Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Orphix Venom - Bug Hunting Megathread (Read First Post!)

SilverBones

• TYPE: In-game
  • DESCRIPTION: My friend and I were doing O:OV - Endurance, Friends Only session, he was the host ~200ms latency to him, I had my Bonewidow and he had his Voidrig, after my Bonewidow was destroyed the camera immediately started spectating my friend's Voidrig, I could still control my operator and jump, move and shoot, after his mech got destroyed my camera went back to my own Operator.
  • VISUAL: Sorry, didn't screencap it
  • REPRODUCTION: Both players equip their necramechs, client gets his destroyed, camera now spectates host. (Other methods may be possible but this is what happened both times)
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should've resumed normal control of my Operator.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Camera spectates my friend.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Happened 2/2 times.

• TYPE: In-game Orphix Venom Endurance
  • DESCRIPTION: Same session details as before, Friends Only, I'm client to my friend's hosting, except I'm using Protea and Voidrig. After my Voidrig is destroyed my camera movements have no influence on my operator's movement, nor can I walk around. I can jump, slide, voiddash, shoot, but it's all aimed at a fixed point, I had to wait for my operator to die so I returned to my Warframe since the Orphix was still nullifying my Warframe.
  • VISUALGfycat clip
  • REPRODUCTION: Be inside a necramech and have it be destroyed I guess?
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should've resumed normal control of my Operator.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Unable to walk or turn Operator, all other actions execute based on a fixed camera direction regardless of current camera direction.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Happened 2/4 times.

Additionally, after we were done and heading to extraction; I was killed in Operator form and returned to my Warframe, after which my minimap and waypoints were completely stuck. Video here

Hit a major bug and i'm pretty dishearted.

• TYPE: In Game, directly to Operation Venom Missions
  • DESCRIPTION: Bleeding out and not making it to extraction does not award any phasic cells. I died at 35 orphix kills I participated in. Completely out of revives. Teammates killed the last one and hit extraction, but I didn't receive and phasic cells. Confirmed after relogging that I didn't receive anything :( 
  • REPRODUCTION: Enter mission, exhaust revives, wait for teammates to extract
  • OBSERVED RESULT: 0 phasic cells are shown as a reward
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Haven't tested it again

https://imgur.com/rrGjT8H

• TYPE: In Game, Related to Transferance, Operation: Orphix Venom - Endurance, VoidRig, Frame Transferance, Operator Transferance.
  • DESCRIPTION: I was playing with my warframe to get faster to the Orphix spawn area (circle). I Summoned my voidrig inside the buble and Bullet jumped inside the bubble and pressed 5 to get into operator mode to get to Voidrig. After i was ejected into my operator mode, i pressed 5 to get into Voidrig and it didn't respond. My Warframe remained inside the bubble in a seated position and i couldn't get inside my warframe either. I died as an operator and was teleported into my warframe, then got ejected again until my colegues (public mode) destroyed the current Orphix. After that i was able to get into my Warframe but couldn't use any abilities (Ability in use error). I jumped outside the map to reset my warframe and abilities were possible again. I summoned Voidrig several times and tried to get in it from Operator and from my frame, only when i was in a Orphix bubble i could get out of my warframe.
  • VISUAL:

C6yS5Msi_o.jpg

elQtO67r_o.jpg

5tDbxYjx_o.jpg

• REPRODUCTION: I tried to do this 5 times in the same mission
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Return to normal working condition of transference into the Necramech
  • OBSERVED RESULT: After i jumped out of the map, my warframe was functional again but i still couldn't get into my Necramech
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 3-4 times in the same mission.

Necramech Focus Lens mechanics are bonkers in several ways, in- and out-of Orphix Venom missions.

• TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: Focus Orbs spawn (on the map, make sound) but are not visible or collectible if you are in your Necramech when they spawn. Focus Orbs do not spawn at all if you have lenses only on your Necramech's Arch-Gun or the Necramech itself (they WILL spawn if you bring the SAME lensed weapon as your heavy slot); Focus countdown and totals do not show correctly while you're in your Necramech; Focus gained is different from the in-mission summary, the Last Mission Results, and the actual amount of focus available after a mission; Anywhere from 20% to 100% of gained Focus is being lost.
  • VISUAL: See thread link below
  • REPRODUCTION: Equip a Necramech and its Arch-Gun with a Focus Lens and run an Orphix Venom mission.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Focus Orbs should spawn even when you don't have focus lenses on anything else; Focus Orbs should spawn and be collectible while you are in your Necramech; Focus gains should be commensurate with Affinity gains and should be consistent between the In-Mission Summary, Last Mission Results, and actual Focus gained; Focus buff, countdown, and total summary after buff expiry should show correctly in Necramech.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: See Description.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Total focus lost is somewhat inconsistent, but the other observed effects have been consistent across the last 5-10 runs.

For a much more thorough breakdown of my observations, see this thread.

• TYPE: In game
  • DESCRIPTION: Through general use of glaives, I sometimes enter a state of repetitive glaive throws instead of attacking. Seems to be related attacking as the glaive comes back.
  • VISUAL:
  • REPRODUCTION: Throw the glaive then immediately spam the attack button.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Basic melee attacks after catching the throw.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Glaive is repeatedly thrown instead of attacking without charging. Glaive doesn't travel anywhere until I stop pressing e.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Every single time if using the method shown above.

• TYPE: In game
  • DESCRIPTION: Nightwatch Napalm mod (mine was rank 4) not working on Ogris or Kuva Ogris when the Unreal Tournament Rocket Launcher skin is equipped
  • VISUAL: No fire cloud visaul effect
  • REPRODUCTION: Equip Nightwatch Napalm and Rocket Launcher skin on either weapon
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Fire cloud damage ticks and visual
  • OBSERVED RESULT: No fire cloud visual or damage present
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Always

• DESCRIPTION: Sometimes, certain Corpus Nullifier enemies are immune to the Voidrig's Arquebex damage. You can damage their bubble just fine, but some Nullifiers are just immune to the damage of the Arquebex. This could also occur with the Bonewidow's Ironbride, but I haven't experienced it. I reckon that it's because it's an exalted weapon, which is an ability so the Nullifiers bug and keep their immunity to ability damage from when their bubble was up. I'm not sure if it's a specific type of nullifier but I have experienced this a fair amount in the operation missions.
  • VISUAL: Unfortunately I don't have footage of this happening.
  • REPRODUCTION: Join operation mission, get into Voidrig, use your 4, shoot at a nullifier.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: They take the damage.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: They don't.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Often.

• TYPE: In-game Orphix Venom Endurance
  • DESCRIPTION: Orphix Refused to open its Mouth (?) after destroying all the beacons. A second Orphix spawned around the same time we destroyed all the beacons
  • VISUAL 
  • REPRODUCTION
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Mouth should open exposing its core
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Mission impossible to win
  • REPRODUCTION RATE:  Only once

• TYPE: Affinity
  • DESCRIPTION: My archgun (prisma dual decurions) is not keeping the affinity earned in the operation missions.
  • VISUAL: not available, will take screenshot next time
  • REPRODUCTION: bringing the levelling weapon on orphix venom, shooting a lot
  • EXPECTED RESULT: gain affinity 
  • OBSERVED RESULT: not keeping the gained affinity for archgun 
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 2/2 missions in operation: orphix venom

6 hours ago, KarasuDemon said:
  • DESCRIPTION: My archgun (prisma dual decurions) is not keeping the affinity earned in the operation missions.
  • VISUAL: not available, will take screenshot next time
  • REPRODUCTION: bringing the levelling weapon on orphix venom, shooting a lot
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 2/2 missions in operation: orphix venom
  • DESCRIPTION: My archgun (Fluctus) is not keeping the affinity earned in the operation missions.
  • VISUAL:MAX LVL20210113180912-2
  • ZERO LVL AGAIN!!!
  • 20210113181236-1
  • REPRODUCTION: bringing the levelling weapon on orphix venom, shooting a LOT
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 5 missions in operation: orphix venom

TYPE: In-Game, character acquisition: self.

DESCRIPTION: Complete loss of character control, camera control, chat control, all rewards and affinity forfeited.

DETAILED EXPERIENCE: Orphix Endurance (tier 3), I am host. I transformed (transference/focus command) from Hildryn, cast 4th ability, transformed into human, summoned mech from gearwheel, attempted to transform into mech. Error occured. My camera attached to an ally's mech and mini-map(screen overlay) also attached to ally. Character control: none, camera control: none, chat control: available. I used "/unstuck" command, no effect. New status: Chat control: none. Ally mech destroyed, camera frozen in place, mini-map continues to update Ally location. Sound effect indicates "sentient control at 100%", allies head to extraction, I am extracted. Mission complete, no rewards, no phasic cells, no affinity.

VISUAL: No screen shot available, it all happened so fast. Camera attached to Ally appeared clipped inside the chest cavity of the mech.

REPRODUCTION: Try using human transference into ally piloted mech.

EXPECTED RESULT: I should have transformed into my mech.

OBSERVED RESULT: Camera attached to Ally.

REPRODUCTION RATE: First serious bug experience. First of this type of bug. Not going to try to reproduce. *angry grumbly sounds*

• TYPE: Orphix Venom - Endurance - Host migration killed session
  • DESCRIPTION: Host was at extraction, remaining 3 players on the way, when host left.  Kicked remaining players back to orbiter and wouldn't rejoin session.  All 3 players were still grouped, but now out of mission.  Mission resulted in failure.  Lost loot and score, and lost affinity.  We were on wave 31.
  • VISUAL: Nothing to screenshot, was already back at orbiter.
  • REPRODUCTION: Best guess, have host head to and extract.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Should have correctly migrated host to another player and kept the session going.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Everyone was kicked out of session and returned as group to orbiters.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE.  Haven't tried more than once.

13 hours ago, Trafford said:
  • TYPE: Orphix Venom - Endurance - Host migration killed session
  • DESCRIPTION: Host was at extraction, remaining 3 players on the way, when host left.  Kicked remaining players back to orbiter and wouldn't rejoin session.  All 3 players were still grouped, but now out of mission.  Mission resulted in failure.  Lost loot and score, and lost affinity.  We were on wave 31.
  • VISUAL: Nothing to screenshot, was already back at orbiter.
  • REPRODUCTION: Best guess, have host head to and extract.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Should have correctly migrated host to another player and kept the session going.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Everyone was kicked out of session and returned as group to orbiters.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE.  Haven't tried more than once.

Nearly the same as Trafford, the patch landed during the mission and right after that the host extracted, causing a host migration which timed out or failed. I couldn't rejoin mission (due to the client needing an update), lost all loot (finally got Cedo Stock, I thought... DENIED!).

For Void Relic rewards there's some level of protection where those items can be retrieved if host migration fails, could something similar be added for these events?

• TYPE: Weapon performance
  • DESCRIPTION: Stahlta Shock Rifle Skin don't trigger explosion after impact with charged shot while default skin does.
  • VISUAL:
  • REPRODUCTION: Use both skins.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: There should be an explosion after impact.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: There's no bouble an damage.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: All the time.

Found two issues in my last OV mission:

• DESCRIPTION: Over endurance mission, the Necramech spawned above a box and I was unable to either get inside it or recall it elsewhere (even in another spawn far from that point).
  • VISUAL:
    QKRKdUj.jpg
    p8geVe6.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: I'm not sure if its a one time thing or reproducible, but I haven't experienced this issue prior to patch 29.6.7.1
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The Operator should be able to enter the Necramech
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The Operator wasn't able to enter the Necramech, not even by jumping to the same box and being side by side.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: I happened only once.

And the second one:

• DESCRIPTION: Piloted Necramech got teleported several times over where my Warframe was.
  • VISUAL: I couldn't get a video of the issue.
  • REPRODUCTION: Not sure if its reproducible, I just left my Warframe in one spawn and ride the Necramech to the others. From time to time, the Necramech was teleported where my Warframe was standing. As a workaround, I swapped back to my Warframe and moved around the map with it, then spawned the Necramech on each Orphix site. I've only experienced this issue since patch 29.6.7.1
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Necramech shouldn't be teleported.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Necramech was teleported several times (5-6) to where my Warframe was.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 5-6 times over the same mission.

• DESCRIPTION:  My partner experienced the glitch--he tried entering a mech at the same time as another player and became stuck inside a first person POV while they piloted and fought.  When the mech was destroyed his screen froze, he couldn't open chat, he couldn't escape, etc.  His screen overlay was gone, but the others were still fighting and messaging in the text.  Some animations were still visible, but he was still in first person.  He was stuck until the others extracted, and he didn't receive the mission currency.
  • REPRODUCTION:  Enter one of the void rigs spawned on the map at the same time as another player.  One of you should be stuck inside while the other has full control.
  • EXPECTED RESULT:  One player should have been prevented from entering the mech due to a split second difference or ping or something-  Menus and chat definitely should have still been available.  The POV shouldn't have suddenly switched like that, and he should have still been awarded for the mission since he was participating before the bug.
  • OBSERVED RESULT:  No menus, no visible player character, screen was stuck, chat was inaccessible despite the others' messages still appearing, overlay was gone, the red damage border was visible on the edges of the screen, music and sound effects were still playing.  The bug ended when the team extracted.  Missing mission rewards.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE:  Once so far, haven't been able to enter a mech at the same time as anyone since it occurred.

Apologies for the lack of screenshots, it wasn't in my game session, and my partner gets easily stressed out with using the forums so he avoids them like the plague.

• DESCRIPTION: I was playing Orphix Venom in Solo mode using Voidrig.
  • VISUAL: https://gfycat.com/imaginaryelatedgermanspaniel . In this gif I activate Voidrig's Guard Mode, and pause at 340 energy. When I unpause, my energy has gone down to 284 when it should still be around 340.
  • REPRODUCTION: Enter one of the Orphix Venom missions any mission in Solo mode, use a Necramech or Warframe's channeled ability, and pause the game.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Necramech/Warframe energy should not drain while channeling an ability when the game is paused.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Necramech/Warframe energy still drains if you pause while using a channeled ability.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% repro rate when pausing during any channeled ability in both Necramechs and Warframes.

Edit: This bug also affects Warframes and also occurs in normal missions. Does not appear to affect Hildryn's shields.

• DESCRIPTION: Orphix Venom (and I guess Scarlet Spear too) clan score missing from clan profile screen.
  • VISUAL:

unknown.png

• REPRODUCTION: Profile any clan.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Clan's Orphix Venom score (maybe Scarlet Spear too) from the leaderboard should appear here.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Operation Orphix Venom (and Scarlet Spear) is missing from the clan page
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% of the time profiling a clan.

unknown.png

I opened a glowing chest cache thing while piloting my mech, saw a steam of items coming from the chest to my mech.

it shows as if mantis engines dropped but they don't show on the loot window or end of mission screen,actually Ithink the cache didn't give me anything at all?? bug ?

On 2020-12-18 at 1:08 PM, HelmetTooTight said:
  • DESCRIPTION: Archgun Affinity from Operation is bugged; any affinity gained for it using the Necramech is not saved after extracting. Example: I equipped my Level 36 Kuva Ayanga (no Gravimag) on my Bonewidow. I went into the mission and leveled it to Level 38 (from which I can see by looking at the in-game scorebard). After extracting, its level was back to Level 36.
  • VISUAL: None.
  • REPRODUCTION: Go into Operation with not max level archgun equipped on Necramech.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should gain XP and keep it upon extracting.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: XP was reset to pre-mission state. (i.e. no affinity gained)
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 2/2

EDIT: Another bug: shows Level 38 in my Profile, but functionally it's still Level 36 (can't add mods past Level 36 capacity/can't forma since it's not Level 38)

Actually not an Operation specific bug (although it has 2/2 reproduction rate on Operation). I brought my unranked Kuva Ayanga to T1 Arcana Bounty and it leveled as expected there. However, I brought my Lvl 28 Prisma Dual Decurions to POE Sortie and it did not level as expected there (affinity reset similar to Operation bug).

Same issue with Operation, Reproduction Rate 4/4. Have not tested outside of operation due to shattered morale from consistent affinity loss!!! 😭😭😭

• TYPE: In-game.
  • DESCRIPTION: I was trying to transfer out of my frame so I could avoid this bug that apparently won't ever be fixed, but then it happened again, for the 20th time.
  • REPRODUCTION: Try transferring in/out of a warframe when an orphix drops right next to you.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Transferring into my mech, and actually allowing me to continue the mission.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Getting locked out of my mech for the rest of the mission, forcing me to extract.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Seems to be whenever an orphix drops in when I'm inside the transference radius.

• TYPE: In-game
  • DESCRIPTION: In Orphix Venom Endurance, mid way through mission. Transference into Operator mode, then can't get into my own Voidrig. I can get into the ones lying around and can get into and out of Warframe but couldn't get into my own Mech. Tried dying and respawning and resummoning mech but nothing worked.
  • VISUAL: Sorry, didn't screencap it
  • REPRODUCTION: Summon mech, transfer out of frame into mech.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Assume control of Rig
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Stay in Operator mode, until I move away from Rig and then just unter warframe.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Happened 2/2 times.

• TYPE: In-game.
  • DESCRIPTION: Archgun weapon XP reverts and some item pickups disappear after initial Mission Results view of Orphix Venom (Endurance).

The Mission Results view I got when I actually extracted from the run. Note the LARKSPUR affinity gain a the two Oberon Chassis Blueprints.
    n2aMpSj.jpg

The mission stats in case that's somehow useful (not sure how I had 1819% accuracy?)
    ylvqH40.jpg

The Mission Results I saw when I pulled up LAST MISSION RESULTS after getting back to my lander. Note the disappearance of the Oberon BPs and the LARKSPUR affinity. It's also worth noting that although the VOIDRIG affinity gain has disappeared from this view, it doesn't appear to have reverted on the necramech (unlike the LARKSPUR's affinity gain, which reverted). 
    hEw50iD.jpg

My Vehicles view, to show the RANK 3 LARKSPUR. Compare to my first screencap, showing it at RANK 29. Even the ranks I gained while in the mission have disappeared (in addition to the ranks gained from bonus XP). I've "levelled" this weapon to max at least four times now 😭
    NFpYvPM.jpg

• REPRODUCTION: No particular steps. My last four runs of Orphix Venom (Endurance) have had this issue. I've used the LARKSPUR with my necramech in other missions and retained the XP from those (although it does always seem to disappear from the Mission Results view). I've tried some variations in how I get in and out of my necramech while in-game (based on reports of similar issues I've seen), but none of that has seemed to help. I have played extremely cautiously and have not gotten downed or died in any of the runs. have even tried to avoid getting popped while in operator mode.

• EXPECTED RESULT: To retain the affinity gain for my LARKSPUR and all item pickups gained from my Orphix Venom runs.

• OBSERVED RESULT: Not keeping any of the archgun weapon affinity gained from Orphix Venom (Endurance) runs, and having some items never appear in my inventory.

• REPRODUCTION RATE: Consistent. Has happened at least my last four runs of Orphix Venom over the last few days (I believe more, but I only have screencaps of the last four).

Archived