Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What have they done to controllers in this game?

Pawkeshup

Question

I've been away for a while, just patched up and loaded into the game.

It seems that something has been done to the controller settings. The first thing I noticed is that my camera feels like someone set the sensitivity 10x higher than it's ever been needed. No matter what adjustments I did, even defaulting and trying again, it just spazzes out constantly. This using the same controller I had when I used to play. Then I hopped into railjack to get some glassmaker points. I couldn't access my weapon systems, and pushing too forward on movement was causing me to autoboost.

What the heck did they do?

9 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Pawkeshup said:

I've been away for a while, just patched up and loaded into the game.

It seems that something has been done to the controller settings. The first thing I noticed is that my camera feels like someone set the sensitivity 10x higher than it's ever been needed. No matter what adjustments I did, even defaulting and trying again, it just spazzes out constantly. This using the same controller I had when I used to play. Then I hopped into railjack to get some glassmaker points. I couldn't access my weapon systems, and pushing too forward on movement was causing me to autoboost.

What the heck did they do?

If you play on Steam it's possible you might have Steam Input enabled and the default config might have been replaced by some unholy Config from someone else...

You can just disable Steam Input on Warframe specifically or on all your Games if you don't use it at all.

If that's not what happened then try posting in the Feedback Section or sending a bug report (I don't have the link for that 😞)

8 hours ago, Pawkeshup said:

I know how it used to work, but it doesn't. I wasn't pressing the thumbstick down, I was literally trying to move forward. If I pushed it past the "walk" speed, it would start causing me to boost. The controller works EVERYWHERE else, on every other game, without a single different. It's ONLY Warframe where any of this nonsense is happening.

As evidence: https://youtu.be/-Y6q8Cx1eAw

On my Steam Input Config I have Sprint bound to the Outer Ring of the Left Stick hence if I push the left stick far enough The ship will boost....

And this would be annoying.... Except I never EVER go anywhere near the Pilot's Controls in Railjack... I'm strictly an Engineer... I engineer S#&$ 😝.

I really hope the problem is Steam Input because I can't think of anything else that would cause this.

8 hours ago, Leyvonne said:

For a long time I had an issue where my character would start running when only lightly moving the stick forwards and would keep moving even if completely let go of the stick. And Warframe was the only game that I had this issue with. I got it fixed when DE added the option to adjust deadzones. Highly recommend trying those out.

Oh cool.... Didn't know that... !!! 🙂

There are different settings in the options. For mouse, for controllers, for railjack, for archwing. You have to scroll down for a bit to find the settings for controllers. All the sliders look like and named exactly the same, just different small title above them.

If what you mean by "weapon systems" in railjack is the ship's abilities, then just like warframe abilities, you choose between three icons on lower right with d-pad, and use it by pressing right trigger.

Boost is activated by pressing the right thumbstick.

If you already know all of those stuff -yet you still make this thread, then something did went wrong. You might want to look into your controller / pc / software instead. They might be the one who act up.

I know how it used to work, but it doesn't. I wasn't pressing the thumbstick down, I was literally trying to move forward. If I pushed it past the "walk" speed, it would start causing me to boost. The controller works EVERYWHERE else, on every other game, without a single different. It's ONLY Warframe where any of this nonsense is happening.

As evidence: https://youtu.be/-Y6q8Cx1eAw

For a long time I had an issue where my character would start running when only lightly moving the stick forwards and would keep moving even if completely let go of the stick. And Warframe was the only game that I had this issue with. I got it fixed when DE added the option to adjust deadzones. Highly recommend trying those out.

32 minutes ago, (PSN)Mordekaiser_5 said:

Have you tried to calibrate it or reset or ''disect'' it in order to check if there is no dust or dirt?

Controller isn't the issue. It works in the dozen or so games I've tested so far this morning.

18 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

I have been, but they don't seem to do anything, and that doesn't fix why it is boosting me when I move in Railjack. I don't even see a button config where that's able to be changed.

i have this when i run through steam.
i have a separtate luncher for the plain game and onbly log in via steam for tennogen purhases.

there is instructions on creating a non steam launcher from the steam one by using a string command... i cant think of what it is off the top of my head though.

*edit* i created a copy of the EXE from the steam folder, then added this string without quotes to the "TARGET" section of the EXE under properties.
"-cluster:public -registry:Steam"

Sorry, forgot to swing back by here since I've been busy getting stuff in the game. Lutesque had the answer. For some reason, Steam started loading its own config for Warframe. No idea why it happened or when. Oddly, it wasn't loading it for other games.

It also meant any changes INSIDE Warframe did absolutely nothing. The second I locked in the Warframe controls, the defaults worked 10x better than whatever nonsense Steam loaded.

So big thanks to Lutesque!

On 2020-12-22 at 9:19 PM, Pawkeshup said:

Sorry, forgot to swing back by here since I've been busy getting stuff in the game. Lutesque had the answer. For some reason, Steam started loading its own config for Warframe. No idea why it happened or when. Oddly, it wasn't loading it for other games.

It also meant any changes INSIDE Warframe did absolutely nothing. The second I locked in the Warframe controls, the defaults worked 10x better than whatever nonsense Steam loaded.

So big thanks to Lutesque!

Wait... Really ? I was helpful ? 😮 This must be a mistake... 🤔 I'm never helpful 😝.

Archived