Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"No Warframes allowed" shouldn't be the main focus of an entire "Warframe" event.

Ulseth

Allowing players to play with Necramechs in regular missions on top of open world areas? I have but one thing to say about that:

Great idea. even if Necramechs aren't great in some situations or whatever, if you give me more options, I just have to say it again: GREAT idea.

Forcing players to play with Necramechs whether they like it or not, and not allowing anything else with no good reason? 

Terrible idea.

Now, before anyone lets me know about things I already know, lemme just say it myself:

"It's just an event, you don't have to play it"

or

"Just suffer through it for the rewards"

These are the main comments so far being made by the biggest (blind) supporters of the new Necramech Only event coming soon (Orphix Venom) to replace the very (in)famous Scarlet Spear event. They also happen to be the same comments made by the biggest supporters of every bad idea ever conceived.

I shouldn't have to say this, but I feel like it needs to be said:

This is a bad idea, chief.

If you need to do an absurd amount of damage and the Necramechs happen to just be better than regular Warframes for this event, that's great, I love it. You could even tell me "ONE player has to use ONE Necramech, and only ONE Necramech will be allowed per event mission, and everyone else has to use a regular Warframe to help protect the Necramech while they do whatever it is that Necramechs do" and I'd be okay with that, I'd be like "Okay, that sounds cool!", but if you tell me "use Necramechs or you can't play the game anymore" then I'm already not a big fan.

Now if it was an Archwing event or something, maybe it'd be in outer space (or underwater, or flying very high but within the atmosphere of a planet) and at least it would make sense as to why you wouldn't use a default Warframe (gameplay wouldn't make sense because you can't fly without an Archwing) and instead you'd be forced to use an Archwing (because it can fly), but this Necramech-exclusive thing is not clicking with me, at all (Yes I know someone farted a big one and now Warframes don't work 🤦‍♂️ that's a great example of an excuse for the sake of an excuse, because the big fart has no real effect on gameplay, it's just a lazy excuse to justify the "No Warframes allowed" concept).

Also, I know it hasn't come out yet (get it? Because it's a big fart that disables Warframes, and it hasn't come out yet? 😐), so maybe I'll just love it (I sure doubt it), but the whole "No Warframes allowed for no good reason" concept in a game called "Warframe" just doesn't sound great to me.

I know there are already other examples within the game of "No Warframes allowed" to certain extents (mostly enemies that force you to switch to operator, hit them, and switch back to your Warframe, or the same thing with Archguns, or just enemies that are completely immune to all Warframe abilities permanently), but I just don't like the idea of completely removing Warframes from the game a whole lot, and I don't really believe that a bad idea is turned good because there's another example of the same bad idea implemented to a lesser degree within the game.

It would also be fine if whatever we played was completely designed around Necramechs or something like that, like its own little game mode or something, where there's new gameplay features or something we haven't seen before, but so far it looks like it's just shooting little generic guys and copy-pasting stuff already in the game but with forced Necramechs and very big fart areas, which, if this is it, it's particularly bad.

TLDR:

Using Necramech because it's useful and/or fun in a certain situation = good

Using Necramech because DE forced everybody to = bad

Am I just blind to the greatness of this upcoming event? Is it just me? Is anti-Warframe farting the future? Let me know!

Just now, rapt0rman said:

There were operator events when operators were new, there were archwing events when archwings were new. Isn't the first time, won't be the last.

I know my post is long, but you could at least read it before making such a comment. 🤦‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Ulseth said:

Now if it was an Archwing event or something, maybe it'd be in outer space (or underwater, or flying very high but within the atmosphere of a planet) and at least it would make sense as to why you wouldn't use a default Warframe (gameplay wouldn't make sense because you can't fly without an Archwing) and instead you'd be forced to use an Archwing (because it can fly)

14 minutes ago, Ulseth said:

I know there are already other examples within the game of "No Warframes allowed" to certain extents (mostly enemies that force you to switch to operator, hit them, and switch back to your Warframe, or the same thing with Archguns, or just enemies that are completely immune to all Warframe abilities permanently)

But... I like mechs. i can't wait for this event to happen already.

What else? warframes seems to be a part of those missions still, only mechs are better equipped to deal with the pulses so I am sure you still need to switch between mechs, WF and your operator as much as you like so I don't see a problem here.  They even provided Necramechs lying around for anyone without a mech to use.

I am actually more bothered seeing the mechs hitting the low clearance of the doors like it was nothing.

22 minutes ago, Ulseth said:

I don't really believe that a bad idea is turned good because there's another example of the same bad idea implemented to a lesser degree within the game

I wholeheartedly agree with this sentence.

It is a shame that DE doesn't give half a Condrac.

This sort of ranting post isn't what's going to drive DE's designing of the next events. They don't care, especially when the post is made even before the event has been launched - this isn't the moment in which they come looking for feedback, nor is it going to change anything in their plans. DE will look at our in-game response for feedback - do we play, how much, how hard, and so on. If they see the event is a flop - as, say, the Archwing event to a good extent was - then they'll never again to one such event.

So, if you want to really do something about it, call for a sabotage.

I have said this before, but DE makes content relevant by literally forcing it. Happened with operators and Eidolons, Archguns and Profit-Taker, enemies with 95% Archgun resistance on Railjack's launch, etc...

Personally I'm mostly fine with it (e.g. I don't like the Railjack one), because I like all the combat systems in Warframe, and I want them to do stuff like Operator only sorties to give the community a challenge. But I will say with how they worded it, it doesn't sound like your warframe will be 100% useless, and it may just be a debuff Vets could careless about/work-around.

3 minutes ago, Ulseth said:

I know my post is long, but you could at least read it before making such a comment. 🤦‍♂️

I read the whole thing, so ill make this comment (as you didnt adress it):

There were operator events when operators were new, there were archwing events when archwings were new. Isn't the first time, won't be the last.

Also, the video showed warframes being used, and said the your warframe "[wouldnt] like going [inside the energy field] ". There is likely still going to be a place for warframes inside the event, especially as support rolls.

Also, i dont think this is replacing scarlet spear, but more that they decided to bring back the arcanes, and thought they might aswell do the whole scarlet spear package as well. Which means its likely when scarlet spear returns it will have lavos and stuff still.

2 minutes ago, Alpha_Tango said:

But... I like mechs. i can't wait for this event to happen already.

Okay, I like the mechs too, doesn't mean I'm sold on forcing its usage because the balance around the necramechs may become too similar to that of operators. If it's usable in the event where we force its usage, it's fine, anything outside of that, eh.

28 minutes ago, Ulseth said:

Using Necramech because it's useful and/or FUN in a certain situation = good

Using Necramech because DE forced everybody to = BAD

I want gameplay features, not more minigames in their own little bubbles. I'm particularly less fond of anti-Warframe fart bubbles.

15 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

So, if we die in the Mech and we're in a no Warframe zone, what then? 

Go to your warframe?

Its not like warframes are forbidden in that area. You can in fact take your warframe into the orphix. It probably will just cause survivability/ability issues and such.

2 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Go to your warframe?

Its not like warframes are forbidden in that area. You can in fact take your warframe into the orphix. It probably will just cause survivability/ability issues and such.

Have they actually confirmed that the Warframe-disabling fart doesn't actually disable Warframes and using Necramechs or renting Necramechs is more of a suggestion rather than a must? It didn't sound like a mere suggestion to me, but maybe I was wrong all along?

Title aswell as your conception of the event is missleading. Nowhere has it been hinted that frames are forbidden. Frames will run into areas in the missions where you need to use the mech to clear that specific part so you can use your frame again or keep trucking the mech. They said this pretty clearly in the devstream, so no idea where the "No Warframe allowed" idea comes from.

Well this event is a means to test necramechs in missions before they're going to be allowed in all missions later on. DE is using this as a test for necramechs in missions  and the balance for them by allowing them. How else are you going to test them if you're not forced to just use them? Your post is enough reason why it makes sense to force us into testing it like this otherwise people would just stick to warframes only in this case instead and DE wouldn't get the metrics and feedback they need in a large enough number to matter.

These Orphix are meant as a means to keep warframes from steamrolling sentients which clearly is what you'd do yourself if you had the choice. Thus, necramechs able to only go into those disable fields by the Orphix. Its to keep the testing of them for in mission tilesets proper otherwise noone would use necramechs in majority for the event would they if they could just go in and wipe the sentients with warframes.

2 hours ago, sorcer3r said:

yes but this does not solve my problem ;)

Actually there'll be necramechs in mission as loaners much like on the field on cambion drift as Steve said. You don't need to own a necramech to play the event. If you don't own one you get a freebie loaner you can pick up at any time while in mission instead. Not as good as the ones you mod out but they exist for those that don't. The only requirement is doing the deimos introduction quest and the war within.

3 minutes ago, VoidArkhangel said:

And yet another one complaining because the new event will take the majority of players out of their comfort zone...

I wish they took us out of our comfort zones more often, but this ain't it. You're just gonna get in a Necramech, blast everything to hell instantly and call it a day.

The problem with forcing the usage of Necramechs in this manner is that it'll make it so that the minigame has to be balanced around the Necramech and vice versa rather than the Necramech around the game at large.

15 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Title aswell as your conception of the event is missleading. Nowhere has it been hinted that frames are forbidden. Frames will run into areas in the missions where you need to use the mech to clear that specific part so you can use your frame again or keep trucking the mech. They said this pretty clearly in the devstream, so no idea where the "No Warframe allowed" idea comes from.

The "No Warframes Allowed" idea comes from the missions where you need to use the mech because somebody farted a big one and now Warframes are basically toasters.

I'm absolutely positive that the only reason Warframes can enter the missions at all is because the entire event is a regular, copy-pasted Warframe mission where they expect you to use Necramechs exclusively, so you have to switch to your Necramech manually using the tool wheel because that's literally easier to code than making an actual, Necramech-exclusive mission.

The fact that Warframes can enter a mission where Warframes don't work in the objective areas just makes it worse, because it's even lazier than an actual, proper Necramech-exclusive mission, which would actually be better than the fart bubbles in my opinion, and I wouldn't even have bothered posting at all if that was the case.

4 minutes ago, Ulseth said:

The "No Warframes Allowed" idea comes from the missions where you need to use the mech because somebody farted a big one and now Warframes are basically toasters.

I'm absolutely positive that the only reason Warframes can enter the missions at all is because the entire event is a regular, copy-pasted Warframe mission where they expect you to use Necramechs exclusively, so you have to switch to your Necramech manually using the tool wheel because that's literally easier to code than making an actual, Necramech-exclusive mission.

The fact that Warframes can enter a mission where Warframes don't work in the objective areas just makes it worse, because it's even lazier than an actual, proper Necramech-exclusive mission, which would actually be better than the fart bubbles in my opinion, and I wouldn't even have bothered posting at all if that was the case.

But that isnt the same as no warframes allowed, so your title and your conception of the event is missleading. It is simply another tool to be used in missions, just like we use archwing partially in uranus tiles or how operators are the only thing that can interact with obelisks and the mobs that spawn in order to get the loot. And of course they'll use the tool wheel approach since this is the introduction for universal mech use in normal missions.

A mech exclusive mission would indeed be "No Warframes Allowed". But in such a case you wouldnt make a post to begin with as you said. Which is kinda odd since your title implies you wouldnt like that at all.

If an event is going to be Necramech only (or hypothetically Operator only), I would be fine with it, if the Necramech and Operator actually felt like full-fledged features of the game with many options and cool mechanics.

Right now, we have TWO necramechs. Or maybe 1.5 Necramechs, since one of them seems lackluster. That's not much.  Doing such an event is premature. Do they plan to introduce a third necramech before this event?
An Operator-only mode may actually be more interesting than necramechs since we actually have a bunch of focus schools that offer some differences, and different amp options.

2 hours ago, Ulseth said:

Allowing players to play with Necramechs in regular missions on top of open world areas? I have but one thing to say about that:

Great idea. even if Necramechs aren't great in some situations or whatever, if you give me more options, I just have to say it again: GREAT idea.

Forcing players to play with Necramechs whether they like it or not, and not allowing anything else with no good reason? 

Terrible idea.

Now, before anyone lets me know about things I already know, lemme just say it myself:

"It's just an event, you don't have to play it"

or

"Just suffer through it for the rewards"

These are the main comments so far being made by the biggest (blind) supporters of the new Necramech Only event coming soon (Orphix Venom) to replace the very (in)famous Scarlet Spear event. They also happen to be the same comments made by the biggest supporters of every bad idea ever conceived.

I shouldn't have to say this, but I feel like it needs to be said:

This is a bad idea, chief.

If you need to do an absurd amount of damage and the Necramechs happen to just be better than regular Warframes for this event, that's great, I love it. You could even tell me "ONE player has to use ONE Necramech, and only ONE Necramech will be allowed per event mission, and everyone else has to use a regular Warframe to help protect the Necramech while they do whatever it is that Necramechs do" and I'd be okay with that, I'd be like "Okay, that sounds cool!", but if you tell me "use Necramechs or you can't play the game anymore" then I'm already not a big fan.

Now if it was an Archwing event or something, maybe it'd be in outer space (or underwater, or flying very high but within the atmosphere of a planet) and at least it would make sense as to why you wouldn't use a default Warframe (gameplay wouldn't make sense because you can't fly without an Archwing) and instead you'd be forced to use an Archwing (because it can fly), but this Necramech-exclusive thing is not clicking with me, at all (Yes I know someone farted a big one and now Warframes don't work 🤦‍♂️ that's a great example of an excuse for the sake of an excuse, because the big fart has no real effect on gameplay, it's just a lazy excuse to justify the "No Warframes allowed" concept).

Also, I know it hasn't come out yet (get it? Because it's a big fart that disables Warframes, and it hasn't come out yet? 😐), so maybe I'll just love it (I sure doubt it), but the whole "No Warframes allowed for no good reason" concept in a game called "Warframe" just doesn't sound great to me.

I know there are already other examples within the game of "No Warframes allowed" to certain extents (mostly enemies that force you to switch to operator, hit them, and switch back to your Warframe, or the same thing with Archguns, or just enemies that are completely immune to all Warframe abilities permanently), but I just don't like the idea of completely removing Warframes from the game a whole lot, and I don't really believe that a bad idea is turned good because there's another example of the same bad idea implemented to a lesser degree within the game.

It would also be fine if whatever we played was completely designed around Necramechs or something like that, like its own little game mode or something, where there's new gameplay features or something we haven't seen before, but so far it looks like it's just shooting little generic guys and copy-pasting stuff already in the game but with forced Necramechs and very big fart areas, which, if this is it, it's particularly bad.

TLDR:

Using Necramech because it's useful and/or fun in a certain situation = good

Using Necramech because DE forced everybody to = bad

Am I just blind to the greatness of this upcoming event? Is it just me? Is anti-Warframe farting the future? Let me know!

I strongly agree. Especially that the new frame and arcanes are locked behind this. 

My hope is the damage done to frames, without necramech, is not high (also depends on the content level) and we can use operator. I have frames that can handle 100-200 damage per sec, with operator heal, while dishing astronomical damage numbers. But if this ends being some sort of defense mission, it wont work. And of course, DE could make the damage ramp-up or disable operator, to force necramech, which will be lame. 

In general, I feel that my time with warframe is coming to an end soon. I play warframe to play the cool space ninja, not a third tier flight simulator or slow mech wars. And most defiantly not hunting, farming or herding, at least at this point in the game for me. After ~1,500 ours in, I no longer have tolerance for boring mini games.

Archived