Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Orphix Venom - Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

SilverBones

Greetings Tenno!

Operation: Ophix Venom is live and we are looking to hear your thoughts on the latest battle between you, your Necramech, and your Sentient enemies! 

Remember, you do not have to own a Necramech to take part in this operation, as there will be deactivated Necramechs in the mission for you to Transference into. You will have to have completed the following quests to take part, however:

• Heart of Deimos
  • The War Within

We want to know your feedback on the following areas:

• How easy was it to understand the new Operation and what you have to do to succeed?
  • How was using a Necramech in a “normal” tileset?
  • Did you have any difficulty finding or using a deactivated Necramech?
  • How did you find the pacing of the Operation missions and rewards?
  • What was it like fighting the new Sentient enemies?
  • Were you able to reach 36 Orphix Solo or in a Squad?
  • Any other thoughts on gameplay, difficulty, visuals, or in-game guidance?

If you have encountered any bugs within Operation: Orphix Venom, please submit them over on our dedicated bug-hunting megathread, rather than put them here. In this case, bugs are problems that might occur that are obviously not part of the Operation (such as crashing, missing assets, animation problems, etc.)

If you want to let us know your feedback, please make sure that you do so in a civil and constructive manner. If you like something, let us know! If you did not like an aspect of Operation: Orphix Venom, then tell us what it is, and what you would change to make it better!

This is many times better than Scarlet Spear (in my opinion). I'll come back and edit this as I play it more but just from the first mission I am liking it a lot.

• How easy was it to understand the new Operation and what you have to do to succeed?
    • Couldn't really hear the dialogue over the sound of explosions but it's pretty intuitive; blow up the red marked thing and shoot the eye like in Scarlet Spear.
    • It is a bit slower than running around in a Warframe, and sometimes the jumping areas are a little wonky. Not too hard to get around though, and being able to clip through the doors with a bonk is kinda funny lol. I can't wait for this to be introduced in general gameplay.
    • Dunno about this one, I own both Necramechs. I saw one sitting around at spawn and it worked fine, but may as well use my own.
    • Pacing is better than Scarlet Spear in the sense that it's not sh*tty mobile defense. HOWEVER, after playing a couple of missions it becomes clear that the Operation is working on a timer schedule. This is not good, because often times (especially in the early stages) the team clears the Orophix and we're left sitting there waiting for the next one to spawn. The spawn should be like Scarlet Spear where it sets a waypoint, and when you enter the tile it just spawns immediately. This would remove unnecessary downtime in between Orphixes and accelerate the mission overall (seems to be about one hour fixed for 36 Orphixes?)
    • Reward structure is great. I mentioned this in an old post following Scarlet Spear but the token system is significantly better than RNG rewards. It gives a sense of progress and allows a degree of controllability to the farm. I'm glad we don't have to sit there and grind the same mission hoping for a 0.01% drop rate for Arcane Energize but getting 1500 Credits every time; we can instead finitely grind the mission to get the necessary tokens to buy what we want. Adding in the Lavos part into the RNG pool is even better, because now if you are blessed by RNGesus you don't have to grind more tokens to buy it.
    • As mentioned earlier, time gates are a little irritating and slows down the Phasic Cell acquisition rate. If the operation was moved off the timer then the current rate would be good. Acquisition rate scales with level/waves, which is good, but is artificially slowed down by the timer.
    • Kind of unnoticeable, just another mob to mow down.
    • I was able to reach 36 Orphix with a pub squad (3 people, 2 Necramech users and 1 operator clearing the Resonators). Solo might be a bit difficult: you have to get around in your Necramech (often Orphixes spawn 500 m apart, and summon has a cooldown). If you mess up, the timer keeps ticking and you may be overwhelmed by the multiple Orphix spawns.
    • Necramechs not being able to heal is slightly annoying. It would also be helpful if the Necramechs lying around would take on your current mod configs when your own mech is downed (which is also unclear, please show the cooldown for respawning the Necramech like with Archgun summon). Furthermore, the red tinge in all the maps combined with the yellow Necramech UI has terrible contrast, just let us use the normal UI and crosshairs...

The best part of this operation was definitely the change in pacing. No sitting there waiting for kill-codes, no sitting there waiting for them to upload, no "you must kill all the sentients flying around before you can progress," no reskinned mobile defense. However, as mentioned above there is room for improvement. Remove the hidden timer, and just change it so that it sets a waypoint and spawns immediately upon reaching said waypoint/tile.

TL;DR: mobile defense bad, kill stuff good. Timer bad, player initiated spawn good.

We want to know your feedback on the following areas:

Very easy. No complaints, no suggestions
    Feels like a good counterpoint to the agile and fast warframe. Similarly to Operator mode.
    They're everywhere.
    Being able to have more than one way to get a certain reward feels liberating.
    They're just fodder, and once the hit hard enough to become a problem they'll also merge into "every unit is the same". Same issue with all other factions.
    Soloed it after 4 tries. The first three were cut short with 2-3 Orphixes to go due to bugs(2 x ability in use/unable to transfer, 1 x necramech destroyed on resummon)
    Gameplay overall would improve by lowering the damage enemies are doing compared to their tankiness.

I completely failed the first mission I tried because I didn't notice any of the things marked in red to kill. I think it spawned in a wall, and that's why I didn't find it. Entering a second mission allowed me to get the hang immediately, so I'm assuming it was an unfortunate bug or temporary blindness on my part.
    I had only used a necramech once before (in the quest with the release of deimos), I disliked the gameplay then, and I disliked it again now. Wouldn't say it was any different to the first time I used it though, I just don't like necramech gameplay.
    As mentioned above, I hadn't used necramechs since the quest, so I genuinely had no idea how to use them. Eventually figured it out, but a button prompt would've helped.
    The pacing of the mission and the objectives was really good. Rewards seemed slow, but I barely got anything done, probably because I'm not good with necramechs.
    I didn't really take notice of them.
    Only played solo. I found it hard to not fail due to the sentients gaining too much control. I only did a couple.
    Well, as might be inferred from my other feedback, my issue is just the necramechs. I don't mind them being in the game, I know some people really like them, but being forced to use them is just not fun for me. It's playing warframe without the things I like most about warframe, for me it isn't warframe. If it's just a bounty I can ignore, I don't mind if it requires use of a mech, I can just not play that bounty. But with a big event I feel like I have to play it, not to mention there's rewards I'd really like. But the only way to get them is by playing warframe in a way that makes me dislike the game. And that's really unfortunate.

Hmmmm.

How easy was it to understand the new Operation and what you have to do to succeed?
No problem at all, had the hang of it after the second run.

How was using a Necramech in a “normal” tileset?
Clunky, but that's to be expected, and is weirdly charming?

How did you find the pacing of the Operation missions and rewards?
Seems ok so far, although...
What was it like fighting the new Sentient enemies?
 Point Mausolon, pull trigger, very satisfying.
Were you able to reach 36 Orphix Solo or in a Squad?
No, because of the next point!
Any other thoughts on gameplay, difficulty, visuals, or in-game guidance?

I'm gonna put this one nice and clear, bolded, underlined, because I honestly expect you're going to hear this a lot. From many players. You might as well get notice of this good and early:
It is possible, and in fact likely, for Orphix Endurance missions to just automatically fail because Resonators spawn somewhere that a Necramech can't reach and which an Operator cannot access in a hurry.

Seriously DE. That's going to be the thing that people remember from this Operation if it doesn't get addressed. Not the explosions and stompy mech action (which are great). No. What people are gonna remember is the missions just arbitrarily failing because a Resonator spawned in a trick room which can't be accessed.

Somewhat confusing to spot the "eye" with all the other stuff going, failed the first one because the resonator spawned in a hard to reach location while I wasn't sure what to do.
    Slow, bad vertical movement is a huge drawback. Lack of HP and energy regen just adds to the flaws. Durability and normal weapon damage is significantly lower compared to Warframes. Ended up using operator more than Mech, only used Necramech to blast the Orphix. Arquebus is the only thing I've found useful (a glass cannon though).
    No but it's a huge time loss if you accidentally step into one (takes about 15 seconds to escape), stray mechs are worthless since they deal almost no damage. Operator Amps have better dps than the stray mechs.
    Spawns seem completely time based so you either have to wait for the next to spawn of fail quickly because you have to deal with several at once. When you start to fall behind there is really no way to recover. Probably need Arquebus in later waves to even stand a chance, normal weapons don't have enough damage output.
    New enemies? Saw some glowy guys but didn't really pay attention since they weren't a threat and don't affect mission objective, biggest threat is the old laser spinners (almost one shot mech at wave 29).
    No, mech survivability is trash and normal weapon damage isn't good enough for later spawns. Reaching 36 is incredibly difficult because of all the Mech drawbacks (low durability, bad hp/energy regen and respawn timer only starts after mech is destroyed). Edit: After completing the grind for all parts and mods (essentially done with the event) I can with some confidence say that it's possible to get to 36 solo by (ab)using Arquebus, I didn't get that far myself but got close enough to feel like it's within reach. Should be relatively easy in a group (more difficult than Scarlet Spear though).
    Companions need better survivability. Mechs need improved vertical movement (don't have room for the mod). Mech healing sucks.

I've failed several missions in a row, because I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. There is no explanation for anything - it's all supposed to be intuitive, I guess, but I've only once gotten the "Hey, you've rendered them vulnerable!" bark, and I don't even know what I did to get that, aside from chuck a random ability an arbitrary direction.

The Necramech is fine. Frankly, though, it's annoying that I'm essentially not allowed to use my Warframe - what, did you give up on balancing content involving those entirely? They're the name of the game. If I wanted to be piloting a power suit, I'd dig up Titanfall.

At first, I was confused about how to find them, since I've never used them on Deimos (because I find the Vaults incredibly annoying, due to the Necramech fights). Once I realized they were, for some reason, just flopped about like unstrung puppets, it then took me a few attempts to figure out that I don't press the Interact key, but instead press the Transference key, but only as my Operator, while aiming at the things.

Still ain't finished one, so can't answer this.

It's pretty annoying that they get the Sentient adaptation to my weaponry, necessitating constantly jumping in and out of the mech to clear it. Makes me feel like I could just stay in my Operator form, if it weren't for them being squishy as hell.

Once I've figured out how to actually do something, I probably will. Warframe is generally not difficult, if there's not ridiculous numbers, weird/stupid bugs, mechanics that are obviously bad ideas, or I'm having to figure out what the hell I'm supposed to do in a new mode while on a time limit while NPCs yammer about how things are going poorly.

Warframe's onboarding is one of the most infuriating things about it, and taints every single addition to the game. I still have no idea how to successfully destroy an Orphix, because Father is too busy complaining that the Sentients are winning to give me the vaguest hint until things are already going south. So I'm trying to read the minimap and figure out where I'm supposed to go, but there's not a lot of information there, so it's a lot of trial-and-error. I'm trying to figure this out while also figuring out what the Necramech even does, since I haven't used them before, since I hated the Necramech fights in the Vaults enough that I simply don't do the Vaults at all, thereby never having gotten a Necramech. Also, never really noticed one in the field, since I wasn't looking for a random pile of disassembled parts, and if I noticed one, I didn't use it because I'm probably trying to level at least a couple other things that I can actually keep after I return to my Orbiter. I'm also constantly being bombarded with "Your pet is down! Your pet is revived!" because I'm using a Vulpaphyla.
The annoyance from Father's nagging compounds with the learning curve of grabbing a mech for the first time, and by the time I'm confronted with the mechanics I'm actually needing to learn to succeed in the mission, I'm already too annoyed to learn them. And Father still won't shut up.
Suggestion to fix it: How about a tutorial/training mission, where you actually get the chance to learn what you're looking for/supposed to be doing, without the pressure inherent in the sink-or-swim approach? The game could benefit from having these for most mission types, honestly, and then not having NPCs constantly calling up with unwarranted advice and reminders for Tenno who clearly know what they're doing already. Relegate the advice to a scenario where the player explicitly asks for it, and don't nag with it elsewhere.

Fairly easy I'd say once I stopped being so trigger happy. Just run to the spots and shoot the red marked things.

Clunkier and slower than I'm used to but that's alright.

Finding the necramechs were easy. Necramechs could use a 5th skill slot like warframes have for controller use. As of right now to deactivate I

have to press 5 since I don't use the default controller bindings.

Pretty good. Wasn't overwhelming or slow and gave another way to get some event rewards. 

At lower levels they were forgettable, but at higher level they just got tankier but still easy to ignore.

Still working at this bit. Will take awhile due to solo play.

Other than the controller bindings mentioned above, I have none at the moment. Need to play around more.

Unlike Scarlet Spear, the Orphixes are dropping really fast.

Also:

• If the Necramechs are better than Warframes (no transference interference), why do the Nullifiers still cancel the mech's abilities? If Warframe abilities can't affect mechs, the Nulls should just ignore mech abilities.
  • Energy is an issue for the mechs - unlike Cambion Drift (where there are a lot of containers with energy orbs), some maps lack those item caches.
  • Some of the maps are not ideal for the mechs - even the flow (where the Orphixes appear) are weird compared to the Murexes back in Scarlet Spear. An HUD of the next landing spot would be nice.
  • Also - sometimes the Orphixes spawn in the same spot. LOL
  • Warframes are useless in this Operation, since the disruption field renders all Warframes inoperable in the mission zone. I thought this game was "Warframe" not "Necramech" or "Robot piloting a bigger robot" (more or less, don't give me semantics).

How easy was it to understand the new Operation and what you have to do to succeed?

Players who played Scralet Spear before would know this is basically that , but with mechs. Killing the smaller targets to get the Orphix to open is relatively clear.

Clunky. Nullifiers are the most dangerous since they appear in groups and cancel all mech abilities (including protection) while your weapons cool or your engine stamina recovers.

Did you have any difficulty finding or using a deactivated Necramech?

Using a free mech = not a good idea (no mods). No thanks, but I saw a few. I think making this operation an encore where players need to build, forma, and keep their own mech is vital.

So far, so good. The firepower is lacking on the mechs for anything after the 20th kill.

Annoying. Xaku's Xata's Whisper / Operator Amp effect should be applied to the Archguns used by a Necramech to cancel sentient resistances. Switching out to an operator is standard when using a Warframe to fight sentients -- switching out from a mech (and canceling all of its buffs) is b.s.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA.

No.

Some of the targets spawn in weird spots in the tilesets. Dead end rooms (like the hidden rooms in the new Jupiter tileset), and the increase of the number of targets needed to be destroyed is a bit high (maybe increase that by a smaller amount).

Actually, there is one more suggestion I got

While I understand the push to mech combat for showcasing the necramech, I think it's a better idea to disable (Nullify) all of a Warframe's abilities in the Orphix field instead of forcing you out into Operator form / and using a mech.

A Warframe will all of its abilities stripped and only accessing its weapons is a handicap, but not so much that it makes the new operation unplayable by newer players or players who didn't put a ton of time into their mechs and archgun loadouts. A Warframe without abilities (but only weapons) will be just as tough as a regular enemy (more or less), and using a mech (when offered) will make the mission go better for mech-less players.

You might need to have your voice guy record a new line, but the cut-scene of the staggering Warframe is fine as it is - win-win, DE.

My experience playing Orphix Venom: 

- Necras are VERY fun to play, and all around balanced. 
- Necras need to be able to stay fun (not dead) for LONGER.

I get that you dont want us to make this a Necra hyper buff party but removing every-single-healing in any shape of form doesnt fix anything because it doesnt address the issue:
- Necras need a built in, Necramech ONLY, way to restore HP and ENERGY and see ENEMIES.

And NO, the mods are not a solution, they are a ban-aid fix, designed to make us grind more forma, more levels, more phasic, MORE TIME of our lives, just to play in a way that should be the default. Stop crippling the player, give them the basic tools from the get go, and then let us grind bling and flex (cosmetics and upgrades). This way players will invest time into having fun for longer and improving that fun, instead of grinding what they need to start having fun in the first place. 

If I sound salty is because I had a 100% Support Trinity loadout, with 5 formas and Dispenser exclusively for keeping Necras up and firing.
I felt like that Kid from Matrix who had to use a cartwheel to recharge ammo to the mechas in the last fight against the Sentients Machines.
Now its 100% useless, waste of time and resources. And my Necra isnt any better, any stronger neither it can fight for longer and better. 

Why do we have to expect nerfs with every event DE? I mean... You could at least have told us "Hey, Necras are un-healable from now on" in Devstream #150.
Im so tired of the nerfs under the table. So-F*-tired.

On 2020-12-17 at 11:46 PM, [DE]Bear said:

If you have encountered any bugs within Operation: Orphix Venom, please submit them over on our dedicated bug-hunting megathread, rather than put them here. In this case, bugs are problems that might occur that are obviously not part of the Operation

It's not really a bug but it seems that you missed a source of healing when changing the Necramehs interaction as per:

Vazarin Dash, Trinity’s Blessing, Equinox's Mend, Rejuvenate Aura, and Arcane Pulse no longer heal Necramechs. Out of 21 sources of healing, these five slipped through. 

One of the newer infested pets has this mod which can still heal Necramehs. Can't say it's reliable in any means, but since even aura's healing was removed, this shouldn't be applying as well. 
unknown.png

I personally do not agree with the healing changes, but i would also appreciate some consistency in what applies and what doesn't. 

Day 1 event player here

The Operation was easy to understand.
    It's not ideal but it's far from my biggest concern.
    No.
    The pacing of the rewards suffice.
    It was nice.
    Yes, many times
    There should be advanced information on necramech controls added to the codex, it be super helpful.  Also the event takes over an hour taking into consideration matchmaking, perhaps the missions should have been shorter like oss.

How was using a Necramech in a “normal” tileset

Pretty bad. As I said countless times before, necramech's movement is too janky and sluggish. Not in a cool stompy robot way, in "your shoelaces tied together" kind of way. The only way to move necramech smoothly is to chain animations to skip recovery (slide-jump-hover-slam-slide) which requires lots of space so it isn't really feasible in most tiles. It isn't even feasible on Deimos. Necramechs' controls are only tolerable in Plains and Valis. Remove those goddamn recovery animations already. You can't even operator your way out of them.

I had difficulty avoiding them. And I have difficulty waiting until reactivation animation is over.

Is there a sentient nullifier or something? I had some weird "ability use prevented" without any nullifier bubbles in sight. The only survivability necramechs have is spamming their defensive abilities. Those massive sluggish slabs of metal are squishier than squishiest warframes. Also, sentients are unbearably spongy.

How am I supposed to scan new enemies if my Helios is stuck with Warframe that gets deactivated? There's astral autopsy but I'd have to use Bonewidow then and this mech is super underwhelming compared to Voidrig that has one redeeming quality in the form of huge artillery. Why are companions being warframe-exclusive is still a thing? I don't need enemy radar mod for necramech, I need my already installed and mxed companion's Primed Animal Instinct to work. Wanna make players grind all over again for damage and survivability mods - fine, but keep QOL features universal, that's literally what companions are for.

The mission itself is fine but mechs are meh.

Very mild learning curve
    Every time my head scrapped the ceiling, I winced, which was often
    Buggy, it got worse as the event progressed, maybe more people with bad connections?  Proximity of the operator to the warframe and the mech was a dice roll.  Some times back in the frame when the frame was far away, sometimes into the mech when it was far away, far away = 10 meters+
    Standard grind for an event
    Didn't have time to focus on the mobs.  The combination of the timer always ticking and a random groups never gave an opportunity to focus on anything other than "kill the shields, kill the boss"  I haven't built a mech of my own yet, so the Dollar Store value mechs provided weren't able to kill the new enemies without constant fire.  Focusing on them would result in the timer running out.

Nope         

I thought mirage with mirror image and an acceltra was seizure inducing enough alone.  Packing 4 mechs full auto in a corridor made me lose touch with reality.  As far as gameplay, I ended up quitting due to some of the wild glitches.  Here again, it might be because of other players bad connections.  Some of the show stoppers included not being able to get into the mech or warframe even when the boss was defeated, nothing but my operator's head bobbing up and down in the corridor, insta death when the mech was destroyed, no revive, no transference back to my frame and then following around one of the other players like it was an arbitration mode.  

Can I ask a quick patch for something?

the mission, especially when an Orphix spawns and dies, is too bright.
The visual effect is so strong that it hurts my eyes despite A. Turning off Glare, B. Turning off Excessive Lighting, C. Minimum Brightness.

Can we please tone it down? At least give us an option so it doesn't burn our eyes everytime we have to DESTROY THE MAIN MISSION OBJECTIVE?

Apart from that I'm mostly enjoying the event. So glad it isn't another 'Mobile Defense' like it was on Scarlet spear.
Long run on defenses make me tired and boring.

Easy enough after the first run.
    Collision with the enviro isn't great, Mech movement in general also isn't great for non open areas
    No, but they're just about useless.
    Spawn timer gets a little too fast towards the end. Phasic cell gain rate should be doubled, possibly more.
    Just another mob
    Yes
    Corpus tileset is especially bad with the collision, falling off into the abyss and just keep falling, or getting stuck (happened several times to me and other squad members)

Fairly easy for the most part - wait for Orphix to spawn, destroy nodes, destroy Orphix.

It felt pretty decent actually save for tight corridors - in very small corridors it is hard to navigate the Necramech as the camera is prone to freaking out and clipping into the wall leaving you blind.

No trouble finding or using them, but I found out fairly quickly they're not worth using past the first and second stage of the operation. The third stage just scales far too hard for their pre-equipped weapons and mods, leaving them pretty weak.

The pacing of the mission itself needs a lot of work, but the reward acquisition rate so far seems pretty good - within about four runs I was able to acquire all Lavos blueprints (though a chassis dropped for me during said runs), and the ability to shop for those items OR try to farm them in the missions themselves is a great change from previous events.

The mission itself needs some fine-tuning. The start and early portions of the mission drag on for too long with early Orphix being easy to kill and their spawn-in rate being a few minutes apart, leaving you to meander along and kill the endless horde of Corpus / Grineer troops constantly pinging you. Mid-mission it gets better, and towards the latter portion of the mission (post 20-22 kills) it really ramps up to a fun and frantic pace with the combination of the more durable Orphix and their faster spawns.

I honestly noticed very little about them as by the time they were spawned in the Orphix was usually at the brink of death, so by the time they actually did anything they would despawn after the Orphix was destroyed.

I have yet to reach 36 in a Squad, but my last run had us reach 35 before we had to extract.

The biggest complaint I have with the event currently is that visually its a bit of a mess to see anything once the action ramps up. The orange fog blinds player vision and pretty much obscures enemies, along with making it a bit annoying trying to find the exact weakpoint of the Orphix at more complicated angles.

The orange fog also makes shooting the crystals / nodes a bit annoying at times given how they blend in fairly heavily with it.

First off, I did all of my runs using Bone Widow (6 forma)/Iron Bride (4 forma) with randoms only, always aiming for 10,000 pts. per run

Obvious enough with the nagging coaching we always got from you know who...

1. I did not put enough jumping mods so most of the time I lacked the capacity to scale even the lowest height a warframe can easily jump to. Mostly passable interactions with the surroundings but lacking sparks flying or even a metallic "clang" when colliding or in a thick of a fight against the environment. Maybe introduce walls that are destructible to let us through instead of taking annoying longer routes to reach our targets like some of those hidden Orphix nodes?
  2. With most areas narrow and had to be traversed quickly, it is so easy to get snagged with a huge mech. Sometimes if I hit a wall quite near me, the full animation of a charging mech had to finish first before I can stop the action and finally change direction. Maybe a short stagger animation will do so we can quickly regain control of the mech and be on our way
  3. the low clearance of doors and the animation associated with sparks flying when our tall mechs head hit them is just too bad. If we are moving forward with it, I feel the effort to really make mechs work with any tileset should start with a believable animation. It can be an automatic, robotic maneuver with bent knees when charging or a crouching step when walking through them. Hopefully, with no extra input coming from us players. 

I snagged one accidentally and the only thing I noticed is how slow the animation needed for it to fully activate from a pile of mech parts. During crunch time this will be quite annoying especially when a mob is after you

1. With a very good group, the pace seems too gated with long pauses in between Orphix spawns. Maybe reward a competent group more time allotment while adjusting with a quicker interval too?
  2. I easily got major parts with the token system from Father with most of my runs ending with 10K points or more

I like the chaotic way they are spawning. But there are odd positions where an Orphix (Grineer tileset, near the globe) spawns tilted forward that only a melee hit can blindly hit its "eye" covered almost entirely by its lids? without a clear shot provided for a range attack. Just make sure every spawn is as erect as possible without any awkward positioning

An update. I just did one with randoms, it took 56 mins with almost 2K phasic cells earned

1. it might be a tall order, but Bone Widow currently has a high jump and an awkward downward slam when an enemy is standing at the same level as the mech. Can we have a smoother animation for a jumping attack to an enemy high above us just like some of the levitating Orphix? maybe we can grab it by the side of the head and slash it with the other hand? Too much ? 🤓
  2.  I already mentioned about hitting low clearance doors or gates, I am pretty sure a simple bend of the knee or crouch will be appreciated by us players. I mean, come on, our warframes have one of the most beautiful movements with bullet jumps, spin rolls, stances etc. I think the mechs deserve the same treatment

The event definitely have some rough edges, I actually got locked once inside my mech and can do nothing (except for using my Archgun) and just had to excuse myself to leave. Eventually the whole group decided to go because we were on top of 10K anyway. Other than that, I enjoy this one WAY better than Scarlet Spear.

Keep up the good work guys! Have a nice break!

On 2020-12-17 at 9:46 PM, [DE]Bear said:

It's very easy to understand what Orphix spawns are, when they come in, and how to open them up. It's a bit more difficult to figure out its hitbox, as it is difficult to spot from a distance, or from any angle other than the front. Some Orphixes also spawn in weird orientations, which makes it difficult to line up a good shot, which can add to the confusion.

Absolutely terrible, but most of that is down to Necramechs themselves being absolutely terrible to play. 

Specific to tilesets though: Small and cramped spaces offer two noticeable problems. The first is the camera, which constantly has to reposition as it collides with walls and thresholds. This creates a constant bobbing/swaying motion that is very nauseating to process.

The second is unit collision. It's insanely frustrating (Not to mention weird/dumb as all heck) to have a 60 kilo, 1.6 meter Grineer girl completely halt a 2.5 meter tall, 200 kilo warmachine in its tracks. You are constantly stuttering in movement with enemies walking up to you and blocking you. If you walk into a unit as a Necramech, they should ragdoll backwards and allow you to keep moving.

They spawned in the starting cell, clearly visible and marked, though I didn't use any, as I have my own.

Absolutely awful. Orphix come in a bit slow at times (This improves later on, in Endurance), points tick up very slowly, and they convert to Phasic Cells 10 to 1. This means an Orphix is worth 20 cells at best, which is a terrible pace to set when Lavos and his shotgun cost 4500 cells each. That means you need 225 Orphix takedowns in order to be able to buy them.

It helps that they can drop as random rewards, which can take the stress off of it, but I honestly expected, after finishing the first mission, that the other missions would have a better conversion rate. Like maybe 5 to 1 in Endurance.

The mission itself is just... Not that interesting, which makes the pace always feel extremely sluggish.

I liked the gate. Haven't noticed the others yet, so they don't really stand out in a combat scenario. 

No. Necramechs are way too trash to last long. Without consistent access to abilities and/or healing, if you're unlucky, you start taking damage, and there's no recovering from that.

The primary thought is this: Necramechs are awful. It is a really weird and quite possibly dumb idea to sideline Warframes (You know, the thing the game was named for) entirely to pursue this newborn, clunky format of gameplay. Necramechs are a couple dozen QoL steps back but are now hyped up as the next great big thing, to the point where the Warframe is made to kneel before them. 

Necramechs got more follow-up than Railjack did, which is really painful to watch, because Railjack actually has potential while Necramechs feel more like a dirty trick, saddling us up with really garbage 'warframes' so you can claim you're not nerfing anything.

Pretty understandable. The objective markers are pretty clear. Maybe a new player with no Necramech experience might struggle to understand.

Its clear that the tilesets weren't made for something so tall. It looks bad when your mech head clips through doorways. Its probably time to adjust doorways if mechs are going to be a thing on other tiles.

There is plenty around and they're easy to find.

The worst part is the pacing and rewards. There is far too much downtime between orphix drops. We should be able to rush drops just like ground condrix from Scarlet Spear. 

The currency rate is atrocious. I really hoped you had ironed out this by the end of Scarlet Spear, but its clear nothing was learned from the last operation.

They are okay within the first few waves but resistances become annoying for archguns that don't scale well enough. Using the operator can be risky especially in corpus tiles with Juno Techs shooting at you. I tend to ignore the Sentients entirely and focus on the Orphix. Destroying the Orphix eliminates the need to engage with sentients. 

I reached about 20 before our 4 man team could barely keep up. The Necramechs/ archguns fail to perform well enough to reach 36.

Not directly related to the event itself, but I thought Necramechs were going to be usable on normal ground missions. Is this just a trail run first or will we not have mech functionality on normal missions?

Necramechs are very slow, clunky and akward to use compared to the fast moving warframes so I must say we didnt much enjoy being forced to use them for this event. They are the opposite of what Warframe as a game is about, fast moving space ninjas. Its kinda like as if I had been driving a Lamborghini sports car whole my life and suddenly was given a carriage pulled by a donkey thats already past its life expectancy. What makes it even worse is the fact that you can EASILLY get inside the wrong necramech or activate the ones that are on the ground without meaning to, and since they have a very long assembly time its annoying as heck.

I know you can never please everyone, and sometimes you must do something different and experimental, but I wish when events like this were added to the game they had an alternative mode which didnt require using mechsw (or other vehicles) so EVERYONE could enjoy the game the way they want to. Because with rewards like this, even if we (me and my clan) dont like mechs at all, we are forced to do it so we dont miss out on a lot of good stuff :(

It wouldnt be so bad if Necramechs had a similar movement system to Warframes but they dont and I doubt they ever will.

A friend summarized it nicely: The games name is Warframe but these days we are forced to play everything BUT warframes.

• How easy was it to understand the new Operation and what you have to do to succeed?

Pretty quick , but will appreciate a bit more in game explanation .

Maybe a small readable guide on the mission screen.

It's a bit meh . Really hard to move around due to complexity of normal tileset .

operator is a better choice .

They are everywhere.

But I think it's activation speed can be faster , and should have some sort of base multiplier than just completely un-modded.

It's a nice base line .Time-reward structure is very clear , and RNG is to help speed up grind speed rather than the only source .

But even though there are a lot of reward  , I think there could be some repeatable once, maybe Kuva or Forma could be nice .

It's because once old player got all the new stuff (not a lot) , there is no reason to keep playing it . Arcanes are nice , but since the last OP with Arcanes was just half year ago , most of the player have them already.

I didn't notice any difference...

But it's really hard to scan those since Helios won't work , and scanning with operator is very bad , and there is a time limit.

Not yet , but I can already feel my Mausolon falling of the scaling. Voidrig's damage may be necessary , but it's a long endurance run , it's not gonna make it.

While Bonewidow just don't pack the punch.

• Any other thoughts on gameplay, difficulty, visuals, or in-game guidance?

I feel like the "no normal healing" direction is kind of bad...

It feels like someone is trying really hard to make Bonewidow viable as a tank by nerfing Voidrig.

It's not a good strat , really .

Buffing Bonewidow is the better option.

Archived