Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Events related stores should not contain eidolon droptable arcanes to not devalue players time and efforts

tipsy_princess

You will always get toxic folks complaining every time arcanes are added to an event reward shop as previous posts on this thread and others have beautifully illustrated time and time again. 

I understand their frustration that the once lucrative market for arcanes has been heavily diminished due to Scarlet Spear but something they really need to understand is that Warframe is not centred around them and their beloved Eidolon hunts and many, many players simply do not want to grind time gated and seizure inducing Eidolons.

An extremely small section of the playerbase have lost a very profitable farm after many years of exclusivity to the benefit of the wider playerbase and they will bemoan this change forever no matter what is said.

Oh please... Arcanes from Eidolons shouldve always had an alternate way of obtaining them. You people defending the system because you wasted thousands of hours on it... It would be fine if the fight was different every time or you could bring more varied warframes and weapons to it, but its same thing over and over and over and almost impossible to do public. Its your own fault for spending so much time on it instead of demanding a more reasonable drop tables. 

They should add them to all world bosses like profit taker, and if Deimos gets a big boss, add them there too for variety.

I have zero arcane energize because I refused to play the same mode for thousands of times. I did play them quite a bit, but got bored and best I got was rank 1 guardian and grace. 

Eidolons is also very toxic gamemode from my experience, too many tryhards who ragequit if all 3 wont go down in 5mins time, or they fail because somebody doesnt put the shard on the shrine etc etc... 

14 minutes ago, gueezy198 said:

Oh but you wont be bored by playing same event by 6 hours straight right?

Right because there are free arcanes there ^_^

I'm pretty sure I would have more fun getting the arcanes from a vendor in a day or two using the warframe and weapons, I wanna use than going through bosses that are time gated but only to end up getting one I don't want or need due to rng using a Warframe that isn't even my cup of tea

2 hours ago, -Alleluia- said:

Eidolons should have something added to their droptables that is worthwhile for those who like to hunt them.

It's called focus that goes over the daily cap.

And for OP:

Moving rewards from one grind to another doesn't devalue your time.  They're making them accessible to players that don't like hunting Eidolons for one reason or another.  They still have to grind for them.  As far as them being available through currency and not RNG, that's how things should be anyway, so I super don't care if anyone doesn't like it.

Most of you people making this argument are just mad that you can't charge an arm and a leg for arcanes during these events just because a lot of people don't want to deal with the boring, extremely buggy, super cookie cutter BS that is Eidolon hunting.  Heaven forbid we have another option to acquire these things outside of that mess of trash.

The solution is simple:  massively increase the drop chance of valuable Arcanes. Drop chance for Energize/Grace/Barrier should be 15% on Hydro, and not 5%. Or perhaps go full yolo and have Eidolon drops 2 arcanes each capture instead of just 1 (3 for Steel Path, cuz why not?) This way DE can put arcanes on event drop table, while still keeping it worthwhile for people to hunt Eidolons.  

Tbh after 300+ Hydrocaps Im sick of it all already.

i kinda get most people defending arcanes store just wanna earn plat on difference in price when event ends, and kinda get DE simply has nothing more to offer to gain players back for this event, because majority of playerbase don't even wanna touch mechs ever again after maxing it.

so mech event + bad online (almost 3 times less than in september) is clearly has to offer something to gain back players attention. but seriously. what about people who play before/after the event. dozens hours for same rewards you can get in minutes.  sure having another source would be ok in case it would be equal. but since it's not equal and never will be equal - it's simply a punishment for anyone who will not grind exact event.

nobody benefit from this but greedy retraders.

Multiple avenues of aquisition for items is healthy to split up gameplay and change things up for players farming items. I just think DE needs to spend more effort analyzing the time it takes to get various things and trying to find a number they like before releasing something and maintaining this investment for alternate farming methods. Scarlet Spear dropping Arcanes was fine, the problem was that it was multiple times better than Eidolons for farming and required way less knowledge of the game or gear investment.

7 hours ago, tipsy_princess said:

As stated in topic name, i suggest to reconsider events store content to not make it duplicating arcanes existing in another game mode. Simply because no matter what the event playthrough going to be, it's certainly won't match the time and efforts people spent on eidolon hunts

How about no...

Just as example during scarlet spear i was able to grind out 3 arcane energize per 20 minutes while being semi-afk. Which is complete joke in compare to spending 15+ hours sweating and doing 6 hydrolists each night cycle to get same 3 arcanes.

This is less to do with the Arcanes themselves and more to do with the Event being a Catastrophe.

That's a huge spit in the face of everyone who did hunts before and after the event. Such neglect attitude to the players efforts should not be tolerated.

I don't even have the patience to sugar coat my response to this sort of Attitude anymore... I wish I could literally spit in the Faces of people who want all the toys for themselves because Lotus knows they deserve it.

6 hours ago, (NSW)MoonlightSerenade said:

Sorry but I do not AFK farm, I end up soloing alot of scarlet spear also. ( We dont have macro on console :) )

Ignore him... He's clearly trying to get A reaction out of you.... 

6 hours ago, (NSW)MoonlightSerenade said:

Did you not take time to read my post ? Migraines and Seizures do exist for some of us and I will not argue any more besides that point. Have a nice day :) 

There you go... 🙂.

That discussion was going no where....

6 hours ago, gueezy198 said:

Oh but you wont be bored by playing same event by 6 hours straight right?

Right because there are free arcanes there ^_^

I mean... Il bite...

I have a saying regarding content that I find unenjoyable:

"If you can't make it fun... Make it short."

I'm not going to pretend like Scarlet Spear was more engaging than Eidolons but what it did was Take something that would take 6 Months to get and give it to you in 6 Hours... 

This can only be a good thing....

If people like OP want to wear their Suffering like a Badge of Honour then good for them.... Just keep that S#&$ away from me. 

7 hours ago, gueezy198 said:

So if you dont AFK farm, just hop in Eidolon Hunts :)) since that cant be automated and boom there you go problem solved and you have arcanes.

Why don't you hop in them and wait years for that one arcane you want to be blessed by RNGesus? Good luck with that.

4 hours ago, tipsy_princess said:

i kinda get most people defending arcanes store just wanna earn plat on difference in price when event ends, and kinda get DE simply has nothing more to offer to gain players back for this event, because majority of playerbase don't even wanna touch mechs ever again after maxing it.

nobody benefit from this but greedy retraders.

I have 132 tier-3 space completions in Scarlet Spear. This is not a flex, it's a frame of reference for how many ScarCredits I had to throw around.

I finished my arcane set, bought a second for posterity (in case any longlost buddies return to playing) and then bought 200 Stance Forma blueprints for the sheer meme of it.

So I'm not a greedy retrader. I just didn't have to do any more blinding, S#&$e-performance Hydro-hunting any more, because that burned out its welcome once the game stopped playing smoothly for me.

Subjectivity aside, let's look at the objective:

>For every player who hunted Arcanes from Eidolons, in a timely (average probability or less) manner:
There are people who suffered poorer luck and put in more time and effort before getting your rewards
There are people who burned out before doing so, who can benefit from getting to pick up their Arcanes elsewhere.

>For every player who hunted Arcanes from Eidolons, taking a long (below-average probability) time: 
There are people who invested effort approaching your own, who quit because the burden of grinding RNG was too much for them. Who still lack Arcanes.
There are people who already put in comparably little effort to you, who got their Arcanes regardless.

>For every player who hunted a long time and still haven't met their collection goal:
There is no greater chance of getting the rewards from the current point than when they started, despite a run of bad luck (Gambler's Fallacy)
There are many people who have more results from the effort invested.

Which bucket do you fill? 1 is pure egotism and selfishness, 2 is judging others on your subjective run of bad luck, 3 is sunk-cost fallacy.

Pick your poison.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Eidolons and effort in the same sentence. You absolutely devalued your own credibility right there. Lmao.

I second this motion... 🙂.

But then again... Who am I to judge.... 

Perhaps he genuinely finds that Activity Challenging.... I mean... Different strokes right ?

6 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Eidolons are literally a game mode waiting for animations to end to one shot them, absolute fun right there!

I tried to spice things up one time by taking my Umbral Booben to a Hunt using an OverDriver Build....

It was "Functional".... But even that didn't feel challenging... But it took longer....

6 hours ago, -Alleluia- said:

I understand their frustration that the once lucrative market for arcanes has been heavily diminished due to Scarlet Spear but something they really need to understand is that Warframe is not centred around them and their beloved Eidolon hunts and many, many players simply do not want to grind time gated and seizure inducing Eidolons

When they added Thumpers to the plains and you could get those rare  PoE set mods from them I was genuinely happy despite the fact that I had suffered to get my Augur Secrets...

Remember when this mod used to cost over 80 Platinum ? 

I farmed for it so much that I had multiple sets of Relics (the relic was the prize you get when you were unlucky) going over 200 each.... Which I thought were useless but when they got vaulted someone was willing to pay 20 to 50 Platinum per Relic so... 🤑CHACHING🤑...

anyway As I was saying.... I was happy because other players... Players who I don't even know.... Don't have to suffer like I did. 

6 hours ago, -Alleluia- said:

An extremely small section of the playerbase have lost a very profitable farm after many years of exclusivity to the benefit of the wider playerbase and they will bemoan this change forever no matter what is said.

You know... This is understandable.... But at the end of the day... SCREW'EM !!! 😈

6 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

I always thought having ventkids maxed was what made you #true_veteran.

True... Even I don't have that 😮.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

It's called focus that goes over the daily cap.

It's good that you brought this up because it They are other ways of Getting Focus....

5 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

because a lot of people don't want to deal with the boring, extremely buggy, super cookie cutter BS that is Eidolon hunting. 

PREACH !!!

5 hours ago, Bakaguya-sama said:

Tbh after 300+ Hydrocaps Im sick of it all already.

Apparently I've killed just as many Hydolyst's as I've captured....

I think it's like 100 Each.... LoL... I find this funny.

i kinda get most people defending arcanes store just wanna earn plat on difference in price when event ends

It's not even that... Most people defending them just want to complete the sets they don't have first....

They worry about Plat Sales after they finally have one of their own.

sure having another source would be ok in case it would be equal. but since it's not equal and never will be equal - it's simply a punishment for anyone who will not grind exact event.

You're right... It should be equal...

However, what has us concerned is that you want Equal Suffering over Equal Benefits....  The type of equality you are proposing calls into question what type of person you are 🤔.

7 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

I always thought having ventkids maxed was what made you #true_veteran.

Hahaha, I tried to do it but Im only half way or something ;D

I see a mod cleaned the thread because my previous reply got modified and the quote removed, looked kinda weird like that but w/e. 

Ah yes the trolley dilemma. 

I am an Eidolon Hunter. As long as DE keeps arcane giveaways in limited time events I couldn't care less. Patience OP, in 2-3 months the value will recover and return to normal. What you can do is hoard those arcanes and resell them later for huge profits.

9 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Ah yes the trolley dilemma. 

I am an Eidolon Hunter. As long as DE keeps arcane giveaways in limited time events I couldn't care less. Patience OP, in 2-3 months the value will recover and return to normal. What you can do is hoard those arcanes and resell them later for huge profits.

Will it tho? IIRC Prior to Scarlett Spear Arcane Energize was around 100 plat for a R0. And that's when you only needed 10 to max out 1.

Now you need 21 to max out. Yet the highest Energize ever got back to was ~65 plat. And we weren't 100% sure if an event like Scarlett Spear ever gonna come back. That was like <24 hrs ago, prior to the devstream.

As we speak the price has already dropped to ~40 plat. I suspect it will drop even sharper as more and more people learn the news (veeery few people watch a middle of the workday devstream). And now we know an Arcane dropping event will likely happen once every year.   

I don't think Energize will ever go higher than 40 plat a pop ever again.  Eidolons will likely not be worth the effort anymore. Unless DE seriously boost the rewards for Eidolon hunting or something.   

I really don't understand people like the OP.
Please tell me: Why must you insist that everyone suffers through the same things you suffer though?  Even when that is objectively bad for the game as a whole the vast majority of cases?

No one actually suffers when things become more accessible.  No one actually loses anything when you're given more ways to farm something.  The only ones who claim that are greedy and selfish people who whinge about "But I had to spend hours grinding this years ago!!!!!  Its not fair!!!!"  Just be happy that you got yours well before anyone getting theirs from this event.  And its not like them getting things from this event in any way diminishes what you have.

Further this is hardly a new trend.   Practically everything in this game has been made easier to grind through over the years, and I would know as I have seen time and time and time again.  And you know what?  I don't hold any animosity or anger towards the systems and the players that use those systems to get things in hours that took weeks to get back in the day.  I'm actually fairly happy that there are more options and chances to get things so that they don't have to spend weeks grinding away at abysmal drop chances.

Would you have been on the forums complaining when DE made it so that you always got a warframe part from an assassination mission instead of just a chance that a part would drop? (I can't recall the number of times I ran assassination missions and got absolutely nothing back in the day, but it was definitely at least a 40% chance you just wouldn't get any drops from the boss)
I mean did you complain when the mutalist alad v coordinates we put as rewards in the derelict missions instead of just rare invasion rewards?
Did you complain when DE made it so that a single person could take all 4 dragon keys into the derelicts instead of being forced to get into a full squad to guarantee access to the vault?
Did you complain when DE lowered the amount of invasions needed to claim a reward?
Did you complain when DE made it possible to see what weapon a kuva lich would have before accepting them?
Did you complain when DE made it guaranteed that an Ambulas would spawn in certain pluto missions, making it much easier to farm Animo beacons to get into the boss fight?
Did you complain when DE made arcanes from little duck come crafted instead of in BP form?
Did you complain when DE added in thumpers that gave mass amounts of PoE resources?
Did you complain when DE made the orbs in OV give mass amounts of OV resources?

And I could go on and on with examples of how DE has moved to make things smoother and easier and with more ways to get things than they when they first put something in.  And every single change has been good for the game as a whole; and yet a certain segment of the forums have complained every single time some change like this was made.

This is just a continuation of that trend and in no way different.  Its good for the game as a whole and the players in general.  And the ones who claim that its bad, wrong, spiteful and insulting really should double check their priorities as it seems like their priorities are that everyone suffers like they did and that nothing should ever get any better because it wouldn't be fair to them.  And that is just a very self absorbed and selfish way to look at things.

22 hours ago, tipsy_princess said:

As stated in topic name, i suggest to reconsider events store content to not make it duplicating arcanes existing in another game mode. Simply because no matter what the event playthrough going to be, it's certainly won't match the time and efforts people spent on eidolon hunts.

Just as example during scarlet spear i was able to grind out 3 arcane energize per 20 minutes while being semi-afk. Which is complete joke in compare to spending 15+ hours sweating and doing 6 hydrolists each night cycle to get same 3 arcanes.

That's a huge spit in the face of everyone who did hunts before and after the event. Such neglect attitude to the players efforts should not be tolerated.

So do not add existing in another game mode arcanes to the event (including upcoming mech event), or at least match the drops/efforts in original game mode/event store.

they did the same with raids. get cucked.

Personally, the reason i hated Scarlet Spear was the fact that the intrinsic value was inferior to the reward itself. The core loop was bad, and the rewards were too good for that. I hope this event is better mechanically implemented, and its intrinsic value is good.

Squad link was amazing, but the ground missions were just mobile defense or repeat, and and Murex missions were just "imma park my RJ inside the Sentient ship and enemies are too dumb to attack it while its defenseless.", with more mobile defense inside the murex.

I want my space battles with coop dammit!

Archived