Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos: Arcana: Prime Vault 29.5.9

[DE]Megan

41 minutes ago, I.V.A.R.A said:

Having sensible changes is always great... But having decent endo without it being the stupid Arena was so nice. Even vets need endo, as you frequently release 16 drain mods. 

Really wish you wouldn't have taken Endo out. 

Then there are "vet" vets who have maxed all these really expensive mods and are still sitting on a reserve of 1,000,000+ endo.  I think this change was aimed more at us.

Just now, Irishspongie said:

Then there are "vet" vets who have maxed all these really expensive mods and are still sitting on a reserve of 1,000,000+ endo.  I think this change was aimed more at us.

Yeah, I mean, DE goes to lengths to make any content accessible to anyone who wants it (see, helminth mastery requirement being greatly dropped from planned), but from the beginning I feel like the new vault content was geared more towards the type of player, as you said, who has no real need for endo, who doesn't even have their reserves dented seriously by new primed mods from Baro. Especially with the drop rates for necramech mods, and how long and more restrictive they were to get to the final tiers of originally (if nothing else because of time investment), it was meant to be a serious timesink for serious players. Plenty of places for players to get endo already. 

19 минут назад, Tesseract7777 сказал:

It's also backwards how its chosen. From what I understand it isn't even straight "turns" like the new primes, it's more decided based partly on how many people have that prime or don't, in their inventory.

Actually, i haven't missed a single unvaulting, and so i can say that for the last year DE have been pretty consistent with the them, Mirage is the first prime that's been unvaulted twice (i mean before the rest of the frames have been unvaulted).

Only primes whose relics haven't been in rotation from the day that i've started playing are:
Hydroid (haven't been unvaulted longer than Mirage, but have been given out via twitch, so rip tentacle boi); 
Volt (Baro brought him recently);
Mag, Loki.

I've also heard that they've already increased amount of unvaultings per year compared to how it's been before, but you probably should know about it better than i do.

But waiting for more than a year part definetly sucks 🙁

13 minutes ago, SilentMashiko said:

how come we can't launch underground bounties from necralisk as well? what's the point of removing prerequsite of doing vault first if we can't matchmake into underground bounties anyway

You would become too furious too fast, and that's a no-no. Spend as much looooonger in the game, that's the way.

the 3 vault run that still exist? do you have to do all 1-3 in a row now or can you do any vault 3 times and you get a reward?

to solo 3 vaults it did takes me 45 min to do all 3 vaults to completion and to have rewards roll over now, can you confirm that the rewards would be from the pool that you started the mission on? lets say you started 25min into the bounty and to have it roll over at the 3rd vault is kinda dumb because now time wasted.

can you also add a mission break down in the pause menu when your on the mission. you cant click on mother again to review the rewards again, i cant remember everything

also i would love to pause in deimos and not die, i literally only play by myself. i cant even pause the game to go to the bathroom. in a vault i have to climb to the highest point to be safe and make sure i dont die. you can make time still go but the ai needs to pause.

Thanks for the update, this changes are very good in general lines. However, I have to ask:

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Each Isolation Vault Bounty Tier now has a specific Mother location in Cambion Drift to provide a concrete flow with less confusion.

1. Tier 1 = Mother located in ‘UNDULATUM’

2. Tier 2 = Mother located between ‘ALBRECHT'S PROSPECT’ and ‘CATABOLIC GUTTER’

3. Tier 3 = Mother located in ‘THE ABSCESS’

Can someone explain me the reasoning behind this design? As far as I can tell, this adds no value to the game whatsoever, and it's actually the opposite of what is told here: it only serves as a source of confusion to players. Why can't we have all bounty tiers available in all Mother locations? Even more, wouldn't it make sense to have them available inside the necralisk, when talking to Mother? That should definitely be of help with matchmaking, now that each tier will be available on it's own.

Vault missions from necralisk currently buggy.

Taking T1,T2 or T3 bounties does not mean you end up in a mission for the vault you chose. 

I took a T2 bounty and ended up in a T1.

In the same group were two others who took T2 and T3 respectively.

Seen this issue in every vault I've done so far, taken from Necralisk.

1 minute ago, General-Pacman said:

Thanks for the update, this changes are very good in general lines. However, I have to ask:

Can someone explain me the reasoning behind this design? As far as I can tell, this adds no value to the game whatsoever, and it's actually the opposite of what is told here: it only serves as a source of confusion to players. Why can't we have all bounty tiers available in all Mother locations?

Because each location on the map is intended to be specific vault, now. I don't understand why you see this as a negative. It is a universally positive change...

I mean... is it really confusing? Each location is a specific vault tier... This is pretty straight forward. 

The previous system was far more confusing...

dr steve brule confusion GIF

6 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I mean... is it really confusing? Each location is a specific vault tier... This is pretty straight forward. 

I would agree with with you if each vault tier was in a visible landmark or building that could easily be recognized as a point of interest; but each one of them is a hidden cave that's it not easy to spot right away. That itself wouldn't be such an issue if each vault required just to accept the mission and go inside, but the worst about this is the fact that you need to pick the mission, then fly around the entire map to collect residues, and just then come back to start the vault run; that alone makes the design of picking the mission next to the vault entrance completely redundant, and as I said, prone to confusion.

The line of sight check added to Whipclaw in U29.5.0 is unreliable and should be replaced with something else.

giphy.gif

I'm just going to post old examples again, it takes more time to process a video than it does to find them and I think I have plenty.

giphy.gif

The line of sight check is too fragile for this application and only makes using Whipclaw unnecessarily buggy and unreliable.

giphy.gif

You've intentionally introduced a buggy mechanic to Khora's core ability that only hinders legitimate gameplay.

giphy.gif

This has not been addressed for 9 hotfixes. It's been broken like this for almost a month.

This is annoying and clearly should be reverted or replaced with some other change if you're concerned about Whipclaw. Might I suggest a simple damage falloff like any other explosive weapon? At least then my attacks would connect.

There are also other issues related to the line of sight check that are similarly unresolved. The line of sight can fail even on direct hits to enemies grabbed by Strangledome depending on the placement.

@[DE]Megan @[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Steve @[DE]Pablo @[DE]Grineeer

1 minute ago, General-Pacman said:

I would agree with with you if each vault tier was in a visible landmark or building that could easily be recognized as a point of interest; but each one of them is a hidden cave that's it not easy to spot right away. That itself wouldn't be such an issue if each vault required just to accept the mission and go inside, but the worst about this is the fact that you need to pick the mission, then fly around the entire map to collect residues, and just then come back to start the vault run; that alone makes this design completely redundant, and as I said, prone to confusion.

No markers for these locations is certainly a point of confusion but it has nothing to do with the changes made in this update, which are universally positive.

I do agree that it would be nice if they had markers for where you can find the bounty givers for vaults in Cambion Drift, but at the same time it is really easy to loc-pin the locations.

1 minute ago, General_Soldiernator said:

Can you please fix the bug with the Shedu not being able to be used while holding something like a datamass or powercell? This bug has been prominent and has not been fixed for quite a bit.

Is this a bug? Holding datamass/powercells has always restricted the use of primary weapons. Is there a reason why the giant arm cannon should be exempt from this rule?

vor 1 Stunde schrieb [DE]Megan:

Necramech Weapon Parts 

• Now split up among the three droptables so you can target.

you mean if we will lucky the part we want is in the rotation that currently runig or else we have to wait
and if you dont get the part you want in that time frame you wont get it for some time

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

Is this a bug? Holding datamass/powercells has always restricted the use of primary weapons. Is there a reason why the giant arm cannon should be exempt from this rule?

At first it was advertised with the ability to be used while downed, or holding datamass/powercells, to which it *was* able to do so. Plus if you think about it, you're only using ONE hand to use the cannon, so the other hand is essentially free to do anything else.

Just did the T1 and T2 Isolation Vault. When I then checked with the T3 Mother, she tells me I need to complete Vault T2 first - which I just did. The Arcana Bounty for the T2 Vault I just did also is still locked, just as if I hadn't completed the vault at all.

EDIT: Restarted the T2 Vault now, trying to unlock it (again). Skipped the bait making stage and directly sent me to the toxic tunnels stage. I wonder how many more bugs I'll get in a single run!

EDIT2: Redid T2 Vault. Killed both Necramechs, was offered the Bonus stage, but couldn't do it because the bonus vault was already open from my first run. Escaped to the surface, and now it seems the T2 bounty counts as completed.

Archived