Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I have a question about how people feel about people who RP their character, even if other players are not RPing..

(PSN)Saryn-Lady

Question

Well, this might sound silly, but I'm a girl who really enjoys RPing. However I have not found a clan that focuses on RPing. So this has put me in an annoying circumstance.

i often find myself RPing my character in missions with total strangers. Does this bother people at all, or do you think other players would accept my goofy style of playing and find it enjoyable. I would love to know what you think the community thinks? and while I do enjoy it, I grow concerned I may come off as just plain weird...  I'm just wondering if it's kind of charming or that no one really cares about my childish nature.

ciuld anyone offer me some advice?

Just now, (PSN)Dr_Bruiser said:

I can't see why anyone would have a problem with this.  In-game chat isn't very intrusive, so I'd say go ahead and have fun.  If anyone doesn't like it, they are free to leave squad or put you on ignore.

Thanks Doc. I swear I'm not a weirdo! It reminds me of acting, which I LOVE to acting! I've received many compliments in the past, and even had about 10 or 12 people (who were not interested in RP originally) only to later come and join me in my embarrassing , yet captivating RP sessions!

1 hour ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Rp'ing isn't all that weird, but you should be considerate of other players and not drag them into your rp without asking first.

I assure you, I am extremely fair! ^_^

In fact I've been told numerous times my involvements enrich the experience. Not to toot my own horn, but I've been told I'm a wonderful player AND Roleplayer! A shame my friends poof since I haven't played in months. :/

1 hour ago, (PSN)Saryn-Lady said:

Well, this might sound silly, but I'm a girl who really enjoys RPing. However I have not found a clan that focuses on RPing. So this has put me in an annoying circumstance.

i often find myself RPing my character in missions with total strangers. Does this bother people at all, or do you think other players would accept my goofy style of playing and find it enjoyable. I would love to know what you think the community thinks? and while I do enjoy it, I grow concerned I may come off as just plain weird...  I'm just wondering if it's kind of charming or that no one really cares about my childish nature.

ciuld anyone offer me some advice?

I'm an ex- The Sha'tar EU WoW player: back then you were IC every interaction unless you put a ((Hi)) message up for player-to-player chat. I RP'd on a forum for ten years and so I see why it can be rewarding and fun- just let the party know beforehand or you can get a lot of grief for it *nods*

31 minutes ago, (PSN)Saryn-Lady said:

Sure no problem. Typically my character would show up to help other Tenno as she has much faith on space mom. So my Ivara is somewhat quiet, and REALLY hates the Grinder In particular. So I'll trype out statements here and there to give other players an idea of what my Ivara is like. Honestly she's a lot of fun, And I had acquired many fans who joined me a little over a year before I my ps4 broke, so I lost my possy. :/

Wouldn't it be much easier to just join a discord chat with some people that want to do this as well so that you can use your hands for controlling your character?

Just now, (PSN)Dr_Bruiser said:

I'm pretty sure I have played with you and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, except that you were playing Ivara while your name is "Saryn-Lady"!

*FACEPALM* Yeah, Saryn was my favorite but the Ivara got that bad aas gundum looking armor and I could refuse it's majesty no longer... O~O

the thing is RP relies heavily on lore to draw from- MMOs have this in abundance but Warframe is a looter-shooter with a very bizarre story that doesn't follow itself.

The second problem is majority of WF players are: wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am they just want in- kill everything and repeat not think up amazing adventures on why you're there: why I play solo as I love to explore each and every map and try to strategically work through not:- "BBOOOOOOYYYAAAAHHHH!!! Dakka-dakka-dakka! home for a curry and Netflix in two minutes. That's why you'll find RP outside MMOs is rarer than an honest politician

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

I'm an ex- The Sha'tar EU WoW player: back then you were IC every interaction unless you put a ((Hi)) message up for player-to-player chat. I RP'd on a forum for ten years and so I see why it can be rewarding and fun- just let the party know beforehand or you can get a lot of grief for it *nods*

I've always loved running into characters like this. I implore you to keep it up. I get laugh, fun, and an odd sense of immersion! 10/10!

8 minutes ago, _Tormex_ said:

Wouldn't it be much easier to just join a discord chat with some people that want to do this as well so that you can use your hands for controlling your character?

Funny you say this... I plan on making a discord for that VERY. SAME. REASON. Of your interested, let me know and I'll like you the discord. ^~^

Archived