Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Revisit old Puzzles

dandeloreon

There is some long standing bugs in the older portions of the game needing revisited. I personally like some of the older puzzles, and there is a chance to fail the mission in these puzzles due to the potential of the puzzle to lock you in a room with no way out...

Example Video:

Platform: Xbox One

Game Version : 29.5.5 ( still likely exists since there is nothing in bug reports on this)

Note: I would post this in the appropriate section, but I do not have permissions in-forum to create threads in the xbox forums.

Did you try /unstuck?

But yeah, that shouldn't happen :P

And in general, that whole thing where you may get teleported when sliding across a the ground where a door / wall can slowly descend,
even if it doesn't cause you to get stuck afterwards, that REALLY needs to go already.

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Did you try /unstuck?

But yeah, that shouldn't happen :P

And in general, that whole thing where you may get teleported when sliding across a the ground where a door / wall can slowly descend,
even if it doesn't cause you to get stuck afterwards, that REALLY needs to go already.

I already tried. The command "?unstuck" does nothing since I am in what is considered a "Valid Location" by the game .

• 3 months later...

I mean if you had done it properly and not via an exploit you wouldn't be stuck. But yes the sliding bug needs to be fixed. That's the only bug here(in the video).

edit: there's also the one with the wind tunnel throwing you up where you can operator dash into the closing treasure sphere and then get stuck there if you transferrence back into warframe during/after it's closing.

On 2020-12-17 at 10:30 AM, NinjaZeku said:

Did you try /unstuck?

Would that even work ? 🤔

On 2020-12-17 at 12:41 PM, dandeloreon said:

I already tried. The command "?unstuck" does nothing since I am in what is considered a "Valid Location" by the game .

That's what I was thinking....

6 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Would that even work ? 🤔

That's what I was thinking....

The "/Unstuck" command does not work. I have tried it several times.

9 hours ago, Megalomaniakaal said:

I mean if you had done it properly and not via an exploit you wouldn't be stuck. But yes the sliding bug needs to be fixed. That's the only bug here(in the video).

edit: there's also the one with the wind tunnel throwing you up where you can operator dash into the closing treasure sphere and then get stuck there if you transferrence back into warframe during/after it's closing.

This also introduces another problem... The fact that all existing warframe puzzles completely lack any form of introduction. I thought this was the proper way to do the puzzle because when I normally get to this room another tenno has already finished the puzzle. So i figured the proper destination was to go right for the treasure room itself.

2 hours ago, dandeloreon said:

This also introduces another problem... The fact that all existing warframe puzzles completely lack any form of introduction. I thought this was the proper way to do the puzzle because when I normally get to this room another tenno has already finished the puzzle. So i figured the proper destination was to go right for the treasure room itself.

Not everything you encounter should be spelt out for you. You described them as puzzle rooms, thus there should be something to figure out. These specific ones are however introduced in Maroo's weekly Ayatan hunt. All other "puzzles" are quite obvious in their design(ascension halls) or encourage you to be aware of your surroundings(Jupiter). These 3 destinations are basically all the locations that could be considered puzzles, so not sure what you want more explanation for. These specific room also has white skid marks on the walls indicating rough locations you should be wall jumping.

I do however agree with the base title, I would like them revisited, but not to be made easier, but the exact opposite. They were made before Parkour got majorly overhauled, so are now a complete joke with the buffs to movement, upgrade them to fit with the faster movement we currently have.

6 hours ago, PhiThagRaid said:

I do however agree with the base title, I would like them revisited, but not to be made easier, but the exact opposite. They were made before Parkour got majorly overhauled, so are now a complete joke with the buffs to movement, upgrade them to fit with the faster movement we currently have.

And outside maroos weekly treasure hunts at least, better rewards. I'd love to get something like 100 mutagen samples from a treasure room on deimos/derelict for an example. Or 10 Argon in void. etc. I don't think it's too much to ask.

16 minutes ago, Megalomaniakaal said:

And outside maroos weekly treasure hunts at least, better rewards. I'd love to get something like 100 mutagen samples from a treasure room on deimos/derelict for an example. Or 10 Argon in void. etc. I don't think it's too much to ask.

Might be a bit high rewards, but if it is a difficult enough parkour challenge it sounds good to me.

8 hours ago, PhiThagRaid said:

Not everything you encounter should be spelt out for you. You described them as puzzle rooms, thus there should be something to figure out.

My issue with these Challenge Rooms is If you Fail... You can neither Quickly Restart nor Can you Walk into the Locked Spaces to figure out how you are intended to complete the Challenge...

Imagine if you screwed up in Portal and you had to Restart the Chapter instead of just the part where you screwed up.... That's essentially what makes these "Puzzles" Terrible.... 

The same goes for Spice Missions.... I like Spice Missions but the process of Learning them is Terribly Implemented....

I think a key point here is Motivation

for myself and I'm sure many players

Puzzle Rooms are something you do Once to unlock the Junction, then try to forget they ever existed.

The reward rooms at the end have a half dozen empty alcoves aside from the 1 drift mod.

Imagine if some of those had other items? Rare Resources (argon), Kuva, other random rare mods?

Then maybe we'd have a reason to revisit them and care about any bugs.

On 2021-03-25 at 8:41 PM, PhiThagRaid said:

Might be a bit high rewards, but if it is a difficult enough parkour challenge it sounds good to me.

Yeah lets assume that those examples involved a booster to actually get that. So half that without booster.

23 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I think a key point here is Motivation

for myself and I'm sure many players

Puzzle Rooms are something you do Once to unlock the Junction, then try to forget they ever existed.

The reward rooms at the end have a half dozen empty alcoves aside from the 1 drift mod.

Imagine if some of those had other items? Rare Resources (argon), Kuva, other random rare mods?

Then maybe we'd have a reason to revisit them and care about any bugs.

Ah that's Lua puzzles, while the previous posts were discussing the void/derelict ones.

4 hours ago, Megalomaniakaal said:

Yeah lets assume that those examples involved a booster to actually get that. So half that without booster.

Ah that's Lua puzzles, while the previous posts were discussing the void/derelict ones.

Oh

well, the point still applies

I pretty much Ignore all those puzzles as well for the same reason; they don't reward anything worth my trouble.

Archived