Edit 5 : Forgot to edit this i did finish the entire thing and i couldn't disagree on a single thing. As someone who has been around for awhile i found it like a chamber hearing the same issues been rung out from the community over and over.

It both saddens me and made me wonder why the same feedback has been rung out over and over and is still been said by newer lads.

12 minutes ago, Xaero said:

Most likely the only people who could be interested in such a review are the ones who spent a lot of time in this game and know it all already.

QFT. It's a waste as a review, since reviews are for people considering playing something. I think if it were titled "My big brain thoughts as a Warframe vet" or something then it would make more sense.

Maybe he'll figure out a way to make an abridged version around 30-45 minutes and simply reference timestamps from this video using links for people who want to seek out more detail.

1 hour ago, nslay said:

Are you nuts? This is longer than ... what ... Titanic? Yeah, Titanic... 3 hour movie. You could watch it twice in the span of this "review."

EDIT: Well, at least he puts timestamps. I still can't believe someone would first shoot a 6+ hour video, edit the whole thing, and then actually succeed in uploading it in this century.

People post 100 hour videos of Nyancat.  On loop.  At full volume.  As a meme.  OnO

As usual, this youtuber is playing stuff up and feigning incompetence to make a point. 

Yea, void outs are annoying, but he doesn't even properly jump over a chasm and it's like he intentionally misses the jump to make it look hard....

If you need to jump over a large chasm...you need to aim your reticle higher than slightly above waist level....he could have easily cleared those jumps.

The reason why you black out while void dashing across a pit is obviously because your frame dropped while you were dashing.

Don't let your warframe drop down into nothingness. You leave your warframe on a ledge and void dash from the ledge, using a hot keyed energy pad at 25% energy to finish the rest of the void dash.

Yes; they made an update and fixed the high ceilings which sucks. But he also clearly walks out of the map, then acts surprised when he gets a void out....like what did you think was gonna happen....

The maps are big enough to explore....you don't need to walk 10m off the map in a corner behind a building.

And if your frame does drop, like shown in the video....you can continue dashing as operator, but then you need to transference once you reach your destination. 

You get teleported backwards when you don't bring your frame with you....

If you use your operator a lot like I do, you have to use your warframe as a checkpoint and make sure you don't leave it to far behind. 

Many eidolon hunters will tell you how they've accidentally left their warframe somewhere and forgot about it, only to be teleported 100m from the eidolon when you die as operator. 

Always bring your frame back to you if you dash a long distance. This is why we have arcanes that activate on transference: you should be using transference back and forth at some times.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Back in my days we gave TL;DRs on every video we've posted..

Guess people don't have much time now.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tye bro take my word on this one brother, listen to it on your next warframe session. It's actually good I'm four hours in and still enjoying it. It's a 6 hour review of everything in Warframe. But the lad has a great voice, the expeirence and skill to word it correctly and just knocks it out of the park on everything. I haven't found a single thing to disagree with him on.

I'm honestly hoping even a single DE staff takes the time. He kinda sums up everything so darn well with both love and respect for the game.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

As usual, this youtuber is playing stuff up and feigning incompetence to make a point. 

Yea, void outs are annoying, but he doesn't even properly jump over a chasm and it's like he intentionally misses the jump to make it look hard....

If you need to jump over a large chasm...you need to aim your reticle higher than slightly above waist level....he could have easily cleared those jumps.

The reason why you black out while void dashing across a pit is obviously because your frame dropped while you were dashing.

Don't let your warframe drop down into nothingness. You leave your warframe on a ledge and void dash from the ledge, using a hot keyed energy pad at 25% energy to finish the rest of the void dash.

Yes; they made an update and fixed the high ceilings which sucks. But he also clearly walks out of the map, then acts surprised when he gets a void out....like what did you think was gonna happen....

The maps are big enough to explore....you don't need to walk 10m off the map in a corner behind a building.

Still, some tilesets have very "odd" out of bounds barrier. DE.. I can climb back in that small hole, you don't have to force me back up. Operator? I can drop my warframe 2 kilometers away and I can recall it at will. 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Aldain:

...Like anyone is going to watch a video that long.

My time is worthless and even then that video is a waste of time.

the title is already fail. better would be: "in my opinion ...". because that's just how someone interprets the situation and has nothing to do with reality.

Archived