Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

wmarket.com devalues ​​platinum and currency value

Famecans

title is self-explanatory but I will exemplify some situations influencing the value of prime pieces and devaluation of the game's currency:

PmcsMvR.png

• this player exposes the volume (quantity) of pieces on the market making the market devaluate for new pieces, the new player wants to sell faster and cheaper
  • this player does not have time to check the market values and readjust his sales strategy as the website tool is disconnected from the player in game
  • this player has many other equipment in his profile to be readjusted but he only occasionally visits the site to sell and in the meantime other players are reducing the sale value to compete
  • this player reaches his limit of daily trades but the website continues to show the value and quantity of pieces as "available" and "online"
  • this player is not online on the site because he is online in game and the site has no connection with the player
  • this player is selling "nonexistent" and "unavailable" pieces on the market devaluing really "existing" and "available" pieces on market

this devalues the circulation of large amounts of platinum creating totally inaccurate and lying liquidity and affects the actual purchase of platinum

it's the law of buying and selling.
which is nice i think personally to be able to trade things as freely as in warframe , it is the main reason why i continue to play this game actually.

That being said , for the price , those always vary , there is nothing you can do about it , and it's a given that a trader that is online often and sell for less will have more sale than another that sell for higher price and is rarely online to align it's price with others.

it's like that in warframe market and in any kind of auction house or market , even in real life.
The prices are like that only because they sell.

That being said , it got nothing to do with feedback on this forum as this has nothing to do with DE themselves as it is a player based website.

Is this really devaluing? Or is this race to the bottom of market pricing actually raising the buying power of platinum? You can buy more prime parts with less plat.

Also, this comes down to how many parts DE circulate with drop rates and such. This player probably invested time (the biggest price) to farming tons of parts.

il y a 1 minute, Famecans a dit :

possible fair solutions:
* a free account access port for any website tool (some rpg games uses this trade system)
* a complete market tool within the game environment

ah a post asking for an auction house.
Trust me there is at the very least one per day.

DE won't be making that.
They tolerate warframe market , but having it implemented in the game itself would make players less likely to buy platinum so they never will.
Afterall they need to be making money some way or another to keep going.
who would put 50 dollars for a primed warframe if you can simply get it for a few plat that easily?

25 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

and?
it's a free market. it's gonna do what it's gonna do.

12 minutes ago, (NSW)Gamma83 said:

it's the law of buying and selling.
which is nice i think personally to be able to trade things as freely as in warframe , it is the main reason why i continue to play this game actually.

That being said , for the price , those always vary , there is nothing you can do about it , and it's a given that a trader that is online often and sell for less will have more sale than another that sell for higher price and is rarely online to align it's price with others.

it's like that in warframe market and in any kind of auction house or market , even in real life.
The prices are like that only because they sell.

That being said , it got nothing to do with feedback on this forum as this has nothing to do with DE themselves as it is a player based website.

yes, the market is free but the tool is not fair and is against the law for new inexperienced players, it is devaluing DE profits, it is devaluing the warframe game

the variation is based on non-existent items, the accounts are real but the availability is unreal, the liquidity flow is slow and the numbers are generated by false stocks

good ... the feedback is linked to the game because the market is from the game but it has an imprecise external tool affecting the functioning inside the game

I don't want to ruin your market, I'm just citing failures 😐

the whole trading system faild in the game over time.

Void keys got replaced with relics prices went down because the grind is a lot easier.
Rivens got introduced wich outside of being overpriced flod the ingame trade chat so players frustered go to wfmarket where everyone wants to sell high and buy low, just like in real life except no oversight.
Steel path come in rare mods are now worthless too. 

Literally the only ways to get plat is junk, day 1-2 new primes/rarely unvalted ones(if you can even grind it out to begin with) 

Also trade chat is virtually useless too, I was just wanted to get some plat put up a filter with "WTB" saw something that I could sell wrote to the guy and he just said it's cheaper in wfmarket... Then why are you sucking in the ocean of trade chat if you could just scalp from market? 

IMO wfmarket should be shut down and there should be a plat limit on trades for like 400p so no more overpriced 1k+ rivens either...

4 minutes ago, Famecans said:

is against the law for new inexperienced players,

law? what law?

4 minutes ago, Famecans said:

it is devaluing DE profits, it is devaluing the warframe game

devaluing plat maybe, but it doesn't matter since supply is theoretically infinite (digital items consume nothing to produce)
it doesn't matter to DE whether someone spends 50 plat to buy 1 thing or 50 plat to buy 3 things because all of those things are inherently worthless and require no work to reproduce.

13 minutes ago, (NSW)Gamma83 said:

ah a post asking for an auction house.
Trust me there is at the very least one per day.

DE won't be making that.
They tolerate warframe market , but having it implemented in the game itself would make players less likely to buy platinum so they never will.
Afterall they need to be making money some way or another to keep going.
who would put 50 dollars for a primed warframe if you can simply get it for a few plat that easily?

but the current situation makes players less likely to buy platinum

the devaluation of pieces keeps the liquidity active with the players reserves, there are many players with enough safes to buy the market this way the player does not need to buy platinum from DE, if the liquidity is procedural the platinum purchase will be more constant, novice players can choose to work hard with market safes or buy platinum from DE itself, are liquidity factors and more platinum flowing in the market for rare items

only new parts should be cheap and buyable for the price, rare parts can only be bought if the player worked hard in the market

the fair market value is procedural and not manipulable and in this case it is manipulable by players

3 minutes ago, Famecans said:

yes, the market is free but the tool is not fair and is against the law for new inexperienced players

There is a law for this?

3 minutes ago, Famecans said:

it is devaluing DE profits, it is devaluing the warframe game

Maybe in some mystical totalPlat:realDollar figure, but it's also a way to make collecting parts feasible for many players. I would not have gone for MR30 if I had to solely trade through trade chat, among other ways it adds value. As some other posters mentioned, having such a market integrated right into the game would reduce the value of the items further, "devaluing" the plat even more. 

If this is out of concern for DE's bottom line, I think they have a very good grasp on things. You also need to consider the built-in plat sinks like forma bundles, catalysts, slots, and deluxe cosmetics, among other things.

1 minute ago, Famecans said:

but the current situation makes players less likely to buy platinum

I think the existence of the 75%-off platinum coupon already destroys the chances of buying normal-price platinum. All of the plat I have are from 50% to 75% coupons and Prime Access, but I can't speak for other people, or the true figures.

No.

Not that I care all that much, but actually it is the opposite to what you are saying. Since the market is theoretically open and free (to a point, anyway), according to (very) basic economic theory the price point should be where the seller(s) and the buyer(s) meet. Unless you affect the market by regulatory or other means, this price point is never wrong. It just is.

So there is no "devaluation" of plat going on, since it's value is not fixed to anything. Unless you include "real money", but that doesn't help your argument since the "exchange value" between plat and "real money" has been quite constant for a long time. And if you want to connect the value of "goods" in the marketplace to "real money", disregarding the plat in between, you are back at square one. In an open and free market where everyone can participate in equal trade according to the same rules the current price point is always correct, and a function of what the sellers and buyers want (also described as "supply" and "demand", which is an even simpler and more mechanistic way to look at it).

What happens is what should happen (in a free market), when sellers want to sell more "goods" they lower their price to increase volume, if they would raise the price the volume would go down (since there are less buyers willing to pay that price). It is elementary.

The biggest problem with trading in Warframe is not an open market system, but that "trading" isn't all that equal. Staring for hours at the market chat, using bots or other tools and engaging in outside marketplaces all that extra effort and knowhow, and all that could be made a lot easier. Then you would get more market volume over all (more sellers and buyers), which would make the price points more stable (and prices for some goods noticeably lower than in the current system, where the prices are kept higher due to limitations on the number of sellers and goods).

it's called a quick seller, if he has too much quantity, prices will drop due to demand. If you don't want to quick sell, don't go for that price.

• "this player is selling "nonexistent" and "unavailable" pieces on the market devaluing really "existing" and "available" pieces on market"

Welp, that's something to report on their site isn't it?

Archived