Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Companion Rework... When?

operational

Id like to start this asking [DE]Sheldon... pleaseeeeeeeeee???

The info we know(as I remember)

• Sunika Kubrow rework overall
  • Quirks to companion
  • Breeding
  • New Acquisition method

Dear Sheldon, can you please talk next Devstream about your work on this, Im really frustaded with some mod capacity for my beloved companions, I have a Smeeta and a Sahasa that cannot handle more mods even if I forma all slots. I want more freedom to invest in them, I dont have any problem with the AI, for me, Kubrows are strange as Im a collector and breeded more than 20 different kubrows and some are buggy and some are great and only one performs the best, always by my side and always attacking prioritary targets, Vitin, my Sahasa, Saved me more times than my teamates and I really love him, but I cant use a fully upgrade Link-Health, Shields or Armor on him because of Bite and Maul, 2 obligatory mods in my opinion. Im so excited for this rework, its something Im really anxious about, please talk to us.

Some of my complains in the current system.

• Damage mods on the companion and the lack of a real "weapon" (Claws) maybe with different stats acroos the breeds.
  • Lack of mod capacity, this can be fixed by moving Bite and Maul to the "weapon" Claws mentioned above.
  • Lack of usage for Kubrows, since Kavats provides better benefits in gameplay, for me Kubrows should be the Defensive Tanks Protectors and maybe that should be more defensive mods options to them, Kavats can do good damage overall but they should be less "tanky"(?), Tek assault is really broken on them but makes sense, give Kubrows some "Class Identity"
  • MOA's should feel more Artillery Like, being more agile towards the player and shooting enemies as the usual Enemy MOA's do from distance.
  • I dont know who's idea was to make an Infested Kavat that can Revive Itself forever, Its great, Really, but that only makes every other companion more useless than the Vulpa's, we should have similar or at least More useful survival mods for the other companions, Maybe MOA's can auto repair if you protect them, Maybe your Kubrow can Feed on some enemies to restore health as he attacks, Maybe Predasites could burrow underground to heal for a time. Kavats already have Tek Assault and by the time you can breed them, you should be able to get it from fortuna. 

Please Sheldon (つ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ I want this Christmas Gift.

I am in the opinion of just making them invincible. Reviving your companions once every 10 second is not fun. This simple fix will make all companions viable in all content. Link-Mods need to go, forcing us to use tanks if we want our companions to be survivable is not very good gameplay design.

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

I am in the opinion of just making them invincible. Reviving your companions once every 10 second is not fun. This simple fix will make all companions viable in all content. Link-Mods need to go, forcing us to use tanks if we want our companions to be survivable is not very good gameplay design.

This. 

Theres zero reason to NOT make them indestructible. On high level content sentinels explode immendiately so theres no point using them besides the one that resurrects itself if I remember right. Other pets die constantly unless you use link mods, but the problem with link mods is you need a really tanky warframe or they are useless. 

So, atm we are limited to using only few warframes if we want the pet to stay alive longer than 10sec which is not good. 

Its even worse that vacuum is tied to them do if they die you won't have vacuum... 

Another thing is they should make Smeeta buff available for all pets, almost everyone uses smeeta because the buff is just too good to ignore. I prefer MOAs and Kubrows but I will NEVER use them as long as Smeeta has its buff... 

5 hours ago, xombob89 said:

Theres zero reason to NOT make them indestructible.

Guys, having them other options to revive is gamplay wise, we as players must manage what situation we need and for what frames, also a maxed Link Health giver ur companion 120% of your frame health, you dont need a tanky frame to get a good number but yea the pets dont have any survival tool except for the Vulpas and that why theyre "broken".

35 minutes ago, operational said:

Guys, having them other options to revive is gamplay wise, we as players must manage what situation we need and for what frames, also a maxed Link Health giver ur companion 120% of your frame health, you dont need a tanky frame to get a good number but yea the pets dont have any survival tool except for the Vulpas and that why theyre "broken".

Have you took your pet to Steel Path, Arbitration, Tridolon, ESO or any high level content? Can you count how many times your pet gets downed? Pets shouldn't have health in the first place. Their AI is stupid and unresponsive because of that they can't dodge enemy attacks well and they just rushed in without any rational planning.

Low survivability can work on human players, but not on unresponsive AI controlled companions.

One of the main reason pets end up downed is because they do not avoid hazards. 

Grineer? They'll stand in napalm and hyekka master fire and die

Corpus? They'll stand in sapping bombs and traps. 

Infested? Hot damn do they love to stand in tar and osprey farts. 

Eidolon? Ahahahhahahhahahaha literally stand in every hazard. 

Sentients? Stand still while being discolasered to death. 

So you know if we could atleast get pets to I dunno move away from hazards and aoe effects it would help a lot. 

The simple ability to tell them to hold position or defend my target would greatly help me with mine. Im tired of my companion in parts where im trying to be sneaky running off and alerting everything. And also tired of seeing them across the map from me when im defending a point then having to run off and revive it

Archived