Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Events related stores should not contain eidolon droptable arcanes to not devalue players time and efforts

I really don't understand people like the OP.
Please tell me: Why must you insist that everyone suffers through the same things you suffer though?  Even when that is objectively bad for the game as a whole the vast majority of cases?

No one actually suffers when things become more accessible.  No one actually loses anything when you're given more ways to farm something.  The only ones who claim that are greedy and selfish people who whinge about "But I had to spend hours grinding this years ago!!!!!  Its not fair!!!!"  Just be happy that you got yours well before anyone getting theirs from this event.  And its not like them getting things from this event in any way diminishes what you have.

Further this is hardly a new trend.   Practically everything in this game has been made easier to grind through over the years, and I would know as I have seen time and time and time again.  And you know what?  I don't hold any animosity or anger towards the systems and the players that use those systems to get things in hours that took weeks to get back in the day.  I'm actually fairly happy that there are more options and chances to get things so that they don't have to spend weeks grinding away at abysmal drop chances.

Would you have been on the forums complaining when DE made it so that you always got a warframe part from an assassination mission instead of just a chance that a part would drop? (I can't recall the number of times I ran assassination missions and got absolutely nothing back in the day, but it was definitely at least a 40% chance you just wouldn't get any drops from the boss)
I mean did you complain when the mutalist alad v coordinates we put as rewards in the derelict missions instead of just rare invasion rewards?
Did you complain when DE made it so that a single person could take all 4 dragon keys into the derelicts instead of being forced to get into a full squad to guarantee access to the vault?
Did you complain when DE lowered the amount of invasions needed to claim a reward?
Did you complain when DE made it possible to see what weapon a kuva lich would have before accepting them?
Did you complain when DE made it guaranteed that an Ambulas would spawn in certain pluto missions, making it much easier to farm Animo beacons to get into the boss fight?
Did you complain when DE made arcanes from little duck come crafted instead of in BP form?
Did you complain when DE added in thumpers that gave mass amounts of PoE resources?
Did you complain when DE made the orbs in OV give mass amounts of OV resources?

And I could go on and on with examples of how DE has moved to make things smoother and easier and with more ways to get things than they when they first put something in.  And every single change has been good for the game as a whole; and yet a certain segment of the forums have complained every single time some change like this was made.

This is just a continuation of that trend and in no way different.  Its good for the game as a whole and the players in general.  And the ones who claim that its bad, wrong, spiteful and insulting really should double check their priorities as it seems like their priorities are that everyone suffers like they did and that nothing should ever get any better because it wouldn't be fair to them.  And that is just a very self absorbed and selfish way to look at things.

Edited by Tsukinoki
  • Like 7
22 hours ago, tipsy_princess said:

As stated in topic name, i suggest to reconsider events store content to not make it duplicating arcanes existing in another game mode. Simply because no matter what the event playthrough going to be, it's certainly won't match the time and efforts people spent on eidolon hunts.

Just as example during scarlet spear i was able to grind out 3 arcane energize per 20 minutes while being semi-afk. Which is complete joke in compare to spending 15+ hours sweating and doing 6 hydrolists each night cycle to get same 3 arcanes.

That's a huge spit in the face of everyone who did hunts before and after the event. Such neglect attitude to the players efforts should not be tolerated.

So do not add existing in another game mode arcanes to the event (including upcoming mech event), or at least match the drops/efforts in original game mode/event store.

they did the same with raids. get cucked.

• Like 2

Personally, the reason i hated Scarlet Spear was the fact that the intrinsic value was inferior to the reward itself. The core loop was bad, and the rewards were too good for that. I hope this event is better mechanically implemented, and its intrinsic value is good.

Squad link was amazing, but the ground missions were just mobile defense or repeat, and and Murex missions were just "imma park my RJ inside the Sentient ship and enemies are too dumb to attack it while its defenseless.", with more mobile defense inside the murex.

I want my space battles with coop dammit!

Edited by Kaggelos
8 hours ago, Bakaguya-sama said:

Now you need 21 to max out. Yet the highest Energize ever got back to was ~65 plat. And we weren't 100% sure if an event like Scarlett Spear ever gonna come back. That was like <24 hrs ago, prior to the devstream.

Scarlet Spear will return, but we don't know when. The reason why energize never reached 100p unranked anymore is because it got nerfed on Warframe Revised. Reducing the value of it in the process. Back in the day I can just stack 2 R3 Energize and I can say goodbye to energy economy.

Eidolons are still worth it, because you get 3 random arcanes per run and they all have market value. 

20 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Patience OP, in 2-3 months the value will recover and return to normal.

I don't know, man.... If Scarlet Spear does come once Year... The. I don't think Arcanes will ever have the value they had before the event existed... 

I say this just to into perspective just how terrible Eidolon Hunting is... 

10 hours ago, Bakaguya-sama said:

Will it tho? IIRC Prior to Scarlett Spear Arcane Energize was around 100 plat for a R0. And that's when you only needed 10 to max out 1.

Exactly what I was thinking... 

10 hours ago, Bakaguya-sama said:

I don't think Energize will ever go higher than 40 plat a pop ever again.  Eidolons will likely not be worth the effort anymore. Unless DE seriously boost the rewards for Eidolon hunting or something

Some more frame Viability would be nice. 🙂

9 hours ago, (XBOX)XG1anBl4derX said:

This is the same argument used by that degenerate conclave player lmao

You mean the one about the Universal Medallions ? Yeah DE dropped the ball hard on that one...

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Just be happy that you got yours well before anyone getting theirs from this event.

I find this to be plenty enjoyable all on its own... Like how I got the Nightwave Ship a week before everyone else did... Apparently I was doing content in which Cephalite Enemies had a high probability of spawning for two weeks.... This gave me a 1000 Point Buffer per day ahead of everybody else.... And before I knew it... Rank 30....😮.

I mean did you complain when the mutalist alad v coordinates we put as rewards in the derelict missions instead of just rare invasion rewards?

This might explain why Mesa was highly recommended back then... Since she's Harder to get DE made her Uber strong to compensate.... While farming the Electricity Dual Stat mods I rarely if ever got one of these Coordinates... I got plenty of High Voltages though 😝...

Did you complain when DE made it so that a single person could take all 4 dragon keys into the derelicts instead of being forced to get into a full squad to guarantee access to the vault?

Damn... It must have been rough for Solo players back then 😮... 

Did you complain when DE added in thumpers that gave mass amounts of PoE resources?

Don't forget Augur Secrets too !!! 🙂

Did you complain when DE made the orbs in OV give mass amounts of OV resources?

If it wasn't for this... I don't think I would have gotten all the Vox Solaris Arcanes.... Including the Rubbish ones 😱...