Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fight Your Illusion

.Monarch

New type Stalker inbound. Under the influence of Technocyte virus and Corpus experimentation.

Tennos who were subjugated to Corpus experimentation has came back to haunt our sins.

The new type Stalker, will only be seen by the ones whom he's haunting.

He will appear exactly like the haunted, moves exactly like the haunted.

Details:

New type Stalker, enter into battle regularly. But will only appear to the one he's hunting.

He is a doppelganger, have weapons, moves just like the hunted. He can be killed by allies, but allies will not be able to see, or hear him. The only confirmation of a success hit, will be the blood splatter.

Lore:

Grineer successfully take over Corpus territories, and captured/found the Tennos that are being experimented on. Instead of usual routine of bullet in the head, they picked up where they left off. And altered the hostages for their own use. They release the horde of new type Stalkers, that we were unable to save. As Ruk fulfilled his words - We are returning your fellow Tennos to you...

Reward:

Due to failure to defend Corpus, Prova Vandal and Detron is forever lost. But since Grineer captured Corpus technologies, and turned our captured Tenno into the new type Stalkers. We are able to recover bits and pieces of Prova Vandal and Detron's Blue Print. 

Conclusion:

I caught a cold, brain is on the state of roaming. It is an idea it came up with when thinking about Dead Space 3, and the outcome of this war. This solution/implementation is a win/win for both parties. I didn't think about anything "IF Grineer lose", since that situation is highly unlikely. The majority of community seems to have a tendency on supporting those who are hellbent on genocide us.

Also this new type of Stalker would be a "quick fix" for the problem of Stalker being too easy / Not scary. Also save DE sometime, does not require creating new "New Type Stalker". All they need to do, is pull out the player's Frame model, colour, weapon set. And input corresponding AI behavior. 

What would the taunts for the duder/gal be? I would prefer something on the 'crazy' or 'witty' lines whereas since these experimented Tenno do not know how regular Tenno are expected to act. "Don't worry, we never forgot about your loyalty" (for people who forgot with the Grineer) or "So quick to let us die?" (For Corpus)

Edited by ParryDox

Supporting because game needs more minibosses or something random that is rng, just to spice the normal missions up.

Offtopic: one way to look at why support grineer instead of corpus; corpus is(or at least seems to be) rapidly advancing faction unlike grineer who are slowly deteriorating genetically and don't seem to be in any technological hurry. Thus corpus is more of a threat in long term. Also they dissect us :<

Uh maybe have it so they can see a little blur like Loki's Invisibility. Having your team mates not be able to see the enemy is going a bit overboard. Scratch that

No invisibility at all.

Current Stalker is easy as pie, it's not challenging, it's not scary. Whenever he appears, everybody just stands around, appears...Everybody starts mauling, Stalker K.O.ed within 5 seconds. While it's scary for beginners...Which mind you, Stalker no longer appear in lower tier missions.

What would the taunts for the duder/gal be? I would prefer something on the 'crazy' or 'witty' lines whereas since these experimented Tenno do not know how regular Tenno are expected to act. "Don't worry, we never forgot about your loyalty" (for people who forgot with the Grineer) or "So quick to let us die?" (For Corpus)

There will be no taunts. Well, according to my suggestion anyways. The dialog would be... "...Kill..."

Since they are experiments, I'm suggesting brain washed. Perhaps, our "killing" would bring peace back for those Experimented Tennos. Perhaps as Lore, they awaken and join back to our side as an "Advance Tenno"

Side Note:

The leaked(?) Berserker concept art. Her general design gives feralness, but also seems like it's an escaped Prototype some sort. Perhaps it's related to this event.

Yea and he's weapon set costs 900 platinum.

And if you somehow manage to kill him, you got 0,001 chance that he will drop BS-s of weapons.

While I sincerely hate RNG from the bottom and dig deeper of my heart.

I'd very much rather take those RNG chance, than having Detron / Prova Vandal extinct. (That hand cannon is looking too good to give up)

Things you don't need / new / non-essential items always costs a lot.

While Stalker's gear set calls a different name...It is basically a "Prime version" of the existing gear.

While my suggestion, New Type Stalker only drops two items, I'd suppose if DE do take this idea, it wouldn't cost as much.

Side Note:

The leaked(?) Berserker concept art. Her general design gives feralness, but also seems like it's an escaped Prototype some sort. Perhaps it's related to this event.

Someone told me that she was part of the Zanuka Project and she escaped. I have no proof and for all I know, he could just be speculating.