Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What kinds of Warframe things do you search for?

ToolboxMotley

I'm trying to put together a site that focuses on, among other games, Warframe. Right now, I'm writing a series of articles titled "Is (whoever) a good Warframe?" I've done Limbo, Rhino, Volt, and Gara... With each one I made, I found myself adding more and more detailed information. Now with the Hildryn one I'm working on, I've got 1250 words and I'm only partway through the first of fourteen different sections. I'm a tad worried that I'm putting in WAY more information than people asking that question are looking for, with equipment and companion recommendations that go well beyond just answering the simple question of whether the frame is good or not.

Does anyone else ask that question (Is Limbo a good Warframe, is Gara a good Warframe, etc.) like I do? If so, what kind of information are you actually looking for by using such a query? If you don't ask that sort of question, what other search terms do you tend to use?

If only the wiki didn't exist.

But synergies is what you should focus on.
Explaining how and why a Chromatic Blade Excalibur works, for example.

Or why its nice to have Capacitance in a Nuker Volt. Or why Volt is so good at Eidolons.
What is a Speedva, what's a Slowva, don't give out builds, explain the mechanics.
Because basic skill info, stats, etc, is already in the wiki (well the rest of it is also there, just need to dig deeper).

7 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

If only the wiki didn't exist.

But synergies is what you should focus on.
Explaining how and why a Chromatic Blade Excalibur works, for example.

Or why its nice to have Capacitance in a Nuker Volt. Or why Volt is so good at Eidolons.
What is a Speedva, what's a Slowva, don't give out builds, explain the mechanics.
Because basic skill info, stats, etc, is already in the wiki (well the rest of it is also there, just need to dig deeper).

That's certainly along the lines of stuff I want to cover. Oddities like Mutalist Quanta (and Bursting Mass) with Limbo's Rift, how it affects enemies between planes... And other less bug-centric stuff, of course. X)

2 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

So basically, you're writing a discount version of the wiki.

Cool, I guess.

I'm hoping to provide information that's more extrapolated from Wiki information rather than the raw numbers, as well as run tests of my own to determine mechanics, functionality, and unexpected interactions. :)

1 hour ago, ToolboxMotley said:

I'm hoping to provide information that's more extrapolated from Wiki information rather than the raw numbers, as well as run tests of my own to determine mechanics, functionality, and unexpected interactions. :)

With the wiki in mind, what might be more valuable as information is how it feels, less that the statistics. We can get the status on how good a gun is, but it doesnt tell us if its fun to use or feels different from other guns for example.

Archived